Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Device(s)
    Lg Voyeger
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Actually, you don't need any of those things - you can simply email them.

There are 4 ways to get a ringtone to your phone's memory (5, if you include buying them )
    Two of these methods require a seem edit, but two of them are simple "work-arounds" that require no hacking.
    Go to Mark V's page, click on the Transflash link and scroll down to read about the "4 ways":
    http://www.v710.org/mark
    ya but that cost 25 cents each time right? plus i want to get pictures off my phone because vzwpix.com makes them all small ;/

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by creep2
    ya but that cost 25 cents each time right? plus i want to get pictures off my phone because vzwpix.com makes them all small ;/
    That's correct.
    I was only saying that you didn't "need" any of those items you mentioned.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by creep2
    Depends on who you ask.. see my post a few back when someone asked about the cost...

You can do what you want with just a TF card (if your PC has a memory card reader)...

Verizon did NOT disable the ability to copy pictures between the phone's memory and the TF card... However, they did disable this ability for Sounds (i.e. MP3 and MIDI you want to use as ringers).

But you can always put a short (30second or less) MP3 or Midi (under 300kbytes) on the TF, and use the "outbox trick" to get it to main memory..

But more on that on my Transflash page (which is why Humpa pointed you there)... The link in my signature.. while there, use the navigation links down the left. Be sure to click on STOCK PHONE, TRANSFLASH, MPT and Seem Edits... To decide what is best for you BEFORE You run out, buy everything under the sun, and HACK..... Btw, be sure to check out the FAQ link (top right) too.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Feedback Score
    Regarding the transflash card and the ability to transfer pics and ringtones with it, I have read quite often that this is not possible if you have a Verizon E815 (I do). So, is it really possible to transfer pics and tones with the transflash card AND if you have a Verizon E815?

I have to repost what has already been said but I don't want to spend any money if the card is not going to work.

I'm curious as to how the mp3 player sounds on the phone. Can anybody let me know?

EDIT: (Is there another name for the transflash memory card?)

Thanks,
    - Mark
    Last edited by c_kramer; 11-22-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_kramer
    Regarding the transflash card and the ability to transfer pics and ringtones with it, I have read quite often that this is not possible if you have a Verizon E815 (I do). So, is it really possible to transfer pics and tones with the transflash card AND if you have a Verizon E815?
    Transfereing Pictures between the phone's memory and TF card is NOT Disabled by Verizon.. and work arounds or Seem Edits is NOT necessary for that.

Verizon DID disable the ability to transfer SOUNDS (mp3/midi) between the phone's memory and the TF Card. You can either do a Seem Edit to re-enable this, OR the "outbox" trick can be used as work around to this (point #6 in the original post).

For more info, visit my pages (link in my signature), see the FAQ in the top right, and use the Navigation links down the left. While I suggest you start at the top and work your way down in order, some points of interest for you... the link for STOCK PHONE, and Transflash.

I'm curious as to how the mp3 player sounds on the phone. Can anybody let me know?
    I don't have stereo headphones to listen, but I can tell you when encoding them as 40kbit/44Khz/Mono and listening using my Plantronics Mobile Headset MX153-M1, they sound like AM radio quality... But this is probably due to the crappy ear piece and low encoding rate rather than the phone... Note: I also have a 160Kbit/44kHz/Stereo MP3 on my TF and it too sounds like AM, so I am sure its due to the ear piece!!
    EDIT: (Is there another name for the transflash memory card?)
    Transflash is also called microSD.. Please do not confuse this with Mini-SD, as they are NOT the same...

Feedback Score
    Mark_Venture,

Thanks.

- Mark

Device(s)
    VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I used your info to send ringers to my GF's V710 and it works GREAT!!! Now, I just got the E815 and am trying to do the same thing. But .mid files are not getting thru, and .mp3 files get converted to .qcp and cannot be used as ringers.

How do I get around this?? I've even tried using the files I sent to the V710. But when the message gets there, there is no file, even though it shows the "attachment" icon next to the message.

Did VZW change something? I've done everything exactly the same!

Device(s)
    Tourist!!!
    Feedback Score

not working

Thanks for this awesome guide! I tried doing the above but couldnt get the ones on walmart.com to save. It would tell me xxxx.xx was not a valid type and quit saving.

Any other ideas?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by azdmelani
    Thanks for this awesome guide! I tried doing the above but couldnt get the ones on walmart.com to save. It would tell me xxxx.xx was not a valid type and quit saving.

Any other ideas?
    were you using the preveiws from the Walmart.com CD store? or their download music site?

You need to use the ones from their CD store.

Device(s)
    Tourist!!!
    Feedback Score
    I reread your post and figured it out.

Thanks Mark for the awesome site

Device(s)
    HTC KAISER
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NKTizzle
    I used your info to send ringers to my GF's V710 and it works GREAT!!! Now, I just got the E815 and am trying to do the same thing. But .mid files are not getting thru, and .mp3 files get converted to .qcp and cannot be used as ringers.

How do I get around this?? I've even tried using the files I sent to the V710. But when the message gets there, there is no file, even though it shows the "attachment" icon next to the message.

Did VZW change something? I've done everything exactly the same!
    if you go back into your outbox and go to the message that you sent, then open it up, then hit the menu button and go down to save items....it will say save file select that, then it will play the song, hight the right soft key to select store, it will then ask for your phone or your transflash select phone and save file as desired...
    hope that helps

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for this post. It was very helpful :-)

Device(s)
    LG 9700 Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Question: When emailing MP3's to "[email protected]" how long does it take to received the message? I did it and have been waiting a while and haven't received anything

I am also unable to attach songs from the vzpix website
    Last edited by spdy0001; 01-18-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Device(s)
    Touchy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I recieve the email within 10 seconds usually. How long have you been waiting for? Check your inbox, maybe recieving txt messages is on silent and you didn't know?

Device(s)
    LG 9700 Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1130
    I recieve the email within 10 seconds usually. How long have you been waiting for? Check your inbox, maybe recieving txt messages is on silent and you didn't know?
    I have now waited almost an hour, so im sure something isn't working. I know that regular text messages are working because I have received those already. I have heard that I may need to call CS and have them "turn on" the ability to receive pix messages.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast