Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroot6
    they wont change it to a sticky...
    MOst of this same info was already on my pages... Take a look... (link in sig...)

For what is not there already... if you want to create a nice write up for me to add... PM me, I'll put it there, giving you the credit of course.....
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    MOst of this same info was already on my pages... Take a look... (link in sig...)

For what is not there already... if you want to create a nice write up for me to add... PM me, I'll put it there, giving you the credit of course.....
    It is nice to have one place that has all the correct info - and Mark V has it. Now, if that site is down, then that could be a problem of course. Maybe a mirror?

But as far as straight-up how-to guides, everything is on Mark V's pages. And he takes a very active role in helping and also adding/updating his pages.

Stickies seem way too cluttered and out of control, IMHO at least. Very hard to sift thru, and you can't edit them later. And this E815/V710 world keeps changing, so our methods/guides need to change also.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mark Venture, i send you a PM

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    It is nice to have one place that has all the correct info - and Mark V has it. Now, if that site is down, then that could be a problem of course. Maybe a mirror?
    I can eventually put a Mirror on my comcast provided space?? Unless someone else wants to host?

And he takes a very active role in helping and also adding/updating his pages.
    Yeah, I often make subtle changes to my site for corrections, additions, etc... Major updates I note on the "news" link, but like the other day, I found out the eforcity data cable works for seem edits and mpt, so I added that one to my site where I talked about known good cables.. I also corrected some typeo's and spelling errors BUT I didn't log that on the "news" link.

Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Stickies seem way too cluttered and out of control, IMHO at least. Very hard to sift thru, and you can't edit them later. And this E815/V710 world keeps changing, so our methods/guides need to change also.
    I agree... that I why on the FAQ of my pages I have...

Quote Originally Posted by from my FAQ page...
    6. Why don't you have info for how to (fill in the blank) on this site?
    This site contains information about what I have done to my phone. Unless I've done it myself, I don't feel comfortable putting the info on this web site. Instead, I've decided to have the Links page with threads that contain this additional information. If you have a How To that you want added, with good, clear instructions, send me a PM and I'll add it here, giving you the credit.

7. Can you add a How To about.... ?
    If you have a How To that you want added, with good, clear instructions, send me a PM and I'll add it here, giving you the credit.
    Maroot6 has contacted me via PM, I have replied, and we will try and work something out to add.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maroot6 has contacted me via PM, I have replied, and we will try and work something out to add.
    We're gonna try to work on a guide thats easy and simple...I'd like to hear what the people have to say and what you guys think we should add thats important and usefull. (but remember, i wanna do this for the simple people w/o any hacking)

Feedback Score

Thank You, Thank You!!

You're the man, Maroot6!!! Thanks for looking out for us simple people.

I got my E815 free through work. I'd never even heard of a "seem" before a couple days ago. I wouldn't even consider hacking the phone......even though it was free, I know I would fry it.

All I wanted was to play MP3s while I work out. Followed your directions last night and all is well in my world. So many other threads are confusing to someone like me (hacking?, OBEX?, DUN?, Seem Edits?, etc. etc.....hell, I'm still using windows 98 with a very very slow but free dial up connection). But your directions were simple and to the point. I appreciate it.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 Never Been Happier!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless!!
    Feedback Score
    I'm still using windows 98 with a very very slow but free dial up connection).
    Is anyone been able yet to successfully add the E815 as a Modem on their 98 under Device Manager and if so what "drivers" did it accept to complete installation. Thanks.
    DUN Enabled w/desktop & laptop
    mp3's/pics in & out E815 at will w/MPT
    Free Wap w/ Customized Homepage
    Free Pix Place Server
    VIDEOS! MP3's! Pics! Galore!!!

Go Motorola! E815!!!

MirrorMirror On The Wall, What Is The Most Fairest Cellphone Of All.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrackenjunk
    You're the man, Maroot6!!! Thanks for looking out for us simple people.

I got my E815 free through work. I'd never even heard of a "seem" before a couple days ago. I wouldn't even consider hacking the phone......even though it was free, I know I would fry it.

All I wanted was to play MP3s while I work out. Followed your directions last night and all is well in my world. So many other threads are confusing to someone like me (hacking?, OBEX?, DUN?, Seem Edits?, etc. etc.....hell, I'm still using windows 98 with a very very slow but free dial up connection). But your directions were simple and to the point. I appreciate it.
    your welcome!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    I am cross-posting this in some of the older threads for people experiencing problems transferring mp3s, videos, and big pictures with MPT over a USB cable, because it has been reported to work by at least 4 other people. Try it!!!

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=198

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    *BUMP*----Just bumped it for other people to see, hope it helps

hopefully not me--->

Feedback Score
    Used the instructions yesterday and they worked great. Just an FYI for anyone reading this. When I installed my Transflash card and turned the phone back on, it formatted the card automaticaly. I did not have to go into any menu to tell it to format like the instructions said. Maybe the software is a little different in mine I don't know. One more thing I think would be helpful. If you are using the ringtone method of sending to a bad number like 555-555-5555 and the transfering from the outbox. What you are sending is a "PIX Message" not a "TXT Message". I'm sure this is obvious to most, but for a first time phone user like me it was not. Hope this will help someone new to the phone like me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve52
    Used the instructions yesterday and they worked great. Just an FYI for anyone reading this. When I installed my Transflash card and turned the phone back on, it formatted the card automaticaly. I did not have to go into any menu to tell it to format like the instructions said. Maybe the software is a little different in mine I don't know...
    Actually, there are a couple reasons its suggest to "force" the phone to format the TF card when you first insert it...

Based on what I've read....

1. Some cards had problems where the phone could not format them and it wasn't apparent. Forcing the format worked.
    2. Some cards could not be formatted by the phone, they had to be put in a pc card reader, formatted, then put in the phone... forcing the phone to format caused the appropriate directory structure that the phone needs to be created on the TF card.
    3. Some were experiencing data corruption on the TF cards, and it appeard to be more likely to happen to those who did not have the phone format the TF card.

So when in doubt... manually format the card in the phone...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Actually, there are a couple reasons its suggest to "force" the phone to format the TF card when you first insert it...

Based on what I've read....

1. Some cards had problems where the phone could not format them and it wasn't apparent. Forcing the format worked.
    2. Some cards could not be formatted by the phone, they had to be put in a pc card reader, formatted, then put in the phone... forcing the phone to format caused the appropriate directory structure that the phone needs to be created on the TF card.
    3. Some were experiencing data corruption on the TF cards, and it appeard to be more likely to happen to those who did not have the phone format the TF card.

So when in doubt... manually format the card in the phone...
    Are you saying that you think it is a good idea to manually format the transflash card even if the phone automatically does it?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Are you saying that you think it is a good idea to manually format the transflash card even if the phone automatically does it?
    That's exactly what he's saying ...
    But I've had one 128MB TF card since November. I never manually formatted it. I assume it's just been formatted the first time I put it in my first V710.
    I've had three V710's and two E815's, and the TF card has been in all of them. I never had so much as a glitch.
    My TF card has never been in anything other than a V710 or E815 though - it's never seen a pc or card reader.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't reformat your TF card, or that it is not a good idea (because it sounds like a good idea to me too). I'm just sharing my experience, for whatever it's worth.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes. Exactly.

Not saying you need to, or you must... just that it seems to be a good idea based upon what I've read...

Of course, if you already have stuff on it, then its up to you... because you'd also have to back that up first or you will loose it.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast