Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Setting Up An Unlocked Phone on FIDO

Feedback Score

browser doesnt work?

i am usin cingular razer v3 cell on the fido network. cell works fine but the browser doesnt work!! does any1 kno wut i need 2 do or who do i call!?!?!? fido cs they dont have a clue. thanx.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I flashed mine and had the same problem razer3 .. go to http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=452397 and use the motorola settings, right under the following text:

If you are not subscribed to any internet package then you have to use WAP settings.

For GPRS using the wap.fido.ca APN

Feedback Score
    Just a quick question, as I'm not the phone expert or anything (that's what these forums are for ^^):

If I buy an unbranded phone from HK, I don't need to unlock it to use on the Fido network, right? So therefore, I can just pop my Fido SIM card into the new phone and be able to use it fine (assuming of course the phone runs on the right frequency)?

Just wanted to clarify, thanks.

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xbbtadd1ctx
    Just a quick question, as I'm not the phone expert or anything (that's what these forums are for ^^):

If I buy an unbranded phone from HK, I don't need to unlock it to use on the Fido network, right? So therefore, I can just pop my Fido SIM card into the new phone and be able to use it fine (assuming of course the phone runs on the right frequency)?

Just wanted to clarify, thanks.
    If the fone is unlocked and it has 850 and/or 1900 MHz then you're fine. Just move your sim card to the new fone and you're good to go. If the fone has 850 and/or 1900 MHz and is locked then you're going to have to get it unlocked before you can use it on the network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    where would i be able to get the v360 settings which is originally from rogers onto fido? WHen I unlock my phone, the browser is not unlocked? What else isn't? What am I constrained to? Will txt msging work? BT?

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score
    I wouls think u would use the same settings that were used for the V400 but I might be wrong

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Ok, well I have the WAP settings for my Motorola E390 (suing it on Fido) but even though I have browsed all the possible menu settings (or so I believe) I am unsure as to where to actually find the menu in which I input these settings?!?!

Rogers and Fido customer support were both no help at all..

Feedback Score

Phone suddenly rejected from FIDo

Hi,

I bought an unlocked phone (the Motorolla Min). And i've been using it on my Fido Sim card for about 6 months.

Then one day, my friend tried his sim Card in my phone.
    It was a Roger's Sim card. However, here's the kicker, before switching his sim card, the card was set to call forwarding.

after switching back, I am unable to receive calls ! Well, I receive calls from some people and not from some other people. Some landline and cells I receive, some i don't.

I called Fido; they told me to use it in my original Fido phone. It does work in there. But i would like to use my Motorolla one since i paid so much for it

Info:

The only available network on the Motorlla phone is the Rogers Wireless NetID : 302-720.

any help would be great !!

thanks in advance,

Jenny

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm having issues with my M600 not finding any network in the Greater Vancouver. It's new and unlocked. I read that it worked with Fido but no luck. It's a tri-band phone, but shouldn't it work in the Greater Vancouver area?! I have it set to find any GSM/3G network automatically. Any suggestions?

Device(s)
    iPhone - yeah, I finally got one
    Carrier(s)
    Softbank
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by serpico007
    I'm having issues with my M600 not finding any network in the Greater Vancouver. It's new and unlocked. I read that it worked with Fido but no luck. It's a tri-band phone, but shouldn't it work in the Greater Vancouver area?! I have it set to find any GSM/3G network automatically. Any suggestions?
    set it to GSM only. if that doesn't work, then you have a dud phone.

i just got a k550i (from HongKong) and i love how great it works. I turned it on and hte phone automatically received GPRS and MMS settings. that's great!
    Last edited by Kevbodian; 05-25-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevbodian
    set it to GSM only. if that doesn't work, then you have a dud phone.

i just got a k550i (from HongKong) and i love how great it works. I turned it on and hte phone automatically received GPRS and MMS settings. that's great!
    I did try it on GSM only, even drove around South Burnaby and no signal at all. I read that other users of SE phones in my area have the same problem due to it being only tri-band without the 850. My wife's motorola L6 works fine, it's tri-band, though she only gets 1 bar signal strength. It probably works fine in Vancouver, but not my area.

Feedback Score
    non fido phones need to have the fido settings for internet, mms, the text messaging center number and the voice mail center number, call fido to get these settings or check on this forum. you go into your internet settings to enter them or get the settings from fido and call your manufacturer of your phone to walk you thru them.

Feedback Score

mms on k550i

How do you get MMS to work on the K550i?

I went to the Ericsson site and sent the WAP and MMS settings to my phone.

I am able to browse the net, but I can't send any MMS messages?

What's wrong?

Feedback Score
    I've just brought over a samsung x820 from the UK. With my fido sim installed it can only find the Rogers-AT&T network and shows the phone is roaming. Is this normal? Should I see a fido network?

Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Well, its not quadband, only triband, so theretically you could be in an area that relies strongly on the fido 850 Mhz band. Once some phones work on one carrier that stronger, they often have to be powercycled when in a different area to see the other network. I used to have a z600 unlocked, triband, and my fido was ALWAYS on Rogers unless i powercycled it downtown.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast