Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motorola V710: Unable to charge

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score

Motorola V710: Unable to charge

What is my phone trying to tell me by saying "Unable to charge" besides the obvious answer that my phones not charging properly what is causing this? I am using an OEM battery, OEM Charger and OEM firmware.

Problem comes and goes, Im trying to diagnose what the problem is, could it be a battery issue? A Charger issue (doubt it since i tried 2 different oem chargers) or is the phone screwed up again.

my last v710 went crazy after a bad software upgrade at telus and it took them a MONTH to repalce my phone. Anyone know what could be causing this? Should I take this phone back to telus [again]

this is the last time i ever buy a motorola product again, **** stupid bugs.
    Last edited by GangStarr; 08-19-2005 at 03:51 PM.

Phone
    HTC DZ
    Carrier
    Belly laugh
    Feedback Score
    clean the contacts where the charger plugs into the phone
    a q tip with a bit of alcahol or just a piece of cloth should do it

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphora
    clean the contacts where the charger plugs into the phone
    a q tip with a bit of alcahol or just a piece of cloth should do it
    will try but I doubt its a contact issue

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    tried cleaning it, no luck. The phone recognizes that the chargers in there, makes that little chime and says UNABLE TO CHARGE on the screen

Phone
    HTC DZ
    Carrier
    Belly laugh
    Feedback Score
    hmm the only times I have had the problems you describe have been when there was kack on the contacts, or when one of the three charger prongs were slightly bent to prevent correct contact. I suggest you explore those options and maybe clean your battery contacts / phone contacts too. The same charger has been used since the v60. I occasionally got that message with the V60 too (again same causes).

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    doing it on two different oem chargers, in two different outlets. No kacks as far as the eye can see and the phones clean...

looks like I got another defective phone

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    okay so I try turning off my phone and taking out my batter (battery meter said I had 0) then when I put it back together the screen instead of saying HELLOMOTO had a whole bunch of different colored dots, booted right into the screen (faster then usual) and now the battery is full and is charging

but I know within the next few hours its going to give me that same **** error, man I HATE MOTOROLA!

Phone
    HTC DZ
    Carrier
    Belly laugh
    Feedback Score
    are you still running the old software?
    The new version is TELUS_1X_1.0F.2P

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphora
    are you still running the old software?
    The new version is TELUS_1X_1.0F.2P
    yeah, last time when I tried to the update at telus my phone was completly messed up, so they replaced it with a new one with the new software

the phones charging now, but if I take it off and try it in an hour still will say unable to charge.

think the phone telus gave me wasnt quite new

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    now my phones just flashing on and off as it powers on, and it wont power on

dammit looks like another return to vendor

Phone
    HTC DZ
    Carrier
    Belly laugh
    Feedback Score
    sounds like your phone is shagged

Phone
    HTC Touch 3050
    Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    On Mike phones this is typically a problem with the contacts on the phone. Not hard to imagine that one could say the same for a v710.

If cleaning the contacts on the charging port didn't help, it's fair to say it probably needs to go in for service.

vab
    Delivering nothing to no one... everywhere! :: http://bored.overnow.com/

Phone
    Telus LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    did an esp swap today, going in for service tommorow. Looks like its going to be my second defective v710, both telus and motorola are getting an angry letter

Feedback Score
    I just went through this ( unable to charge ).
    Solution here was.

1. Clean contacts on bottom of phone with an electrical contact spray cleaner designed for electrical contact surfaces. ( usually a toxic spray

2. Clean contacts on bottom of phone with a stiff electical contact brissle pen.
    ( These are usually a fiberglass brush. Be carfull with the fibres that break of of pen as the are very small and can stick into skin or eyes . ouch )

3. Apply a di-electric grease to contacts. Leave a good amount on contacts.

4. Now connect the charger and hope it works.

I am a commercial fisher and my contacts on phone were green. After these 4 steps my phone is charging again.

PS
    To motorola.

Please coat these contacts with a polymer that will seal the cheap porous metal you are using these days for contact materials.

Seems these contacts are easier to corrode on the newer phones.

Cheers

Sig

Feedback Score
    dude im tellin u 100% that everything u said in your post has happened to me. the unable to charge, the software update, the replacement of the phone. i lost all my contacts TWICE once because of a software update and once because the phone juss shut down and never turned on again. IM TELLING YOU I WILL NEVER EVER GET A MOTOROLA AGAIN!! So my advice to you is if you dont want trouble JUST BUY A NEW PHONE! there is no way to resolve the V710 from its horrible nightmare of problems. I bought a new phone and i destroyed my V710 by hittin it with a hammer until it was in a million peices. I havent felt better since.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast