Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Yes. Exactly.

Not saying you need to, or you must... just that it seems to be a good idea based upon what I've read...

Of course, if you already have stuff on it, then its up to you... because you'd also have to back that up first or you will loose it.
    Mine seems to be working fine with just the automatic format, and since I have the card almost full I think I will leave well enough alone for now.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    *BUMP* hope this helps newcomers!

Feedback Score
    I am using free wap with a proxy. I don't have a data cable yet and am not sure if I will buy it. I also do not have TF. I wanted to know if there was any way I can get ringtones onto my phone through WAP.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by killerz298
    I am using free wap with a proxy. I don't have a data cable yet and am not sure if I will buy it. I also do not have TF. I wanted to know if there was any way I can get ringtones onto my phone through WAP.

Please let me know if this is possible.
    No, not thru WAP.
    There are 4 ways to get a ringtone to your phone's memory (5, if you include buying them )
    Two of these methods require a seem edit, but two of them are simple "work-arounds"
    Click on the Transflash link on Mark V's page to read how to do it:
    http://www.v710.org/mark/

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question

This thread was very helpful. I wish it was easier to find though. I spent a lot of time trying to figure something "simple" out. I have never hacked anything in my life and as much as I think I'm capable of doing so... I don't have the time and extra money incase I screw up my phone.

Is it easy to screw up a phone with seem edits or hacking? I REALLY want to bluetooth my phone and palm pilot together. I want to SOOO BAD. I think my only choice is hacking right now, but I'm going to wait a while before I attempt. Maybe someone will come out with an update.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I try to *BUMP* this thread once in a while when it starts to dissapear into the depths of this forum...just to help people...glad it helped..im not saying "dont hack your phone" but for the people who are uncomfortable hacking their phone...enjoy

Device(s)
    Blackberry Priv (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure a thread containing this info got deleted because someone posted p2p links in it. I didn't know about it, so I don't want it to get lost.

If you have Trillian Pro, there is a plugin called IM Everywhere that lets you connect to AIM and send and recieve messages using only minutes. I find it better than airsoftwireless's but then the airsoftwireless is free; with this you have to pay for Trillian Pro (or do as suggested by the person who got banned and had his thread deleted).

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a 256 card and im running on a mac...i cant seem to get music from my itunes playlist to be reconised in the media player. someone please help!!!

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imac22
    I have a 256 card and im running on a mac...i cant seem to get music from my itunes playlist to be reconised in the media player. someone please help!!!
    Sorry, I dont have a mac, and I don't use iTunes on my Windows PCs... so I have to ask you some questions...

What format are the files? Are they still in whatever native format iTunes uses? or did you convert to MP3? i.e. are the files saved on the Transflash card .MP3?

Is it that the files are not listed in the phone's media player? or that they are listed but do not play/make noise?

If they are on the card but not listed, then it could be related to the number of characters in the file names... Too many is not good, the phone will not list them. (37 seems to be the limit I ran into, which is FileName + 3 character extension!)
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

i figured it out ...i had to convert them from mp4 to mp3 ...thanks anyway!!!

Device(s)
    HTC KAISER
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    i am trying to link the phone to my computer so that i can browse it and add files when i make a new ringer.....i have a bluetooth adaptor for the computer yet i cannot get it to connect so that i can browse and what not....is there a program that i need to install for this to work propperly....aslo i want to know what i have to do so that i can access the net using my phone on my computer cause i am moving and i am not going to have cable for a few days and i need the net to survive

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiobahnjon
    i am trying to link the phone to my computer so that i can browse it and add files when i make a new ringer.....i have a bluetooth adaptor for the computer yet i cannot get it to connect so that i can browse and what not....is there a program that i need to install for this to work propperly....aslo i want to know what i have to do so that i can access the net using my phone on my computer cause i am moving and i am not going to have cable for a few days and i need the net to survive
    Ok, this thread is more for people who do not want to "hack" their phone" so some of what you are asking is beyond the scope of this thread... That being said...

To browse the phone/add files (graphics, ringers, videos) via bluetooth or USB cable requires a Seem Edit (aka HACK). See the link in my sig for info.

If you do the seem edit, then you can either use Bluetooth OBEX file transfers, or use the Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) software to transfer the ringers, graphics, etc. I have a page about MPT too.

As for using using your phone as a modem to surf the net, not sure if that has been covered in this thread I'd have to re-read it all to be sure (but it should be becuase it doesn't require a "hack")... You need to enter ##DIALUP on the phone's keypad to enable the Dialup Networking (DUN) profile on the phone. after that you are set. See also the Express Network info on my pages (link in sig.)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    *BUMP* hope this helps other ppl...i've been away for about 2 weeks so if i've missed anything big lemme know

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    *BUMP* trying to help

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    *BUMP* again...if any new comers still need this lemme know so i'll keep bumping it..if not than i wont bump it as often...cuz it doesnt seem like too many ppl need it...idk?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast