Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmqidoc
    OMG.. Thanks for all the help... I was having trouble copying clips at Wallies site went to VZ site.. got it.. YAHOO.. was not able to save using the send to . but i opened it up under my windows media player.. and clicked on file and saved that way..
    Then i pulled that file copied it to my TF... whoo hooo.. now we are in business...
    Sure beats.. the .. 1.99 crappy sounds. you gotta pay for..

You did a awsome job with this thread.. .. thanks.. .. I am not a comp wiz... just thinking i know more than my daughter.. heheh.. now with this info.. I can.. amaze a few more people.. .. whoo hoo
    Need help!! Can not figure out how to save sound clips from wal mart site, or vrzn's site. Help appreciated.
    Thanks, Andy

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    they changed the format of the files so their harder to copy . u can do what i do and just make them yorself .

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trssho
    Need help!! Can not figure out how to save sound clips from wal mart site, or vrzn's site. Help appreciated.
    Thanks, Andy
    Well, like 750-r said... Walmartnow uses .ASX files, so you can't use them now...

but as for Verizon's VZWTones site....

From my "Free Mp3" page... (link off my Ring Tone page)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Visit http://vzw.ztango.com/vzwtones their "previews" are properly formatted MP3s.. Once you find one, right click on the "purple" circle with head phones, from the pop-up, click Save Target As... and save to your computer. NOTE: it appears this site has changed how they preview sounds so Right click -> Save Target As doesn't work. NOTE: since changing their site so that when you click on a preview it launches using a JAVA SCRIPT... you can no longer right click->Save as... BUT you can do the following... Make sure MP3's are NOT associated with Windows Media Player (Open Windows Media Player... go TOOLS -> Options... on the File Types tab.. make sure MP3 is NOT checked)... If Apple Quicktime is installed... make sure it is NOT set to handle MP3's... (on PC's with QT set to handle MP3's, they will play in IE using quickime... to disable QT's handling of MP3's Launch the Quicktime Player from the start menu... From the EDIT pull down... click Preferences -> QuickTime Preferences... use the drop down box and select File Associations... Click the FILE TYPE button... find the listing for MP3 AUDIO, and MP3 PLAYLIST and REMOVE the check mark from the boxes... Click on OK... and close that all down...) With my PC's set this way, when I visit the VZTones site and click on a demo... it pop-up's saying "open/Save/Cancel"
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Feedback Score

Question still won't work..

Hi - I just got the 815 a few days ago and found this all helpful but i have tried everything to get these ringtones to download and nothing will work.. is there any other websites to get 30 sec samples or anything else to do?

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    do a google serch for mp3 their are alot of sites out there with 30 sec. clips just got to look for them make sure u are save target as then at the bottom all files then save... go to marks page and go to his ringtones and save a few of them to make sure your doing it right
    Last edited by 750-r; 02-22-2006 at 10:11 PM.

Device(s)
    SCH-a990
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Can someone PM me with a location for the newest Motorola Phone tools v4x?

I only have 3.11. Thanks.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger187

http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/products/mob...ls/default.asp
    Though you can get it a lot cheaper on ebay with a cable.

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score

why dont u just do a update ? if u already have 3.11 menu update

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    =BUMP= This is a GREAT thread. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Howdy folks. Long time lurker, first time poster
    I was pointed to this thread via Mark_Venture's incredibly informative site. I recently upgraded to an E815 (reading several reviews convinced me of its value), and was surprised to see the volumes of information available.

The "outbox" method of using my own collection to make ringtones appeals to me, but I've got some questions if anyone has the time/inclination to indulge me:

1) I've heard the latest firmware fixes what some call the "weak" vibrate of the phone by default. If I go to my local Verizon and get this update, can I still copy ringtones with the previously mentioned method?

2) I picked up my transflash card today, and I'm a little intimidated by the prospect of breaking it (I had NO clue it was that tiny ). Assuming I get a USB Datacable, can I copy ringers to the Transflash Card (without removing it from the phone) then use the outbox method to copy it into the phone's memory for use as a ringtone?

If I do have to pop the card out use it with a card reader, can anyone offer up any suggestions for care while moving/removing the card?

Thanks in advance

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phion
    Howdy folks. Long time lurker, first time poster
    I was pointed to this thread via Mark_Venture's incredibly informative site. I recently upgraded to an E815 (reading several reviews convinced me of its value), and was surprised to see the volumes of information available.

The "outbox" method of using my own collection to make ringtones appeals to me, but I've got some questions if anyone has the time/inclination to indulge me:

1) I've heard the latest firmware fixes what some call the "weak" vibrate of the phone by default. If I go to my local Verizon and get this update, can I still copy ringtones with the previously mentioned method?

2) I picked up my transflash card today, and I'm a little intimidated by the prospect of breaking it (I had NO clue it was that tiny ). Assuming I get a USB Datacable, can I copy ringers to the Transflash Card (without removing it from the phone) then use the outbox method to copy it into the phone's memory for use as a ringtone?

If I do have to pop the card out use it with a card reader, can anyone offer up any suggestions for care while moving/removing the card?

Thanks in advance
    1. Yes. Everything that works with 1.17.03 works exactly the same with the 1.1E.00
    Though #777 DUN requires a few extra edits. But this is explained on Mark V's site too.

2. You can use BitPim to transfer files from your pc to your TF card while it is in your phone. But I've read posts from lots of people who abuse the hell out of their TF cards with absolutely no ill effects. Apparently they are much more durable than they appear. People have even put them thru the wash.

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    dropped, stepped on ,kicked , I pretty much abuse the heck out of my card and it still works

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Didn't read the whole thread, but the info on card formatting is a bit off:

1. New TF cards don't need formatting - they are formatted at the factory.
    2. The first time you insert a TF card, the phone automatically creates the necessary folder structure on it.
    3. The phone cannot format 1 GB TF cards...it will lock up, and you'll have to remove and reinsert the battery to get things going again.
    4. If you have to format a TF card on your PC using the SD adapter, format to FAT16, not FAT32.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Everything is working according to instruction, thanks a ton folks!

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    6. Ringtones
    *there are so many possibilities to get ringtones onto your Motorola E815, I am going to go over a way that i am most familiar with thats easy if you have your transflash card, adapter, and reader.
    * www.walmart.com is a simple way to get ringtones. you simply go to their website and click on the music tab. you than search for your favorite kind of music...at the bottom they will have 30 second MP3 clips of almost any song. you right click, save target as, and save it to your audio folder on your PC. You than go through the whole proccess of dragging and dropping the ringtone file into your cards audio folder. than put the card back into your phone and send your ringtone into a message. send it to a bogus # such as 555-555-5555. the message will fail ::ONT WORRY ITS SUPPOSED TO!::: you than go to your outbox and select that message. your ringtone will start playing, save it to your phones memory. than go to your sounds section and it should be there! you then select it and click the menu button and "apply as ringtone" there you go! a free ringtone ready to use!
    *VZW TONES is an application on Get It Now but stupidly verizon has a website of all of those audio files which you can put on your card and use as a ringtone instead of paying for it on Get It Now. Here is the website...you than follow the same rules as you would do on walmart.com and right click, save target as, save to your PC audio folder. than put it on your card and send in a message to a bogus #...blah blah blah...follow the same steps as i described above!
    *custom ringtones
    I dont have any custom ringtones except 1 that someone on this forum made for me. If you have no clue on how to make custom ringtones i wouldnt try it unless you follow someone else's guide..***THERE ARE VERY GOOD RINGTONE GUIDES IN THIS FORUM SO IF YOU REALLY WANT CUSTOM RINGTONES SOMEBODY HERE CAN PROBABLY HELP YOU MORE THAN I CAN*** for custom ringtones you would simply use the "outbox method" which i have described above to use it. a custom ringtone has to be a certain size and should be 48kbps/44kHz/Stereo Mpeg 1.0 Layer 3. It should be in Mono instead of Stereo for the best sound quality out of your phone.

tried this with my phone didnt work any advice please p,m me

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast