Thread: What is Sprint sms service center number??

Phones
    Blackberry 8320
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score

What is Sprint sms service center number??

Hello I am a Nextel user and trying a experiment with messaging, and I need Sprints sms service center number and any other helpful info. Thanks in advance.
    Blackberry 9700
    My next BB is the BB9800.....

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tDAWG
    Hello I am a Nextel user and trying a experiment with messaging, and I need Sprints sms service center number and any other helpful info. Thanks in advance.
    CDMA networks, unlike GSM and TDMA (including iDEN), do not use SMS Service Center numbers. What is it you are trying to accomplish? Perhaps we can steer you in the right direction?

Phones
    HTC Aria
    HTC Aria
    Samsung A737
    Carriers
    AT&T (current)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just in case this helps: You can send an SMS to a Sprint phone by just sending to the phone number "@messaging.sprintpcs.com". Or I believe that is the address. ie if it was to phone number 847555121, then the email address would be 8475551212@messaging.sprintpcs.com

There are also TAPI access numbers. Are you, perhaps, asking about one of those?
    -+-
    RØß
    O/Siris
    ~+~
    A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

Copyright Law isn't just about filesharing.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0siris
    There are also TAPI access numbers. Are you, perhaps, asking about one of those?
    I was wondering the same thing, but wasn't sure if these were even still around. I have actually used one, albeit a LONG time ago!

Phones
    Blackberry 8320
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4PEQ
    I was wondering the same thing, but wasn't sure if these were even still around. I have actually used one, albeit a LONG time ago!
    Wrong. Sprint has a sms service center number...... So what are you talking about?? Iden uses sms.... Telus moblilty uses sms and has a sms number and they use iden. a matter a fact Nextel users use their number so they can use mosms, Nextnet a iden network in asia uses iden and there are more iden networks. And the post about cdma not using using sms is just straight bull.Btw I found two sms numbers for Sprint.

Sprint PCS USA +1-7044100000 and the other one SPRINT PCS USA +1410258953.
    Last edited by tDAWG; 10-19-2005 at 01:59 AM.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wrong. Sprint has a sms service center number...... So what are you talking about??
    Don't think so.

Iden uses sms....
    Who said they didn't?

Telus moblilty uses sms and has a number and they use iden a matter a fact Nextel users use their number so they can mosms, Nextnet a iden network in asia uses iden and their are more iden networks.
    Right. If you'd read my original post rather than jumping to a hostile conclusion that I have no idea what I'm talking about, you'd see that I said "unlike GSM and TDMA (including iDEN)". GSM and TDMA, including iDEN, which is based on TDMA technology, utilize "SMS Service Center" numbers for routing SMS.

CDMA routes SMS in a totally different manner.

And the cdma doesnt use sms is just straight bull.
    Nobody here ever said CDMA doesn't use SMS. Again, read the messages.

Btw I found two sms numbers for Sprint

Sprint USA +1-7044100000 and the other one SPRINT PCS +1410258953.
    I don't know what these are, but the second one isn't even a complete phone number. They may be old TAPI numbers. Where did you dig these up, so we can figure out what they are supposed to be/once were?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what these are, but the second one isn't even a complete phone number. They may be old TAPI numbers. Where did you dig these up, so we can figure out what they are supposed to be/once were?
    I found where you're digging these up.

They are indeed old TAPI numbers. TAPI being a system which allows modem users, or users with special software, to dial directly in to the carrier's system to send messages out. The function is totally different from that of the SMS Service Center numbers you originally asked about.

And the 704 number is likely long since retired, since it is undoubtedly a reference to the old Sprint Cellular system.

Phones
    Blackberry 8320
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Don't think so.

Who said they didn't?

Right. If you'd read my original post rather than jumping to a hostile conclusion that I have no idea what I'm talking about, you'd see that I said "unlike GSM and TDMA (including iDEN)". GSM and TDMA, including iDEN, which is based on TDMA technology, utilize "SMS Service Center" numbers for routing SMS.

CDMA routes SMS in a totally different manner.

Nobody here ever said CDMA doesn't use SMS. Again, read the messages.

You said cdma doesnt use sms numbers right?? Well could you tell how they send the messages? I mean Sprint has to have a sms server or something. Its has to be some kind of middleware that can send sms messages from one network to another.

Oh my bad for the hostile post, I just got off work.

p.s. sms numbers dont have to be complete numbers to work.

And the link to the numbers http://www.visualtron.com/support01.htm , maybe its the number you use when you take a gsm phone from sprint overseas. Doesnt Sprint have one cdma/gsm combo phone???

Phone
    Too many
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yeah someone please explain more about this TAPI thing. I see it when I log into MyPCS and go under the text messaging preferences. I know KG4PEQ said it was to dial into the system to send messages. Is that perhaps the method I used in 2000 on Sprint? I know it wasn't shortmail (it didn't use the web, was all phone based)

Phones
    HTC Aria
    HTC Aria
    Samsung A737
    Carriers
    AT&T (current)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The details have become hazy with my time since working at Sprint, but, basically, TAPI is a kind of protocol that enables someone with the right software to send SMS to a large number of phones with one action.

Basically, you use TAPI-compliant software, write up the SMS, and address it to the desired phone numbers, use the software to dial into an access number, and the messages are sent to the respective phones.

It's intended for businesses that would like to setup notification of multiple phones for whatever internal reasons they might have. The number isn't a secret, and any TAPI-compliant software will do. Thus, if you start getting messages this way, that setting in preferences lets you disable that.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0siris
    It's intended for businesses that would like to setup notification of multiple phones for whatever internal reasons they might have. The number isn't a secret, and any TAPI-compliant software will do. Thus, if you start getting messages this way, that setting in preferences lets you disable that.
    Voice mail systems/auto-attendants, etc...

I'd think there's the potential for significant abuses of this system at this point in time. I keep TAPI messaging disabled on my lines, which probably accounts for the fact I've never received the first piece of SMS spam (which, while rare, does seem to happen to quite a few people).