Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to transfer messages from memory card to phone memory ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    भारत
    Posts
    1,934
    Phones
    Blackberry Torch
    Blackberry Torch
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    0

    How to transfer messages from memory card to phone memory ?

    Hello all

    I have few sms and couple of folder of sms saved on my memory card which are important to me and i want to transfer them to the phone memory . i cannot find that option anywhere to transfer those messages to phone memory . If anyone knows please help me out here . thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Europe/Croatia/Split
    Posts
    1,231
    Phones
    N95 / N93
    N70 / N90
    E50 / p910
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    What about phone!?
    U really need to be a little bit more precise...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    भारत
    Posts
    1,934
    Phones
    Blackberry Torch
    Blackberry Torch
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso
    What about phone!?
    U really need to be a little bit more precise...



    what do u mean by what abt phone ?


    which phone do u mean ?



    its a 7610

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,127
    Phones
    GNex, Galaxy S, Nokia 5230 and babysitting a MC950D & an iphone4 16gig -- That thing has got to go!
    Nexus One; TyTn; BJII; 6620; T610; M55UnLkd;
    M55UnLkd; 3390; 6190; 7190; 8290UnLkd; T720; Moto V60gUnLkd; R520 The last great Ericsson!
    Carrier
    Wind & Fido-Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by praz
    Hello all

    I have few sms and couple of folder of sms saved on my memory card which are important to me and i want to transfer them to the phone memory . i cannot find that option anywhere to transfer those messages to phone memory . If anyone knows please help me out here . thanks
    The easy way would be to simply copy the folders off to your SMS's over from E:\ to C:\
    Get a file manager app (easier than the built-in one). You mailbox is
    e:\system\mail
    Copy it to the same location on the C:\, if it is not there, then just create it.

    I am not sure what you mean by SMS folders, since the S60 built-in inbox only supporst one folder. Perhaps you are using a third party application to create more folders? Like MUMSMS or whatever....What do you mean exactly?
    FIDO Power User:
    Unlimited Data Line Only

    Ex-Wind, Now Mobilicity Data & Phone

    Surfing the Mobile net with wild abandon.

    From Toronto? Want to meet new friends? Then come out, don't be shy! it is not spam I run the group myself, now with 1550+ people! Check here!
    Visit my blog!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    भारत
    Posts
    1,934
    Phones
    Blackberry Torch
    Blackberry Torch
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ago Vino Verita
    The easy way would be to simply copy the folders off to your SMS's over from E:\ to C:\
    Get a file manager app (easier than the built-in one). You mailbox is
    e:\system\mail
    Copy it to the same location on the C:\, if it is not there, then just create it.

    I am not sure what you mean by SMS folders, since the S60 built-in inbox only supporst one folder. Perhaps you are using a third party application to create more folders? Like MUMSMS or whatever....What do you mean exactly?



    i have already done all those stuff what u said .... by folders i meant is that in my folders i have 3 folders ... those folders i am talking abt .... and by copying pasting it to c: but it doesnt work :S

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,127
    Phones
    GNex, Galaxy S, Nokia 5230 and babysitting a MC950D & an iphone4 16gig -- That thing has got to go!
    Nexus One; TyTn; BJII; 6620; T610; M55UnLkd;
    M55UnLkd; 3390; 6190; 7190; 8290UnLkd; T720; Moto V60gUnLkd; R520 The last great Ericsson!
    Carrier
    Wind & Fido-Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by praz
    i have already done all those stuff what u said .... by folders i meant is that in my folders i have 3 folders ... those folders i am talking abt .... and by copying pasting it to c: but it doesnt work :S
    What exactly do you mean that is does no work? Could you be a little more specific? Remember that you have to tell your phone to start looking for the mail folder from the phone memory rather than the MMC card. Have you done that?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    भारत
    Posts
    1,934
    Phones
    Blackberry Torch
    Blackberry Torch
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ago Vino Verita
    What exactly do you mean that is does no work? Could you be a little more specific? Remember that you have to tell your phone to start looking for the mail folder from the phone memory rather than the MMC card. Have you done that?


    what i mean is that

    when i copied and pasted it to c: i yet cannot see my messages

    and yes i have selected phone memory for messages

    but yet i cannot see my messages which i had copied and pasted from memory card

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chd,IN
    Posts
    270
    Phones
    ..:::i398:::...
    SE W550i
    N 3230
    Carriers
    Airtel(Punjab)
    Hutch(Orange)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hillarious posts.............

    **** , Can't remember what i meant.........

    Thanx chriso59

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    DFW TX, USA
    Posts
    7,776
    Phones
    iPhone, Android, S60 and many more.
    iPhone, Android, iPad
    Nokia S60
    Carriers
    T-Mobile (Feb 2001-2012), Verizon LTE 2011-Present, MetroPCS 2013-Present
    SprintPCS (<6 months), PrimeCo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Use Fexplore to delete the mail folder on the phone, while the phone is set to use the MMC to store your messages. Then in the Messaging Option change it to use the phone. You will then be prompted to leave a copy on the MMC. If you say yes it copies if you say no it moves the messages.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    twitter | Facebook

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    भारत
    Posts
    1,934
    Phones
    Blackberry Torch
    Blackberry Torch
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    0
    thanks krazykritter finally someone got what i meant

Bookmarks