View Poll Results: Is this great info or what?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah!

94 82.46%
  • No

20 17.54%
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: umts...unvieled?

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

umts...unvieled?

EDITED BY MODERATOR
    -------------------------------------------
    COVERAGE MAPS BEGINNING ON PAGE 9 OF THIS THREAD
    You can also find the maps in this thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=6024545
    -------------------------------------------
    EDITED BY MODERATOR

Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Definition:
    Cingular is the first carrier in North America to offer Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS). UMTS is a worldwide standard for wide-area wireless data communication based on Global Systems for Mobile communications (GSM). UMTS provides broadband mobile access to business systems and applications that can help improve mobile workers' productivity. UMTS will launch on November 1, 2005 I the following markets:

Market Designation Region Market Cluster
    Austin, TX Central South Texas
    Chicago, IL Central IL/WI
    Dallas, TX Central North Texas
    Detroit, MI Central Mich/IN
    Houston, TX Central South Texas
    Baltimore, MD Northeast DC/MD
    Boston, MA Northeast MA/RI/VT/NH/ME/CT/DC/MD
    Washington, DC Northeast DC/MD
    Atlanta, GA Southeast Georgia
    Las Vegas, NV West San Diego/Las Vegas
    Phoenix, AZ West AZ/NM
    Portland, OR West Seattle/Oregon/Idaho
    Salt Lake City, UT West CO/UT/WY/MT
    San Diego, CA West San Diego/Las Vegas
    San Francisco, CA West San Francisco
    San Jose, CA West San Francisco
    Seattle, WA West Seattle/Oregon/Idaho
    Tacoma, WA West Seattle/Oregon/Idaho

Overview:
    UMTS provides broadband, mobile data access to business systems and applications on laptop PC's. UMTS service is available in the greater metropolitan areas of Dallas, Detroit, Phoenix, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle.

UMTS is like a giant metro-area hotspot. Combining high speed throughput with low latency, UMTS delivers wireless wide area data access to a broad range of business applications. With average download data speeds of 220-320 kbps, mobile workers can access e-mail with large attachments, web-based and client/server enterprise applications, corporate networks, intranets, streaming video and the Internet - anywhere in the UMTS metro coverage area.

In December '04, Cingular announced plans to build a national broadband data network based on UMTS with HSDPA. HSDPA will provide average download speeds of 400-700 kbps. Cingular plans to launch 15-20 UMTS/HSDPA markets by 4Q05 and most major markets in 2006.

In the mean time, EDGE - the fastest national wireless data network - is available today in over 13,000 cities and along more than 39,000 miles of highway across the United States. EDGE is the best WWAN solution for most CW customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Target Audience:
    Consumers and business users in all launch markets.

Product Benefits:
    Combining high speed throughput with low latency, UMTS delivers wireless wide area data access to a broad range of business applications.
    With average download data speeds of 220-320 kbps, mobile workers can access e-mail with large attachments, web-based and client/server enterprise applications, corporate networks, intranets and the Internet - anywhere in the UMTS metro coverage area.
    UMTS is the high-speed network that can provide those solutions.
    Users can use the only network that allows simultaneous VOICE and DATA!

I found this through CINGULAR'S CSP (Customer Service Portal)...is this new or already been posted????? Also in some markets they are sending letters to customers offering service credits on bills from anywhere from $25 to 100 and a free phone with all of these letters for cooperating with the upgrade!
    Last edited by bobolito; 10-17-2005 at 10:14 AM.

Phone
    whatever you don't have
    Carriers
    Stan & Ed since 1993
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsz52784
    Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)

Definition:
    Cingular is the first carrier in North America to offer Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS). UMTS is a worldwide standard for wide-area wireless data communication based on Global Systems for Mobile communications (GSM). UMTS provides broadband mobile access to business systems and applications that can help improve mobile workers' productivity. UMTS will launch on November 1, 2005 I the following markets:

Market Designation Region Market Cluster
    Austin, TX Central South Texas
    Chicago, IL Central IL/WI
    Dallas, TX Central North Texas
    Detroit, MI Central Mich/IN
    Houston, TX Central South Texas
    Baltimore, MD Northeast DC/MD
    Boston, MA Northeast MA/RI/VT/NH/ME/CT/DC/MD
    Washington, DC Northeast DC/MD
    Atlanta, GA Southeast Georgia
    Las Vegas, NV West San Diego/Las Vegas
    Phoenix, AZ West AZ/NM
    Portland, OR West Seattle/Oregon/Idaho
    Salt Lake City, UT West CO/UT/WY/MT
    San Diego, CA West San Diego/Las Vegas
    San Francisco, CA West San Francisco
    San Jose, CA West San Francisco
    Seattle, WA West Seattle/Oregon/Idaho
    Tacoma, WA West Seattle/Oregon/Idaho

Overview:
    UMTS provides broadband, mobile data access to business systems and applications on laptop PC's. UMTS service is available in the greater metropolitan areas of Dallas, Detroit, Phoenix, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle.

