Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    OMG. This is the first meaningful thread you've started. Good job.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    OMG. This is the first meaningful thread you've started. Good job.
    haha thanks...will you second the sticky request?

Device(s)
    MOTO SLVR-telus on f/w w/ opera mini!!
    Carrier(s)
    V E R I Z O N
    Feedback Score
    yeah we shoudl sticky this

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    mods wutta ya think...can we have a sticky?

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroot6
    mods wutta ya think...can we have a sticky?

You know, you can PM the moderators yourself....

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Ringtones

Making ringtones is as (nearly) as simple as 1,2,3! All you need is an mp3, or possibly other audio format, and audacity (free mind you), and you can cut/crop your mp3's into ringtones! I've made a few so far, including from Bittersweet Symphony remix and the Oompa Loompa intro in the new Charlie/Chocolate Factory.

Have any questions, feel free to PM me and/or I'll create a new thread if enough people ask.
    E815:
    OBEX/TF Enabled
    DUN Enabled
    "Free" Mobile Web
    Custom Startup Animation/sound
    Custom Handmade Leather case

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

?????

am i missing something ??? did anybody say if they could email ringtones to the phone ,open the out box and use them for contacts/alarm/alerts???????

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    You know, you can PM the moderators yourself....
    i've done that already...

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon
    am i missing something ??? did anybody say if they could email ringtones to the phone ,open the out box and use them for contacts/alarm/alerts???????
    Yes you can ... it is the same as for the v710

There are 4 ways to get a ringtone to your phone's memory (5, if you include buying them )
    Two of these methods require a seem edit, but two of them are simple "work-arounds":
    http://www.v710.org/mark/V710_TransFlash.htm

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Yes you can ... it is the same as for the v710

There are 4 ways to get a ringtone to your phone's memory (5, if you include buying them )
    Two of these methods require a seem edit, but two of them are simple "work-arounds":
    http://www.v710.org/mark/V710_TransFlash.htm

do you have to use the transflash card?? what i mean is if i send a ringer to my phone, then save it to my phone,then i send it to the fake # or vzwpix.com ,then go to my outbox and save it that away, so i can use it as a contact??? can it be done that way?????

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    do you have to use the transflash card?? what i mean is if i send a ringer to my phone, then save it to my phone,then i send it to the fake # or vzwpix.com ,then go to my outbox and save it that away, so i can use it as a contact??? can it be done that way?????
    Quote Originally Posted by From that link I just gave you
    1. Send a message to your phone using the VZWPIX.com service from your pc that contains the file you want to use as a ringer. (limits... 250K file size, sound files must end with extension .MID even if its an MP3 file, the ringer should not be more than 20 to 25secs). Also works as an email to [email protected] with the file attached.... This will cost $.25 per message. For more info see my Post In This thread, its based on my comments in THIS THREAD, especially Post #24 and Post #37
    One thing though - with the E815, you do not have to rename the .mp3 to a .mid ... you can if you want, it doesn't matter.
    With the V710, Verizon converts mp3's to qcp's ... Verizon is not doing that if you are sending an mp3 to an E815, so you dont have to bother "fooling" them by renaming the extension.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    mbaverizon, you can save the mp3 from a message in your inbox just like you'd save it from your outbox. No reason to get it to your outbox if it is already in your inbox, you know?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    No you don't have to use a TF card.... The link Humpa directed you to is my Transflash page, because on the bottom of that page is where I happend to put the 4 ways to work around the Verizon imposed limits to getting custom ringers and graphics on the phone....

As you probably know... to use an MP3 or Midi file as a ringer, it must be stored in the phone's main memory. If its on the TF card, it CANT be used as a ringer. And Verizon has disabled the ability to directly copy/move Audio files between the TF card and the Phone's main memory....

So the "outbox trick"... putting TF in memory read on PC, putting the ring tone files on it, putting TF back in phone, emailing the ringer (stored on TF) to a bogus number, letting it error, go to the message still in the phone's outbox, and saving to main memory... is ONE way to get around the in-ability to copy/move MP3's from TF to Phone's main memory on a non-Hacked or non-Seem Edited phone.

But if you email to your phone via VZWPIX.com you can view the message from the phone's inbox, and choose to "store on the phone" which puts the file directly into the Phone's main memory (where all ring tones need to be...), so there is no need for the "outbox trick."

Sending to phone via Vzwpix.com = $.25 per message.
    Outbox trick = Initial cost of TF... FREE for unlimited use after that!!

i.e. the Outbox trick is only needed to get ring tone files from the TF card into the Phone's main memory if you have NOT hacked/seem edited your phone to re-enable the TF Copy/Move option, and you dont want to pay $.25 per message.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 08-11-2005 at 06:23 AM.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I believe there are also size limits. Emailing a file to your phone must be no more than 300 kb.

Perhaps it is the same for the 'outbox trick'?

In this case, the only way to use WHOLE songs as ringtones, is via a seem edit to enable you to transfer mp3's from the transflash to the internal memory. Or if you enable OBEX with the seem edit, you can freely transfer files to the phone's memory over bluetooth.

Oh, and just so people know. I dont believe you need to register at vzwpix.com EVER. I emailed some pictures to my email address from the phone (set it up to send a pix message and, when prompted for a telephone number, changed to letters and typed in my email address). Soon after I received an email from [email protected] in my outlook express inbox. I replied with an audio clip and it went perfectly back to my phone.

Someone had mentioned that you needed to register with vzwpix.com and that you needed to use a web based email client. NEITHER of which are true.
    Last edited by KarneDawg3; 08-11-2005 at 09:46 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_8731
    yeah we shoudl sticky this
    they wont change it to a sticky...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast