Thread: Short/Standard Prompt (New VM System)?

Phones
    LG EnV Touch
    Motorola i580
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Short/Standard Prompt (New VM System)?

I setup my new VM last night and there is an option for "short prompt" or "standard prompt". Does anyone know what this stands for? I did a search but found nothing on it.

Also, What is pager notification? If I understand it correctly, it can send a page to a pager for notification of a new VM?

Thanks
    Last edited by shobuddy; 08-26-2005 at 08:43 AM.

Phones
    LG EnV Touch
    Motorola i580
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone?????

Phones
    LG EnV Touch
    Motorola i580
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    One last bump

Phones
    T-Mobile Dash
    Blackberry Pearl (8100)
    Blackberry 7520
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Mobile Perfections
    Feedback Score
    I *THINK* short prompt says "to play, press 3...delete, press 7..." whereas the standard prompt says "to play your messages, press 3. To delete this message, press 7." I'm not 100% sure on that, so don't quote me.

The pager notification I'm 95% certain gives callers the option to leave a numeric page to the number of your choosing - by default it's your cellphone number. Again, I could be wrong.

Phones
    LG EnV Touch
    Motorola i580
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I switched to short prompt but didnt' notice any difference off the bat. In any case, i'll stick to short prompt.

Phones
    N95-3
    Blackberry 8300
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia6681/2.0 (3.10.6) SymbianOS/8.0 Series60/2.6 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Pager prompt is just a prompt that says 'to leave a numeric page press x'.. Basically they can send a call back number to your phone rather then leave a message.

-olly

Feedback Score
    shobuddy, revelated pointed out EXACTLY what the difference between short and standard prompts is. Sure, the difference is minor, and easily missed when it hasn't been pointed out to you already - but in light of revelated's answer, you should have refrained from your last post if you didn't have the patience to check it out.

Phones
    N95-3
    Blackberry 8300
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mallika
    shobuddy, revelated pointed out EXACTLY what the difference between short and standard prompts is. Sure, the difference is minor, and easily missed when it hasn't been pointed out to you already - but in light of revelated's answer, you should have refrained from your last post if you didn't have the patience to check it out.
    Any particular reason you dug an 8 month old thread up?

Especially when all you were doing was criticizing someone, rather than adding anything useful to the thread.

-olly

Phones
    BB Curve, T-Mobile Dash
    Nokia 3220 [retired]
    Samsung e105 [retired], Motorola t722i [given away]
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Been a lot of old thread bumping around here lately. Think it's about time this forum script gets updated with that "You are replying to an old message" alert.