Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: The Official 8915 Info Thread (Snapper)

Device(s)
    Motorla Rizr Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chaisson72
    can anyone get rid of that annoying shutter sound?
    yea really....that noise is annyoing...

Device(s)
    Boost i885
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    and its so damn loud, im getting the data cable but i want to know how to delete those stupid sounds.

Feedback Score
    that's almost impossible. its required by law that the phones have that sound for privacy reasons.

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by linedrivekid123
    that's almost impossible. its required by law that the phones have that sound for privacy reasons.
    Damn those upskirt freaks.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    anyone have the verizon one yet? Does it infact have a color outside screen? cuz if it does im going for that insted of the 8910 (for a family member)
    My Feedback!
    1000 posts on July 4th 2007 at 3:06am est

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    The outside screen looks blue, like the 8910. (from the photos I've seen)

Device(s)
    Motorla Rizr Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    thats gay
    they need to take it off for the "non-upskirt" people........lol

Feedback Score
    On my 8915VM it was fairly simple to remove the shutter sound. Edit /camera/CameraState.dat and change the value of the 10th byte to 0x03. Then reboot the phone(I don't remember if it's necessary or not but it can't hurt).
    I've attached my CameraState.dat for anyone who wants it. The extension was changed to .txt so I could upload it.

Now that I've contributed my bit anyone having success uploading java applications(games)?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    PN-215
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a quick question. Not sure if it belongs here.

I recently got PN-215 for christmas which I have gathered is the same as the 8915. So does this mean if i were to buy a data cable for 8910/8915 from an ebay auction it will work on my PN-215. I don't mean to sound stupid but I don't want to waste 9 bucks+shipping on something that won't work.

My father owns at handheld computer that uses MCIA (which seems to be the same as these phones use) at his work yet it won't plug into my phone (the MCIA is too small). I don't know if this information is of any use I just thought I'd add it.

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke
    On my 8915VM it was fairly simple to remove the shutter sound. Edit /camera/CameraState.dat and change the value of the 10th byte to 0x03. Then reboot the phone(I don't remember if it's necessary or not but it can't hurt).
    I've attached my CameraState.dat for anyone who wants it. The extension was changed to .txt so I could upload it.

Now that I've contributed my bit anyone having success uploading java applications(games)?
    Excellent. I'd heard of some type of hex hack in regards to the shutter sound on the 8910, but to know it's true on the 8915 is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by saasaa
    I have a quick question. Not sure if it belongs here.

I recently got PN-215 for christmas which I have gathered is the same as the 8915. So does this mean if i were to buy a data cable for 8910/8915 from an ebay auction it will work on my PN-215. I don't mean to sound stupid but I don't want to waste 9 bucks+shipping on something that won't work.

My father owns at handheld computer that uses MCIA (which seems to be the same as these phones use) at his work yet it won't plug into my phone (the MCIA is too small). I don't know if this information is of any use I just thought I'd add it.
    It belongs here.

The cable is the same. You also overestimate its cost though. You can get one off eBay for $8-$10 shipping included.

Device(s)
    PN-215
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TakenAback
    The cable is the same. You also overestimate its cost though. You can get one off eBay for $8-$10 shipping included.
    Thank you I got one off ebay for 7 bucks (with shipping).

Device(s)
    Motorla Rizr Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think im going to invest in a cable....lol...tired of buying ringtones and wallpapers and all that other stuff......

PM me for Gmail Invites

If anyone sees any PN-215 or 8915 Non-OEM Housings, Please PM me with the complete info.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Motorla Rizr Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

is the sound completly off or just lower then it normally would be??

Feedback Score
    It's off, if I meant it lowered the volume I would have said so. The 3 menu options for a shutter sound correspond to that byte having a value of 0x04, 0x05, or 0x06 so I tried setting it to 0x03 and it worked. It's quite possible that 0x03 has no special meaning and invalid setting for this byte will have the same results but I picked 0x03 and it worked so I thought I should share. I did not bother testing further as I was much more interested in getting java apps to work and I am pleased to say that right now my phone is running a free breakout clone . I'll probably post more details tomorrow after I write a little app to help format the files so the phone will run them.

Device(s)
    ZMAX, Concord II
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saasaa
    Thank you I got one off ebay for 7 bucks (with shipping).
    Nice! (I'll revise my estimation now)

It's off, if I meant it lowered the volume I would have said so. The 3 menu options for a shutter sound correspond to that byte having a value of 0x04, 0x05, or 0x06 so I tried setting it to 0x03 and it worked. It's quite possible that 0x03 has no special meaning and invalid setting for this byte will have the same results but I picked 0x03 and it worked so I thought I should share. I did not bother testing further as I was much more interested in getting java apps to work and I am pleased to say that right now my phone is running a free breakout clone . I'll probably post more details tomorrow after I write a little app to help format the files so the phone will run them.
    I wish there were more people like you. *sniff*

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast