Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    glad to see this thread is still useful

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spdy0001
    I have now waited almost an hour, so im sure something isn't working. I know that regular text messages are working because I have received those already. I have heard that I may need to call CS and have them "turn on" the ability to receive pix messages.
    I have seen reports of delays ranging from a few hours to over a DAY!!

I have also read of sending with certain email clients doesn't make it to the phone.

Send with GMAIL... (its know to work 100% of the time)... if it doesn't make it to your phone within a few hours.. then worry...

Btw, those that have needed to call to turn on the feature.. have received a message to their phone saying something like... "you've received a Pix/Flix message... to view please visit our web site..."
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    LG 9700 Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    I have seen reports of delays ranging from a few hours to over a DAY!!

I have also read of sending with certain email clients doesn't make it to the phone.

Send with GMAIL... (its know to work 100% of the time)... if it doesn't make it to your phone within a few hours.. then worry...

Btw, those that have needed to call to turn on the feature.. have received a message to their phone saying something like... "you've received a Pix/Flix message... to view please visit our web site..."
    Thanks for the info. I was using GMAIL and still haven't received anything. I will try again tonight. Thanks

Device(s)
    LG 9700 Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ok im embarrased now by my stupidity

I was emailing [email protected] instead of [email protected]

I got the address right tonight and it worked a few seconds. Thanks for this great thread guys

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 Never Been Happier!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless!!
    Feedback Score
    Great thread and simple guide. Keep 'er Rockin!! Good Ja Oh Be!!
    DUN Enabled w/desktop & laptop
    mp3's/pics in & out E815 at will w/MPT
    Free Wap w/ Customized Homepage
    Free Pix Place Server
    VIDEOS! MP3's! Pics! Galore!!!

Go Motorola! E815!!!

MirrorMirror On The Wall, What Is The Most Fairest Cellphone Of All.

Feedback Score
    Hi maroot6 im new at this and recently purchased an e815 and trying to put ringtones on my phone. i bought the transflash card and adaptor for my computer and followed all the steps untill i got the the part that you said i had to send the ringtone in a message, i cant fined out how to send the ringtone into a message from the card. i would really appreciate it if you could help me...

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (personal and business)
    Feedback Score
    Excellent info Maroot!! Thanks so much.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (personal and business)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshrek86
    Hi maroot6 im new at this and recently purchased an e815 and trying to put ringtones on my phone. i bought the transflash card and adaptor for my computer and followed all the steps untill i got the the part that you said i had to send the ringtone in a message, i cant fined out how to send the ringtone into a message from the card. i would really appreciate it if you could help me...
    Go into multimedia, sounds (switch to the card if it's set to phone) and play the tone you want to send. While it's playing hit the menu key and you will see the option to send in message.

Device(s)
    MOTO E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OMG.. Thanks for all the help... I was having trouble copying clips at Wallies site went to VZ site.. got it.. YAHOO.. was not able to save using the send to . but i opened it up under my windows media player.. and clicked on file and saved that way..
    Then i pulled that file copied it to my TF... whoo hooo.. now we are in business...
    Sure beats.. the .. 1.99 crappy sounds. you gotta pay for..

You did a awsome job with this thread.. .. thanks.. .. I am not a comp wiz... just thinking i know more than my daughter.. heheh.. now with this info.. I can.. amaze a few more people.. .. whoo hoo
    VX8100 Look ma.. no sound.. ..
    NOW.. 3rd phone in a month.. going for the MOTOE815

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    the email works on my freinds phone but it dose not work on my phone it wont let me open it at all . i receve pic's and videos but cant open the ring tones from email any help

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    still cant get mine to recive ringtones from email so i'm just using the tflash works fine great job guy's

Feedback Score

Just what I needed...

Great thread guys. Just got the e815 a few days ago and have been researching about the phone ever since. If anybody can answer, what, apart from transfering sounds was disabled by Verizon?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blondflava
    If anybody can answer, what, apart from transfering sounds was disabled by Verizon?
    1. The abitily to copy sounds directly between the phone's memory and TF card... (sounds need to be in phone's mem to be used as ring tones).
    2. The ability to use the MultiMedia Studio portion of MPT via USB Cable or Bluetooth.
    3. Bluetooth OBEX File Transfers.
    4. Bluetooth DUN profile

what else did I forget???

Device(s)
    ZTE Citrine (GSM), Samsung Galaxy Luna (CDMA), LG Rebel (CDMA), LG L238C (CDMA)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Plugging/Unplugging USB cable

OK, here is a stupid question about the Motorola USB cable. I know regular computer USB cables can (and should) be plugged and unplugged without having to power down the PC. But when it comes to the connection to the phone, can THAT end be safely plugged into the phone (and unplugged from the phone) while everything is powered on? (I've been powering off the PC first before I plug/unplug the phone end of the cable into the phone but that is a hassle.)

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    don't think thats a problem i plug mine in and out without powering down it dont hurt nothing . i've never herd that one befor that would be a pain in the a** .

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast