Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: The Official 8915 Info Thread (Snapper)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for the info! I had been clicking on Phone instead of File System. The procedure worked and the camera is silent. Thanks again!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
    I charge forward recklessly, leaving chaos in my wake.
    Boycott phones that lack microSD storage and removable batteries! Do not allow the user experience to be diminished!
    @moonwolf789

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro "Rahael", HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Before Merger), AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You're welcome, glad to be of service.
    Good luck. ;-)

Feedback Score

What am i missing?

Well, i have the CDM8915 phone, and i have the data cable, and i have Bitpim 1.0.5. i can't get it to work. i've tried most of the stuff mentioned on this thread. older versions of bitpim won't work on my computer, and the newest version of bitpim just won't recongize my phone. all i'm looking to do is remove some of the sounds from it, like when you turn on or off the phone, and the camera noise. any thoughts?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro "Rahael", HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Before Merger), AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerismthegreat
    Well, i have the CDM8915 phone, and i have the data cable, and i have Bitpim 1.0.5. i can't get it to work. i've tried most of the stuff mentioned on this thread. older versions of bitpim won't work on my computer, and the newest version of bitpim just won't recongize my phone. all i'm looking to do is remove some of the sounds from it, like when you turn on or off the phone, and the camera noise. any thoughts?
    Have you downloaded and installed the drivers for the phone? Choose filesystem view rather than trying to detect the phone, set up the port manually.
    Good luck. ;-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH3TT0 PH0N3
    Now when it comes to looking at the phonebook numbers, you can either get your hex editor to display in text to grab the info (if your hex editor is capable of doing so), or use Curitel's PC Sync (if i remember correctly) and it will display names, numbers, etc. properly via the phonebook.
    Hi. I would like to know how can I access the phonebook on the 8915. I used Pc Sync for my other phone (8910) and worked perfectly. However, the 8915 can't seem to connect. I do go pass the Com3 password and it says it connected fine. Then i try to get data from the phone and it keeps trying forever (I left the computer doing this and came bach 30 mins later and still the same screen with no info yet). All I need is the phonebook, not pics or audio. The lcd is broken and I need to retrieve some phones.

Thanks for the help.

Device(s)
    Motorola A955 "Droid 2"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinchi2
    Hi. I would like to know how can I access the phonebook on the 8915. I used Pc Sync for my other phone (8910) and worked perfectly. However, the 8915 can't seem to connect. I do go pass the Com3 password and it says it connected fine. Then i try to get data from the phone and it keeps trying forever (I left the computer doing this and came bach 30 mins later and still the same screen with no info yet). All I need is the phonebook, not pics or audio. The lcd is broken and I need to retrieve some phones.

Thanks for the help.
    Hello pinchi2, sorry I didn't give you a response sooner. Which Cellular Provider do you have for the 8915? If it's Virgin Mobile, it sounds like from what everyone is saying is that the phone is practically unlocked and free from limitations; However if you're using the Verizon 8915, then i'm afraid i'm about as stumped as you are. Even with bitpim, (and from the sound of it, Curitel's PC Sync) you can barely grab any file off that phone, period. even if you were able to grab the phonebook directory (nvm/pb? not positive, sorry) and then opened the files to look at them in a hex editor, (or just simply, Notepad) the names/numbers would most likely be seperated and unorganized, you wouldn't be able to tell whose number went with the person's name, not only because the phone seperates the names from the numbers in seperate files, but really jumbles them around and completely moves them out of order. I really hate to say it, but since your screen is broken, you will probably have to resort to taking it to your local Cellular Provider (judging that your phone isn't with Virgin mobile, but with a different provider,) and ask them to back up the phone numbers and other information for you to a new/replacement phone. Sorry about that, wish I could be more help, but sadly 8915's with other providers are extremely limited in functionality. Good luck.
    "Am I the only person who uses a Brick Phone anymore?"

Feedback Score

Screen died today on my son's 8915

He claims that nothing unusual happened. All we know is that the main screen is dead. The keypad works fine, the sound works fine, and the little screen that shows the time works fine. Just the main screen is dead. Is this the end of the phone or is there a way to fix this?

Brian

Device(s)
    Moto RAZR V3xx (IZAR)
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlux63
    He claims that nothing unusual happened. All we know is that the main screen is dead. The keypad works fine, the sound works fine, and the little screen that shows the time works fine. Just the main screen is dead. Is this the end of the phone or is there a way to fix this?

Brian
    My boyfriend has a tendency to put things in his pockets and then sit on them.... I have seen some flip type phones that get used alot wear through the connecting ribbon in the hinge section, but if the small screen is still working I'm stumped. Sometimes mine freezes up and I have to pull the battery to jump start it, but usually that is an "all stop" situation without sound or keypad. Is it lit but black/no picture or really dead with no power at all? (lit = maybe software/programming glitch, all dark = probably hardware related) How long has it been in service? Any customizations via data cable?

You might try getting a used one off ebay (I found 2 for less than $15 w/ free shipping) and then switching out the lcd for one that works, but then if you actually get one that works you can activate it yourself and keep the same phone # on the virgin mobile website for free - it would only be worth switching the lcd for whatever data might be on the current handset that you can't live without or duplicate. If you are quite desperate I think I've got at least one extra (bricked one or two, but the displays still work) though I don't know how much patience you have for fiddling with stuff...
    and again, I'm not sure it would fix the problem. Anybody else in the family have the same phone? you could try their lcd as test run and then if it works at least you know what to look for.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15