Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Consumer Cellular

Carrier
    StraightTalk™
    Feedback Score

Consumer Cellular

http://www.consumercellular.com/

Saw this in an ad from my Insurance agency today.

Activation fee of $35. BUT..since it says nothing about how long minutes last..I have to assume that minutes must reset every month. But if you need more than prepaid..but don't want a contract...this seems like a great deal for that condition...

6010 out the door for $35 makes it the cheapest new 6010 you can find AND includes some minutes. 6010 is one of the easiest to u....k I've ever seen.

A V3 for $250 aint bad either .. with a few minutes. Although myworldphone as RZR's for $269 unlocked.

And $60 for 1600 minutes? Even if it is every month...that sort of equals the killer deal I have with T-Mobile for $39.99 for 1K A/T and UNL N/W.

Runs on Cingulars network.

Comments from all you PrePaid masters?
    Only you can prevent obnoxious .sig abuse

Phones
    LG Nexus 5, Nexus 4
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    HTC Nexus One
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I put in my zip code of 11357 and got different phone costs. 6010 is free, v551 is $125, and v3 is only $215
    sounds a hella of a good deal to me except no N&W included. I might just give this a try!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    He's adding on the $35 activation fee, that's why his posted prices are exactly $35 more than what you are seeing.

Consumer Cellular seems to be pretty good but they were even better when they used AT&T. Almost all their plans included N+W and M2M for free as well as the usual packages that AT&T offered like text messaging and possibly the Canada roaming. They only ever offered TDMA, however.

Might be easier to just bring your own phone and go contract-free at Cingular so you can at least have the N+W. M2M wouldn't be included because that is a promotional feature and requires a contract.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Huawei E1831 (webConnect Rocket)
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO Premium
    AT&T DataConnect Pass
    Feedback Score
    PaisanNYC, I think the OP was including the $35 activation fee in the cost of the phone (you aren't). But yeah, Consumer Cellular is a nice hybrid plan, much like Affinity4 Wireless, except on Cingular instead of Sprint.
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!

Phones
    LG Nexus 5, Nexus 4
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    HTC Nexus One
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    oops my goof! LOL sorry

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I typed my zip and the V3 is $215.00. Do they have family plan or free M2M like Cingular?

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Huawei E1831 (webConnect Rocket)
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO Premium
    AT&T DataConnect Pass
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure it's just anytime minutes. Nothing free. That's why the price per minute is so good; no n\w, no m2m.

Carrier
    StraightTalk™
    Feedback Score
    Yes it is. They say you can "share minutes" but I haven't been able to find anything about how it's done. Will have to call them later this week for an explanation.

This company, and their plans, actually work for me on a number of levels. I'm interested in learning more as I can port out with them but can't port to T-Mobile for my main number

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    So the minutes are only good for a month? If i want the most minutes package, I'd paying $60 a month? But then, I could start with the lower package and add more if I need to. If their coverage is the same as Cingular's, it worths the thought.

Carrier
    StraightTalk™
    Feedback Score
    Just called them to got more info as I prepare to leave Sprint.

1. They use Cingular AND Verizon's networks.

2. You can activate a VZW phone with them.

3. VZW-network based plans are:

$89.99 - 1500 AT, 3000 N/W
    $119.95 - 2400 AT, 3000 N/W

4. Their site says you can use your existing phone (https://secure.consumercellular.com/...tor.aspx)..but one person said you had to buy their GSM phones..another was completely clueless about the technology.

5. If you are a AAA member..you get free calls to AAA. woot.

6. The listed 1600 AT for $60 is their top GSM plan.

Will have to call again and speak to someone more knowledgeable. I do know you can't complete ordering until you select a phone..which would suck I just got my V330 unlocked so having to buy one of their phones will suck.

More later.

Carrier
    StraightTalk™
    Feedback Score
    CC Sales sent this via email today. They really want you to buy their phones. They don't know a V330 is the same phone as their V551.

"If you have had that phone more than a few months we are unable to activate it because the SIM cards we use have the most up to date technology and do not work in older GSM phones. We are still able to activate the older TDMA phones that were on the AT&T service through the end of the year."

Carrier
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Be very careful with Consumer Cellular. Their customer service agents have greatly varying experience and accuracy. One agent I spoke with was perfect, the second was totally clueless to the point that I immediately cancelled the account I just activated.
    Bill Radio
    Mountain Wireless Network Reports & Ratings,
    Coverage Maps,
    Wireless Roaming

Carrier
    StraightTalk™
    Feedback Score
    Bill,

I heard that! It was evident from the two calls I made that I wasn't speaking to anyone of even SPCS CS calibre!!

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    so this has to contract what-so-ever, right? so i could just order...and pay like the first month, then cancel and take the phone? . has anyone baught a phone from them? are they unlocked already?
    My Feedback!
    1000 posts on July 4th 2007 at 3:06am est

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopeke
    so this has to contract what-so-ever, right? so i could just order...and pay like the first month, then cancel and take the phone? . has anyone baught a phone from them? are they unlocked already?
    After activation, the RAZR winds up being the same price as myworldphone, plus it isn't unlocked (not even including the plan price for the month). Personally, I don't think it would be worth it to do that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast