Thread: D500 + Legacy AT&T mMode/WAP/MMS = Solution

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-D600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

the samsung d600 mystery

Hello!
    It seems like this iste have help a lot of frustrated users to figure out their puzzle problems. I have been trying to solve mine but without any luck at all. I recently got a Samsung D 600, which I can see some of you own and I have tried every setting I could find and none of them works. I was sent to a cingular support page where they sent you a OTA with the configurations but this phone is not on their list and none of the samsung settings on their list was a succesfull match for mine. Since you have this beautiful piece of the modern invention you should have it working perfectly. PLeassseeeee! Help me Im a desperate mother that will love to be able to send pics of my baby to my friends and family.

I have Cingular "the original"

Feedback Score

thanks

Thanks everyone great!

Device(s)
    galaxy s vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, I just received my D600 this morning and 808's WAP settings work great. Loaded up the mmode website immediately.

Not sure about the MMS as i'm waiting on my gf to wake up to send me a picture message to check. Will update you guys

Device(s)
    galaxy s vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    update. 808's settings worked perfect on my d600 for MMS and GPRS. I am a cingular blue customer.

thanks again hofo!

Device(s)
    D820
    Feedback Score
    I am another Cingular customer with an ATT sim. Mango808 settings are great and now I can access mMode on my D820. However I can't get Google Maps to work. Is there anybody who has figured out the settings for this application?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Legacy ATT wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow this thread has given me hope, I have had my Cingular 8125 for 2 months now and it is just a glorified Phone, as I have had no luck getting mmode connectivity working.

Although I am having some trouble with the settings listed here.

does anyone have the info for a unlocked 8125 on the ATT network? (looking in your direction Mango as you seem to be a savior)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTony
    Wow this thread has given me hope, I have had my Cingular 8125 for 2 months now and it is just a glorified Phone, as I have had no luck getting mmode connectivity working.

Although I am having some trouble with the settings listed here.

does anyone have the info for a unlocked 8125 on the ATT network? (looking in your direction Mango as you seem to be a savior)
    I checked the Device Support pages from Cingular regarding mMode for an unlocked 8125 and this is the link to it. From the loks of it, it is an edited version of how to setup MEdia Net, but tailored to the AT&T mMode connection settings.

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board....id=9006#M9006
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Legacy ATT wireless
    Feedback Score
    WOW>>>> Progress.....

I was just able to pull my gmail for the first time. so i am connected.

after hours of playing with it now after that shinign moment. I have two other questions. I am trying to set up my mmode email, althoguh i never had a user name and password before and this phone wants it. with my old 3000 series nokia email was automatic.

2nd question is, how do I get to mmdoe, explorer and http://home gets me no where.

Feedback Score

i could use some help

i am a newB and i have the same problem. i cant get online with my D600 at all. i am a At&T user. i tried following everything i read on this post but i just have a hard time understanding on how to do it. if anyone can give me a step by step directions on how to fix my opitions. thank you in advance

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808
    These are the settings that I had used in my E715 and they worked when I tried them a few years ago. I won't test them again as I incurred un-necessary data usage just for testing it out for someone. There use to be a thread here in the FAQ Section that I had this posted in, but for some reason it's no longer here.

ATT mMode Settings to use in a T-Mobile E715/E105
    WAP/GPRS Settings

Enter *#87927#
    Select Profile4 Info (Option #4)
    2: Set Homepage URL to http://home
    3: Set Security to Non-Secure
    4: Set Bearer to GPRS
    5: Set IP Address to 010.250.250.250
    6/7: Make sure username and password are blank
    8: Set APN to 'proxy' without the ' marks

Step 3: MMS Settings

Enter *#87667#
    1: Set Profile Name to mMode
    2: Set Connection URL to http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net/
    3: Set Security to Non-Secure
    4: Set IP Address to 010.250.250.100
    5/6: Make sure username and password are blank
    7: Set APN to Proxy (note capital P)

If you plan on only using it with your AT&T SIM, then you can just edit the first and third Pofile for T-Mobile and clear out the other second settings as they may be the problem. Someone mentioned that the phone jumps to the third setting or may have been the first setting whenever you turn the phone back on. I haven't seen it do this though.
    I have entered these settings on my T809 using my AT&T SIM and am still having trouble with MMS. It says "cannot connect to server" Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    I can confirm the settings in post #2 work on the D900

Device(s)
    Samsung D807
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Blue)
    Feedback Score
    i have successfully recieved MMS with this settings on my D807

Profile Name:
    <any name you want to add, just be different profile from your WAP>

Home URL:
    http://mmsc.mymode.com

checked Proxy

IP Address:

Port:

un-checked DNS

Bearer:
    GPRS

Advanced Settings:
    APN:
    proxy

Login ID: and Password:
    <leave blank>

Device(s)
    Samsung D807
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Blue)
    Feedback Score
    and success WAP internet access settings as follow on my D807

Profile Name:
    <any name you want to add, just be different profile from your MMS>

Home URL:
    http://home

checked Proxy

IP Address:

Port:

un-checked DNS

Bearer:
    GPRS

Advanced Settings:
    APN:
    proxy

Login ID: and Password:
    <leave blank>

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nbx2
    update. 808's settings worked perfect on my d600 for MMS and GPRS. I am a cingular blue customer.

thanks again hofo!
    what are your exact settings for your D600 mine will not connect to anything but email from mmode cant browse or send MMS it would a big help. this just started recently and is driving me nuts

Feedback Score

How Do I input these options into T809?

Hey guys,

I've been lookin in the sticky of getting internet access to your samsung to use atnt wireless mmode - i saw all the information you are suppose to input - such:

AT&TWS WAP 2.0 Settings:

Proxies: Enable
    Primary proxy address: 010.250.250.054
    Primary proxy port: 8080
    Secondary proxy: <keep it as is>
    Data Bearer: GPRS
    Bearer Settings
    GPRS Access Point: Proxy
    Authentication type: Normal
    Login type: Automatic

My question was, where do i find on my phone to input the proxy address and ports and all those information? Sorry! I've searched everywhere and couldn't find it! Thanks for your guys' help!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast