Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: The Official 8915 Info Thread (Snapper)

Device(s)
    Vox 8610
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh here is a tip concerning adding wallpapers, take a few pics with the camera, and under the camera segment of the filesystem, overwrite the pics you took (photo_003.jpg) or something, with your 480x640 jpgs. Just name your pics on your PC the same filenames and overwrite in bitpim from there. You can select cam pics as wallpaper so why replace the few you have when you can replace a bunch of lame cam pics. Yay. Halfway there, now to ringtones.. replace, easy, add, no so easy.
    Fluxdragon

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxdragon
    File system is not similar at all. Look at both and you will see
    That's a bit of an overstatement. I've seen both, and there are clear differences, but someone could use 8910 instructions as a guide to accomplishing the same results.

For an example, here's a complete and fully expanded 8910VM fielsystem as seen in BitPim:

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2...eenshot0xg.jpg

I did have to paste different screenshots to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxdragon
    No, I can hex the names of the ones I replace, I just cant figure how to add. I duplicate the changes VM makes when I download one, and make a new directory with the same files etc.. but when I reboot phone it deletes my new folder and changes. It's like, smart or something. heh.
    Hmmmm....

Are you 100% certain the overwrite has taken place? Just to be sure, I'd attempt the process with BitPim and QPST, to be sure it's the actual phone that's reversing the changes.

Device(s)
    Vox 8610
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Yeah

Yeah, it wipes the new folders. I can watch em vanish when i have bitpim reboot the phone. I will try QPST to be certain as you advise. I was wrong about one thing, the 8910 is somewhat similar, but not enough to dupe the instructions for adding tones. I can overwrite existing, but I have not been able to add new ones. I have not seen a post on any forum or website that doesn't complain about the same thing, people all over seem only to be able to overwrite existing. Thanks for you help, I'll keep looking!

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-D900i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (former Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    I have this phone. This isn't about hacking it or anything, but I bet my question can be answered. As far as I know, you can only upload a picture to "My Pix" on the VM website right after you take it. Am I right in assuming this, or is it possible to upload pictures already saved on your phone?

Also, this thread and this site have really inspired me to maybe buy a cable and see what I can do.

Device(s)
    Vox 8610
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Pics

You can upload the pics you take to a friends e-mail address, or e-mail them to yourself at an e-mail address. But it costs 25 cents a pop. With the cable you can dump them free onto your PC, but they don't look really all that great once they are on the larger (pc) screen. The small screen on a cellphone hides the pics flaws. Its not bad for the price tho. If you want a nice High Quality digital cam tho, get the concord at walgreens for 80 bucks. Its like 3.1 megapixel insteal of the less than half a megapixel most cells have.

Still you can with the cable:

Overwrite taken pics with jpgs for free wallpapers, w/o having to wipe over the ones that come with the phone

Dump pics to PC

overwrite default ringtones with MP3 (30 seconds cuts, use Goldwave or something to cut them out, compress and boost volume). (I havent found anyone that can add new tones w/o buying them but you can buy 2 or 3 and overwrite them all with good stuff)

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    You can grab a cable off eBay for $8-$10 shipped. Just search for "8910 cable" (same type)

Also, take a look at this thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=696147

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-D900i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (former Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    What kind of things can I do on the 8915 without a cable? Anything interesting?

Btw, I discovered you CAN pix msg a picture to My Pix, don't need to email it. Menu > 1 > 3 > highlight photo > Options > 2 (My Pix) > Ok > Send.

Device(s)
    Samsung R560 Messager II
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Glad to see mor people with the 8915vm tring to add rings. I just got my cable back from friend so I will try more. I did also find out about over wrighting the pics you take and using them for wallpaper, alot more room. Taken I like the screen shot next time I will take mult. pics and past them together to get the full tree.

Feedback Score

games

OK- the cable FINALLY arrived ( over 2 weeks from end of auction) hooked it up- did bitpim all is fine - Thanks for the help.
    Now I'm wondering if its possible to download and install games from somewhere VS the $6 fee for ea one from Virgin mobile?

Device(s)
    Optimus Slider
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In comparison to the flasher, how is the rf signal? Thank you

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Wap Settings?

anyone know how to access the advanced wap settings so i can change the IP and stuff?

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    The Verizon version is now out:

http://weeklyad.circuitcity.com/circ...toreid=2397056

Buy-One-Get-One-Free for $29.99 @ Circuit City until 12/31/05
    Last edited by TakenAback; 12-28-2005 at 10:33 AM.

Feedback Score
    here's a possible explanation for ringtones: http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=45259

Device(s)
    Boost i885
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

shutter

can anyone get rid of that annoying shutter sound?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast