Thread: Tracfone 1 year service renewal

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Tracfone 1 year service renewal

Last Christmas I bought a Tracfone for my parents with 1 year of prepaid service. My parents are not techies, so this has worked great for them. No bills, no periodic activations required. The 300 minutes of service for the year works out about right for them.

This Christmas I would like to add another year of service for them. However when looking at the Tracfone web site, the only option that seems to give another entire year of service is 150 minutes for $90 or 300 minutes for $130. The other airtime cards, whether they be 40, 100, 200, or 400 (which would be 80, 200, 400, or 800 minutes with double minutes) only give an additional 60 days of service. Cheap per minute charges, but only 60 day activation period. Bummer.

So am I pretty much stuck with the 150 minutes for $90 or 300 minutes for $130 to get another year of service?

With the Christmas season coming up soon, will there be some good deals available from Tracfone, such as bonus minutes, etc?

I want to stick with Tracfone, since it roams on any GSM service.

Carriers
    Talk For Good
    Truphone personal
    Feedback Score

This might help

Just ripped this code from Fatwallet (Mong):

100 minute bonus with purchase of a 1 year double minute card

Untested, not sure if it works for GSM accounts; try it and see if it works.

edit: code valid in November, might not work today (Halloween).
    Last edited by boomerang86; 10-31-2005 at 05:54 AM.

Phones
    Moto e815
    Nokia 2128i
    LG 290c
    Carriers
    Verizon /
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I used this vendor to renew my in-laws Tracfones for 1 year for $80:

http://www.dunringil.com/retailcards.htm

tracfone bonus codes (not guaranteed):
    http://www.dunringil.com/bonus.htm

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How soon do you need to add the next card? I'm certain there will be promotions for additional minutes around Thanksgiving, or at least Christmas.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I won't need to renew until the 2nd week in December. So yeah, I bet Tracfone will be coming out with specials.

Last year, Tracfone had a special package (phone and 1 year service) that I couldn't refuse, that is why I got my folks a Tracfone in the first place.

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Huawei E1831 (webConnect Rocket)
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO Premium
    AT&T DataConnect Pass
    Feedback Score
    I agree that Trac's ability to roam on any GSM network (with the SingleRate models) at no extra cost is a nice asset. But as far as promo codes for the 1-year card go, AFAIK there are none right now that are both valid and any better than the included-in-the-box 100 minute extra code.
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!