Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 184

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    va
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    0
    i think this should be a sticky.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    307
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by intence
    i think this should be a sticky.
    yeah some of us have tried that already...its not like that informational but i think it helps somewhat wit ppl who want to know simple things..lol hope it helped u!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7
    Device(s)
    E815
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok, sorry for the stupid question I’m about to ask but, I followed the steps for the ring tones, I put it on the flash card (it plays the file on the phone from the card)
    I then sent it to a bogus number and YES the message failed…… so far so good…
    I then went to the outbox (here’s where the problem is I think) when I select the message the tone does not play. That’s as far as I can get.. Helppppppp

    Oh, thanks in advance for your help.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thegambler1
    Ok, sorry for the stupid question I’m about to ask but, I followed the steps for the ring tones, I put it on the flash card (it plays the file on the phone from the card)
    I then sent it to a bogus number and YES the message failed…… so far so good…
    I then went to the outbox (here’s where the problem is I think) when I select the message the tone does not play. That’s as far as I can get.. Helppppppp

    Oh, thanks in advance for your help.
    Follow this thread exactly to see where your error lies:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=673967

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    bumping... as this thread is still useful!!
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!


    New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

    Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    307
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    bumping... as this thread is still useful!!
    thanks Mark Venture! It did take me a long time to type all of that a while ago...and i hope some of you out there still use it...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    bumping... as this thread is still useful!! and I still haven't add time to add this to my pages yet like I said I would

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    282
    Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    bump...good thread

    "If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me"
    - Jimmy Buffett

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    917
    Feedback Score
    0
    maroot6: you just helped 1 dummies figure out how to get some free ringtones. thank you very much.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    What is required other than the USB cable to sync contacts with Outlook, Excel spreadsheet (format?), or any other software?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by samxdr
    What is required other than the USB cable to sync contacts with Outlook, Excel spreadsheet (format?), or any other software?
    To sync contacts you can only use MPT (mobile phone tools)...

    There was talk about SmithMicro's Mobile Phone Book possibly working IF its the version purchased and updated directly from SmithMicro, but the version of SM's Mobile Phone Book software included in Verizon's Mobile Office Kit does NOT support the E815.

    But I didn't purchase my copy from SM, I purchased VZW's MOK... and I can tell you it does NOT support the E815.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    To sync contacts you can only use MPT (mobile phone tools)...

    There was talk about SmithMicro's Mobile Phone Book possibly working IF its the version purchased and updated directly from SmithMicro, but the version of SM's Mobile Phone Book software included in Verizon's Mobile Office Kit does NOT support the E815.

    But I didn't purchase my copy from SM, I purchased VZW's MOK... and I can tell you it does NOT support the E815.

    I have backed up my phone contacts from a sammy a530 in a .csv file (comma separated values) using SmithMicro's Mobile Phone Book. Is that a file that MPT will recognize and import into an E815? If not is there a workaround?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23
    Device(s)
    Lg Voyeger
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nice.. so to get my own ringtones from my pc to the e815 i'd need just a transflash card,mpt,usb data cable and the necessary seem edits?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by creep2
    Nice.. so to get my own ringtones from my pc to the e815 i'd need just a transflash card,mpt,usb data cable and the necessary seem edits?
    Actually, you don't need any of those things - you can simply email them.

    There are 4 ways to get a ringtone to your phone's memory (5, if you include buying them )
    Two of these methods require a seem edit, but two of them are simple "work-arounds" that require no hacking.
    Go to Mark V's page, click on the Transflash link and scroll down to read about the "4 ways":
    http://www.v710.org/mark

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINOMADARENSHU
    I have backed up my phone contacts from a sammy a530 in a .csv file (comma separated values) using SmithMicro's Mobile Phone Book. Is that a file that MPT will recognize and import into an E815? If not is there a workaround?
    Per MPT's help...
    Code:
    The application enables you to import the following types of database:
    
    Text file with delimiters
    
    Text file without delimiters
    
    DBASE III or DBASE IV
    
    BVRP Phonebook (DBF and PBK)
    
    VCard (VCF)
    
    Exchange Phonebook (PAB)
    
    Outlook Contacts folder (PST)
    
    Outlook Express address book (WAB)
    
    Exchange, Outlook and Outlook Express formats are only available if the relevant applications are installed on your PC.
    If you CSV is a Comma Delimited text file, You'll be able to import into the phonebook program that is part of MPT... and then sync to phone that way...

    BUT I've only use MPT to sync the phone with outlook, so I can't say for sure.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Bookmarks