UMTS is like a giant metro-area hotspot. Combining high speed throughput with low latency, UMTS delivers wireless wide area data access to a broad range of business applications. With average download data speeds of 220-320 kbps, mobile workers can access e-mail with large attachments, web-based and client/server enterprise applications, corporate networks, intranets, streaming video and the Internet - anywhere in the UMTS metro coverage area.

In December '04, Cingular announced plans to build a national broadband data network based on UMTS with HSDPA. HSDPA will provide average download speeds of 400-700 kbps. Cingular plans to launch 15-20 UMTS/HSDPA markets by 4Q05 and most major markets in 2006.

In the mean time, EDGE - the fastest national wireless data network - is available today in over 13,000 cities and along more than 39,000 miles of highway across the United States. EDGE is the best WWAN solution for most CW customers.

Target Audience:
    Consumers and business users in all launch markets.

Product Benefits:
    Combining high speed throughput with low latency, UMTS delivers wireless wide area data access to a broad range of business applications.
    With average download data speeds of 220-320 kbps, mobile workers can access e-mail with large attachments, web-based and client/server enterprise applications, corporate networks, intranets and the Internet - anywhere in the UMTS metro coverage area.
    UMTS is the high-speed network that can provide those solutions.
    Users can use the only network that allows simultaneous VOICE and DATA!

I found this through CINGULAR'S CSP (Customer Service Portal)...is this new or already been posted????? Also in some markets they are sending letters to customers offering service credits on bills from anywhere from $25 to 100 and a free phone with all of these letters for cooperating with the upgrade!

hmmmm...

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No denver/boulder.

and what's WWAN? Way Wide Area Network?

Phones
    HTC EVO 3D
    HTC EVO3D
    Carrier
    the now network
    Feedback Score
    nice now i wanna see some good phones

Feedback Score
    Cingular's offering steep service credits to upgrade? Wow! Of course, they might require a data plan with it like ATT did.

I'm glad to see Boston as one of the first markets. Do you have a link to where Cingular posted this?

Phone
    Palm Treo 750 w/ Unbranded WM6
    Carrier
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by microchip13
    No denver/boulder.

and what's WWAN? Way Wide Area Network?
    I would assume Wireless Wide Area Network.
    JT

Got Ping?

Have question about a Premier/FAN account? Click Here.

Feedback Score
    Wow November 1st. Should be made a sticky. Too bad i doubt integration will be complete in Boston by this date.

Phone
    whatever you don't have
    Carriers
    Stan & Ed since 1993
    Feedback Score
    integration and UMTS deployment do not walk hand in hand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by I have a phone
    integration and UMTS deployment do not walk hand in hand
    it should
    where's stan?

Phone
    whatever you don't have
    Carriers
    Stan & Ed since 1993
    Feedback Score
    why "should" they? They are two completely different things with different time tables

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by I have a phone
    why "should" they? They are two completely different things with different time tables
    looks better marketing wise

rolling out high speed data before the networks are integrated could look counter intuitive to investors or the general public, who are less knowledgable about the technology. i could be wrong, it's just my opinion.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    “Users can use the only network that allows simultaneous VOICE and DATA!”

Is it just me or am I mistaken. This is what can make Cingular stand out from Sprint and Verizon. Can you imagine being able to know about call while online.

How much?
    How much latency?
    Can I get it and keep ATTW at least until the integration?

Phone
    moto droid
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    yea it does i think u will b fire if not banned form hofo. still does not show any phones though.
    In destiny's grand design there are no random meetings for all is meant to be.
    It's part of the Port law that passed. No carrier is allowed to release a number to another person.
    1,000th post on 3/16/2008 at 08:29 am it only took me 4 years!!

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    im not worried i work 1 day a week...so...what ever...HOFO has no reason to ban me because they are not responsible I chose to do this myself... is that better...phones i haven't heard??

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What are they going to do supina HoFo records and sue him and HoFo for what Cingular hase to post soon anyway? Where is the damage?

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast