Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Device(s)
    Touchy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joey notz
    tried this with my phone didnt work any advice please p,m me
    Could you be more specific? What problems do you have? You can't get ringtones from WalMart anymore I believe.

Try this:

1. Use Audacity and trim down a mp3 song that you would like to use as a ringtone. Make sure it is either between 300kb-350kb or 30 sec.-35 sec. long. Export it as Mp3.

2. Use Razorlame > Add file > select file you just exported. Go to Lame Options > You shall see a box,
    Bitrate: change to 32kbit
    Mode: change to Mono

Now Encode it.

3. Find the File and put it on your TF card. It should be in Motorola > shared > audio
    MAKE SURE SONG NAME IS BELOW 37 CHARACTERS.

4. Access your TF card through you phone. Go to sounds > find mp3 ringtone > Menu > Send in Message > To 555-555-5555 > OK > OK again

5. When finished go to your Outbox. Select file to play. While playing > Menu > Save > File > phone. Now it should be in your ringtone selection
    lol wut?

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT & T
    Feedback Score

walmart

walmart has switched their files to streaming media i think. so you need to get a new program to get the streaming media. tryi it that way hopefully it works

Device(s)
    Bag Phone
    Carrier(s)
    GREEDY (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    They are asf files hard to copy their are other sites that have the 30sec. mp3 files you can get

Device(s)
    EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    walmart and getitnow link does not work, download not supported? Guess they figured it out. Ohh well. Anyone now of another place I can get a sample music from. If its sample why do they block us from getting it. Its free right. Then whats the problem???

Device(s)
    Maxx ve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tformed
    walmart and getitnow link does not work, download not supported? Guess they figured it out. Ohh well. Anyone now of another place I can get a sample music from. If its sample why do they block us from getting it. Its free right. Then whats the problem???
    How many threads are you going to ask this question in?? I don't think it needs to be more than one, eh??

Device(s)
    EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sorry man. Really sorry. Desperate.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Personal & Work
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tformed
    Dude, why not just do a simple seem edit and then make your own ringtones from any digital music you already have or can get??? I did the seem edit and my E815 is fully enabled, I make all my own ringtones usingg Sony Soundforge. It's really easy and quite simple to do...
    Home phoneless for over three years and loving it!!!

My E815 Wallpaper

My Ringtones

Aircraft mechanics have tighter nuts

Feedback Score
    mobilefye.com will work

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bump to help out new E815'ers (Like me )

Feedback Score
    Why does every text message I recieve have a question mark at the end of it?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gensix
    Why does every text message I recieve have a question mark at the end of it?
    not sure.. what phone/firmware?
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I finally figured it out how to copy the files from the flash card to the phone, without texting them to yourself.

1. Install the transflash card.
    2. Save any mp3 files as mid and put the files on the card.
    3. Go to sounds.
    4. Switch to storage device to he transflash card you can look at the songs you have on there.
    5. Make a new playlist and select 1 song to add to the playlist. It does not matter which one you pick because you won't be using it anyway. So pick something small.
    6. Go back to the sounds interface index.
    7. Use '0' to highlight or "mark" every mp3/ringtone you want, EXCEPT the playlist file.
    8. When you are done marking the files you want, mark the Playlist file DEAD LAST. This is critical, because if you don't do this, you won't get the Copy option.
    9. Now select Copy,and all files will copy. It will put all those songs onto the sounds part of the phone's memory, including the playlist.
    10. You can delete the playlist from the phone hard drive when you're done.

Yeah baby!!!!! Much better than texting the sound files to yourself, lol...
    This worked on a new e815 phone that I just purchased this week.
    Last edited by e815usa; 06-23-2006 at 04:34 PM.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score

Wink E815 Headphone Adaptors

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already.

There is no need to buy expensive junky 2.5mm headphones so that you can listen to MP3s on the E815 using the headphone Jack!

You can use your existing high quality Stereo Headphones.
    You simply Need a "2.5mm to 3.5 mm Stereo adaptor".
    They are available for as low as $4.95 on the web but the availability is stores is very rare.
    I couldn't locate one in Frys or MicroCenter.
    Of course they don't want you to buy this simple solution when they can sell you something much more expensive.
    BestBuy had one which I bought which consists of a the adaptor and some extra wire which costs $14.95 but honestly you just need the $4.95 adaptor. I can't locate it on their website anymore.
    I hope you find this useful.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e815usa
    I finally figured it out how to copy the files from the flash card to the phone, without texting them to yourself.

1. Install the transflash card.
    2. Save any mp3 files as mid and put the files on the card.
    3. Go to sounds.
    4. Switch to storage device to he transflash card you can look at the songs you have on there.
    5. Make a new playlist and select 1 song to add to the playlist. It does not matter which one you pick because you won't be using it anyway. So pick something small.
    6. Go back to the sounds interface index.
    7. Use '0' to highlight or "mark" every mp3/ringtone you want, EXCEPT the playlist file.
    8. When you are done marking the files you want, mark the Playlist file DEAD LAST. This is critical, because if you don't do this, you won't get the Copy option.
    9. Now select Copy,and all files will copy. It will put all those songs onto the sounds part of the phone's memory, including the playlist.
    10. You can delete the playlist from the phone hard drive when you're done.

Yeah baby!!!!! Much better than texting the sound files to yourself, lol...
    This worked on a new e815 phone that I just purchased this week.

Wow that's an absolutely amazing ingenious find if it's true on a unhacked phone!
    My phone has already been hacked so I can't run a good test of this.
    Can somebody verify this?
    Last edited by kinkajou; 06-24-2006 at 11:23 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It is true. Let me say that I was pissed when I upgraded my v710 to the e815 this past week and I found out that I could not copy my ringtones form my 512K Transflash. The Verizon rep said they did this on purpose.
    I knew there had to be a way to copy without hacking my phone. Yes the Internet is a valuable resource, lol!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast