Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon180
    Duh...Just tried this trick and it worked but still haven't figured out the tf prob...

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hitsmanj
    Duh...Just tried this trick and it worked but still haven't figured out the tf prob...
    What TF problem are you experiencing?

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    What TF problem are you experiencing?
    when i load songs onto the card and put them in my phone only about half of them show up, even though i have shortened their file names.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hitsmanj
    when i load songs onto the card and put them in my phone only about half of them show up, even though i have shortened their file names.
    I'm not really sure - but if you put all known good mp3's on there (like mp3's from Mark V's ringtone page), do any of them not show up?
    I suspect not, so it must have something to do with how they were encoded or somesuch.

Feel free to post one of the mp3's that don't show up, and I'll try it on my phone - I assume it won't work on mine, so I'll re-encode it and post it back for you to try ... if you want.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    lol ... I always forget about that method.
    I just drag and drop them via OBEX - doesn't everyone?
    I really need to do that mod. Its getting old having to take the flash card in and out everytime i want to add a new song or movie. Someday its gonna snap in half.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not really sure - but if you put all known good mp3's on there (like mp3's from Mark V's ringtone page), do any of them not show up?
    I suspect not, so it must have something to do with how they were encoded or somesuch.

Feel free to post one of the mp3's that don't show up, and I'll try it on my phone - I assume it won't work on mine, so I'll re-encode it and post it back for you to try ... if you want.
    My bad...the ones not showing up are WMA's...forgive me, I am only an egg
    thanks for your patience

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    just made a cool openwave start up.........

its a little big (19kb)

but i have it on my phone and it works, just wanted to post it. It did turn out a little bit fuzzy, i dont know why

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think this one looks cool but its HUGE, 40kb I think.

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    is there an adapter/jack with built in mic that i can plug my regular headphones into to listen to mp3 on phone and still recieve calls? I have seen Skullcandy LINK jacked version that plugs into phone and seperate player, but i don't need the extra plug as the phone is the player...

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

Hey Guys, Just A Simple Question

Is there a seem edit needed to have e-mailed ringtones become just that in your E815??? I e-mail to my sisters 8300 an dmy wifes 8100 and they can save as ringers and then apply as ringers. My e815 won't let me do that with e-mailed ringers. I can only save items as "STORE ONLY".

THanks for the help. METMAN!!!

Device(s)
    Maxx Ve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    pmcafee

On an off note, in case anyone wants to modify their Openwave bootscreen, just copy brw_openwave_splash from the rootdirectory of your phone via P2K commander or BitPim, rename it with the extension .GIF on your computer, edit it to what you want it to be and save it, then rename it brw_openwave_splash (without the .GIF), and send it back to your phone, then reboot your phone, and viola! You have a new splash screen for your web browser! If you need a starter GIF just let me know, I have one or two I can send to you. Just send me a PM.

I edited mine then later flashed to 8720_01.1E.00. Now there isn't one. When I click mobile web it just starts to connect with no splash screen. Can one be added to the root directory since there isn't one or will this mess things up?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by metman07
    Is there a seem edit needed to have e-mailed ringtones become just that in your E815??? I e-mail to my sisters 8300 an dmy wifes 8100 and they can save as ringers and then apply as ringers. My e815 won't let me do that with e-mailed ringers. I can only save items as "STORE ONLY".

THanks for the help. METMAN!!!
    Please see ITEM #6 on the HOW TO's page at http://mark.cdmaforums.com including the "Common problems" listed just below the instructions....
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

Still no DICE!!!

Thanks Mark!!! U the man, AS USUAL, but I only get the ringer to store only and then it only lets me play it and not use it as a ringer. I am using a MP3 File of my OWN, TITLE"1blood.mp3" and followed your exact steps but only lets me save it as STORE ONLY. Please help. Thanks, Metman.
    Last edited by metman07; 09-10-2006 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Futher problems occurred

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by metman07
    Thanks Mark!!! U the man, AS USUAL, but I only get the ringer to store only and then it only lets me play it and not use it as a ringer. I am using a MP3 File of my OWN, TITLE"1blood.mp3" and followed your exact steps but only lets me save it as STORE ONLY. Please help. Thanks, Metman.
    So try one of Mark's MP3s and report back.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    His ringer worked but not mine. I am gonna try to adjust my ringers. Anyway, what program do you guys use to make ringers??? I have always used Audacity but I can't seem to ever get the ringer loudest without the bass being even louder. Thanks, Metman.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast