Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thank you David! (MMB)

Feedback Score

Thank you David! (MMB)

It looks like those of us who ordered Wizards through the MadMonkeyBoy will be receiving them in the next day or two depending on customs clearence....FINALLY!!

A month ago when BeyondTheTech posted his "Available next week" thread many of us jumped on the bandwagon and bought from David. Paying immediately. When rumors started that delivery would be delayed, David did NOT wait for confirmation, he immediately posted telling everyone who had paid in advance could have a refund if they wish. All the while he a had paid upfront. Very few if any places would offer a refund at all. None so quickly I doubt.

David kept in touch with all of us, and spent a lot of time, money and energy trying to track a delivery date that he could pass on to us. A very difficult chore. When he got answers that we didn't want to here he told us anyway so as not to mislead anyone. When he got answers, he always qualified them by saying something to the affect ...."take it for what it's worth"....Again so as not to mislead anyone.

In an attempt to get devices to us as fast as possible...first in North America, he again spent time money and effort checking out different suppliers and changing suppliers to be sure he succeeded in his goal of making sure we would receive our Wizards as fast as possible. He could easily sat on the orders he had, waited for delivery, and say that it was out of his hands.

David, everything here at Hofo concerning the Wizard delivery keyed around your actions, and reactions Any kind of slip on your part or even a hint of anything shady it would have been a HUGE mess. Your honesty and integrity in this has been incredible.

It's also incredible that large corporations spend millions to portray good customer service, but simpy can NOT deliver, yet our friend David Weiniger, a one man operation puts every single one of those large corporations to shame.

WELL DONE David.....THANK YOU!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Evans; 10-03-2005 at 08:30 AM.

Phones
    MOTO Droid
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    Yes thank you David. He is not only been great with this ordeal, but my overall experience with him has been fantastic.

Phone
    Qtek 9000
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, Dave is "Da Man" The way he conducts business speaks volumes about him, and he will continue to get my business. (although, I don't see anything removing the JasJar from my hands in a very long time ) One of these days I was going to do a MMB appreciation thread, don't see why this can't be it.

Phones
    Qtek 9100
    Motorola Razr V3
    Ericsson R380 World
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I watched all this go down and I am very impressed with MMB. I havn't put in an order yet because I was waiting to see what kind of deal I could get out of expansys for the k-jam or 9100 because of all the crap they put me through with the p50 orders. I don't think its going to end up being a better deal anyway because I'm in illinois and I have to pay state tax on purchases from them. Odds are that you'll be getting an order from me soon MMB. I can honestly never imagine a situation in which I would ever make a purchase from expansys again, they have the worst customer relations and are the shadiest company I have ever dealt with.

Phones
    HTC HD2
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪ @Home
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Evans
    It looks like those of us who ordered Wizards through the MadMonkeyBoy will be receiving them in the next day or two depending on customs clearence....FINALLY!!

A month ago when BeyondTheTech posted his "Available next week" thread many of us jumped on the bandwagon and bought from David. Paying immediately. When rumors started that delivery would be delayed, David did NOT wait for confirmation, he immediately posted telling everyone who had paid in advance could have a refund if they wish. All the while he a had paid upfront. Very few if any places would offer a refund at all. None so quickly I doubt.

David kept in touch with all of us, and spent a lot of time, money and energy trying to track a delivery date that he could pass on to us. A very difficult chore. When he got answers that we didn't want to here he told us anyway so as not to mislead anyone. When he got answers, he always qualified them by saying something to the affect ...."take it for what it's worth"....Again so as not to mislead anyone.

In an attempt to get devices to us as fast as possible...first in North America, he again spent time money and effort checking out different suppliers and changing suppliers to be sure he succeeded in his goal of making sure we would receive our Wizards as fast as possible. He could easily sat on the orders he had, waited for delivery, and say that it was out of his hands.

David, everything here at Hofo concerning the Wizard delivery keyed around your actions, and reactions Any kind of slip on your part or even a hint of anything shady it would have been a HUGE mess. Your honesty and integrity in this has been incredible.

It's also incredible that large corporations spend millions to portray good customer service, but simpy can NOT deliver, yet our friend David Weiniger, a one man operation puts every single one of those large corporations to shame.

WELL DONE David.....THANK YOU!

Dave
    agree 100% and couldn't say it any better....

thanks mmb for all of your support.

-newest lifetime client

Phones
    HTC Trinity (WM6)
    RAZR V3i
    Imate K-Jam (Old)
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Well I have to admit -- MMB posesses SuperHuman Monkey Boy Powers!
    - With the ability to respond personally to customers questions in minutes (lets face it -- you have ALOT of orders -- and u deal with all of them)
    - Keep everyone updated on the forum
    - Maintain a website
    - Maintain a family!

Dave -- you are our HERO!

On a sad note -- I had a nightmare last night of the K-Jams going through customs and the Samsonite Gorilla was "Checking" the package! Ooooh Heaven forbid!
    "If My Friends Stayed home....I would Go Out more Often!"

Phones
    Main Phones: HTC Touch Diamond, Nokia E71
    MPX220, SMT5600, Nokia 9300, Nokia 3200, 6620, 6230a, SE T637, T616, Black Razr V3, Krzr
    Blackberry 7130e Blackberry 8700R Blackberry 7290, Sony Ericsson P910A
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've always been impressed on how David responds to the situation. While I was leery at first in dealing with him, my fears evaporated right away when I placed the order. He's unbelievably fast in responding to queries. He takes the time to make sure that I was updated. While I'm sure that he's got a million things to do, he makes me feel that I was the ONLY customer that he deals with!

I now understand why HoFos always speak highly of him. Good stuff!

Phones
    16GB iPhone 4
    16GB iPhone 4 4.3.3
    8GB iPhone 3.1.3 (JB)
    Carriers
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I would like to reiterate David's statement regarding David... Weiniger, that is, by saying THANK YOU from behalf of all of us who have been leery of other resellers and companies who take our needs and money for granted, and were lucky enough to have found you to be a refreshing, much appreciated entity in the Pocket PC, Smartphone, and expanding community. Again, I am not an affiliate or on David's payroll or anything - I'm just an extremely happy return customer of his, like many of you, and as you can tell, I voice my opinion on things and people, good or bad.

I would also like to again apologize, if it be appropriate, for the initial "Qtek 9100 aka Wizard available next week?" thread that caused quite a frenzy just over a month ago. As I stated time and again in various posts, I do spend much time online, perhaps more than I should (and going to have a mobile device with EDGE isn't going to help the cause either!), and whenever I find something of value, I normally 1. like to beat anyone to the punch by posting it first, and 2. spread the news so that no one is left behind.

The thread's first post referred to an msmobiles.com news article which referred to a newsletter that many of us got, sooner or later, from a company called Sm@rtD@v@c@sD@r@ct (name withheld to protect the severely-questionably-innocent), which we found out to be a simple reseller that got its devices from Expansys. In retrospect, the newsletter could allegedly be construed as a seed for stealing pre-orders and sales from other vendors, and considering the wording and tone of the newsletters and the companies website, it was implying that the devices were definitely in stock, when it fact, they weren't.

I felt it was therefore MY responsibility to contact the questionable company directly regarding these matters, which I did on September 16. I personally received no response to that e-mail. However, that is when a representative from that company registered him/herself online and posted a response in my thread, likely as 'damage control' to the angered and/or bewildered community.

While I hope this matter is finally behind us, now that the K-JAMs are shipping and the Qtek 9100's are soon to follow, I am hoping people will think VERY heavily about this entire fiasco - from the company that allegedly did it, to the man who stood by customers - so that it doesn't happen this way again in the future when the next device hits.

Enjoy, everyone!
    Go beyond yourself. Go BeyondtheTech.

Phones
    Blackberry 9900
    HTC One X
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've never dealt with MMB, but I've read about his good business policies and wish that all dealers are like him. Kudos!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheTech

I would also like to again apologize, if it be appropriate, for the initial "Qtek 9100 aka Wizard available next week?" thread that caused quite a frenzy just over a month ago.
    No apology needed BTT. It was a great thread...most of the time...a litttle off topic sometimes, as are most big threads like that. You did us all a favor by posting it.

Dave

Phones
    HTC P4350
    HTC Palm treo 750
    HTC Tytn,Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    David, Thank you for the great service and keeping me in the loop for this whole process. You have gone over and above what anyone could expect. I would recomend you to anyone. Great prices, great service, great job man

Phones
    Motorola SLVR V8 with iTunes
    FOR SALE: iMate SP5 + 1GB & Unlocked Treo 650 + 512MB
    Carrier
    Cingular Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've been really happy with the flow of information from MMB. So often when you don't order from big online retailers like Amazon you're left wondering what's going on, or when you're going to get your items. Happy customer so far.

Phones
    HTC X7501
    HTC Universal
    Danger Hiptop
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ditto everything already said, David "MMB" is the best! My experience with purchasing the JasJar through him was unblemished, and I had many questions for him that he always answered quickly.

In the supply chain industry there's a saying "You want it quick, good, and cheap? Sure, pick any two." that illustrates how difficult it is to be competitive in all three areas - somehow MMB does it all. Best prices. First to deilver in the US. Great service. MMB can't be beat.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As a writer and reviewer for PDAGeek, I have to say that David is incredible. I asked if he would be interested in loaning me a device for 30 days to conduct a review and we quickly worked out an agreement, with the result being my review of the JAM. He then had the TORQ P100 loaned to me for a review and is now sending an i-mate K-JAM so I can see if the QTEK 9100 pre-production model (also sent through his supplier relationship) issues are fixed in an actual model so my review is accurate.

This review relationship costs him too since after I review the device he then can only sell it as a used model. Now, if I really love the K-JAM I may actually purchase it from him

He responds to my emails within minutes and is very easy to work with. I heartily recommend him to everyone looking for a Phone Edition device and can say with 100% certainty that he can be trusted and relied upon to deliver.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabesh
    I've never dealt with MMB, but I've read about his good business policies and wish that all dealers are like him. Kudos!
    The K-JAM will be my fifth time dealing a with David (MMB), and all I can say is David is GREAT.

And best of all, his shipping service to his CANADIAN CUSTOMERS is OUTSTANDING.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast