Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No SSN option??

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    Sprint since April 2011
    Feedback Score

Question No SSN option??

I have done a search on this.. I have found a few things on it.. When you go to sign up with Sprint.. they will want to run a credit check.. I hear there is the option to not give them your SSN??? Now i ask how much is this going to cost.... I have heard 125$ and some 250$ for deposit... Will it be better just to let them run my bad credit? LOL

Phones
    CURRENT: BlackBerry Tour & HTC Touch Pro
    2000- 2003: Motorola TalkAbout 8167, SAMSUNG SCH-8500, SAMSUNG SPH-A400, SAMSUNG SPH-A500
    2003-2005: SAMSUNG SPH-A620, SANYO PM-8200, SANYO VM-4500 {BLUE}, SANYO MM-5600
    Carrier
    Only SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Try it without a SS and see what happens. You can always apply again with your SS, and possiblY get a $125-250 deposit.

JE

Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you go to sprintpcs.com, setup an order for service, pick a phone, then when you get to checkout, enter 123-45-6789 as your SSN. It will ask you for a $125 deposit... lol.
    If you commonly type the name iPhone as "Iphone" or "I-Phone"... or if you commonly refer to an iPod Touch as an "iTouch" or "I-Touch"...... Then you deserve whole bottle of habanero hot sauce poured into your eyes!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    Sprint since April 2011
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by EliteABombAZ
    If you go to sprintpcs.com, setup an order for service, pick a phone, then when you get to checkout, enter 123-45-6789 as your SSN. It will ask you for a $125 deposit... lol.
    ROFL, i will be able to activate it with no problem??? lol somehow i do not see that as legal?

Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcat168
    ROFL, i will be able to activate it with no problem??? lol somehow i do not see that as legal?
    Well.. if millions of illegals get jobs in the USA using fake SSNs, I don't see the problem with you using one to get a cell phone.

But seriously though, Sprint is pretty easy on credit when compared to other carriers. Just do a "mock order" on sprintpcs.com and when you get to the part where it asks for your SSN, go ahead and process it, it takes a few seconds, then it will instantly tell you about any required deposits or spending limits... from there you can just close your browser window or complete the order.

I had a credit score in the 590-625 range and I got approved for 1 line with no deposit and $125 spending limit or 2 lines with $125 deposit for the 2nd line and $250 spending limit for the whole account. I'd hurry, because when Day1 of the S-N merger hits, Sprint may up their credit requirements. Nextel is pretty harsh when it comes to credit requirements.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    Sprint since April 2011
    Feedback Score

Talking

just for fun i tried doing the fake SSN and it says i do not owe a deposit! lol i put in 123-45-6789 lol

Phone
    IPHONE 4s
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    There isn't anything illegal about giving a false SSN unless you are giving it to the Federal Government. You are not required by law to give that number out to anyone for any reason unless its to the government..

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    Sprint since April 2011
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by painpour
    There isn't anything illegal about giving a false SSN unless you are giving it to the Federal Government. You are not required by law to give that number out to anyone for any reason unless its to the government..
    So what happens when i do give a false one? the account will still be mine? Do i have to call them to activate the service? and if i do will they find out? Or does the phone come already activated?

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    if you dont have or dont want to use a ssn, your ssn would be entered as 000-00-0000 and you need to provide 2 pieces of id. state id, passport, federal id, utility bill, matricula consular, etc.....

it is possible to signup without a ssn and not have a deposit.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    Sprint since April 2011
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by klredondo
    if you dont have or dont want to use a ssn, your ssn would be entered as 000-00-0000 and you need to provide 2 pieces of id. state id, passport, federal id, utility bill, matricula consular, etc.....

it is possible to signup without a ssn and not have a deposit.
    it is possible? tell me how?

Phones
    Cingular: Nokia 6682. My nokia 6230 died :-( I would like to find a replacement for a fair price.
    Sprint: PPC 6700 & Sanyo 9000 Retired
    NexTel: i580/i870
    Carriers
    Cingular Orange. No more AT&T
    Nextel. Rude | (not done)
    Feedback Score
    I have done a search on this.. I have found a few things on it.. When you go to sign up with Sprint.. they will want to run a credit check.. I hear there is the option to not give them your SSN??? Now i ask how much is this going to cost.... I have heard 125$ and some 250$ for deposit... Will it be better just to let them run my bad credit? LOL
    I for some reason have slipped the system 3 times.

The first time, I didn't need a social OR Deposit (otherwise it would have been $125 or $150)
    The second line was added and I paid a $150 deposit. Then I changed my Company discount. My $150 deposit has been refunded by check.
    I added two more lines. paid $300 deposit. Because of how my account had weirdly split. I ended up paying $600 in deposit. The rep then credited back $300 of it towards my bill. Then her computer crashed. So I ended up with another $300 creditted back. Sprint saw the notes about the computer crash, and gave me another $300 credit on my account.
    What's even worse. I contacted Sprint Customer care about something they told me my $300 deposit would be comming back to me via check :-)
    I did the math. My cell phone bill is paid for the next year...atleast.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    it is possible? tell me how?
    let me clarify what i said....what i meant to say is that just b/c you dont supply a ssn does not mean you have to pay a deposit.

my guess is that the information you provide will probably match up with other info on a credit report ie...similar name, similar address, similar phone number, etc....

Phones
    HTC Dream - Unlocked/Rooted
    Sony Ericson onboard 3G data card - Unlocked
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Note: Sprint can decide not to activate you without SSN (it's their right). If your inellible for SSN, bring the certifiate that states this to a store and problem solved.

The other option is to register for a federal tax id which can be used in place of an SSN.
    If you really expect an interesting signature, look elsewhere ...
    - AT&T *really* amazed me, but their spotty 3G network lost me.

Carriers
    Boost Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Sprint will approve service without an SSN. Generally though it does invoke a $125 deposit, as seen by keying in 12456789 as a SSM online...
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    News - Phone Encyclopedia - Reviews - Nerds

ChristopherPrice.net | iConsole

Phones
    Cingular: Nokia 6682. My nokia 6230 died :-( I would like to find a replacement for a fair price.
    Sprint: PPC 6700 & Sanyo 9000 Retired
    NexTel: i580/i870
    Carriers
    Cingular Orange. No more AT&T
    Nextel. Rude | (not done)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat
    Sprint will approve service without an SSN. Generally though it does invoke a $125 deposit, as seen by keying in 12456789 as a SSM online...
    I just tried and they wanted $150 from me. How messed up is that. But then again the no SSN option is awsome. I can create identies.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast