Thread: Creating Themes for PPC WM5????

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Creating Themes for PPC WM5????

Hello:
    Can anyone point me un the right direction foir creating themes for WM5 PPC. I would also like to skin the phone dialer.
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Any programs that make themes for WM2003 will work for WM5. If you do a search, I am sure you will find all the info you need. I use ThemeMaker McDeb, but there are free options out there.

Assuming the K-Jam is the same as the Qtek 9100, you can modify the look of the dialer by editing bitmaps (gifs, bmps and pngs) in the windows directory. They are hidden system files so make sure your file explorer is setup to view hidden files. The files names that you want to look for are:
    dlrback_*.png (background images)
    dlrbtn*.gif (buttons)
    indialer_*.bmp (smart dialer images)

After you edit the pics, you need to copy your edited versions over the ones in your windows directory (make sure you backup the original files). Activesync won't let you copy over them so I copied them to my miniSD card and then used Resco to copy them to the windows directory. Soft reset your K-Jam and your done.

Here is what my today screen and phone dialer look like after some quick edits:

If anyone wants my edited pics or theme, just respond to this thread and I will post them.

Device(s)
    Qtek 9100
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    wow, i was looking for a black theme!

any chance you could post the them and dialer pics?

cheers!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.
    Dowloaded McDeb Theme Generator Demo. Not all that full featured. Other than the landscape & VGA support, there really isnt much more there than from the old MS Theme Maker. I dont understand how the WM5 items are modified like the upper and lower bar. There is no provision for that in her app.

I wish there was an all in one app that skinned it all. But I dont mind really....just something else to do.

So if you would like to post the above, it would be greatly appreciated.

Device(s)
    Qtek 9100 SWE
    Carrier(s)
    Tele2Comviq
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DominicM
    wow, i was looking for a black theme!

any chance you could post the them and dialer pics?

cheers!
    Same here!

Cheers /Patrik

Feedback Score
    yer, i would like a copy to please. And how did you get resco explorer to look like that my icons are much smaller are you using a skin?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR_25
    yer, i would like a copy to please. And how did you get resco explorer to look like that my icons are much smaller are you using a skin?
    I am not using Resco's today plugin. That is SPB Pocket Plus. I am using it as a tab for Pocket Breeze (with the tabs icon bar turned off).

Here are the files for those that requested them:

Feedback Score
    Thank you wot_fan.....been looking for a black theme to go with my black and white wisbar theme.....looks great

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskasi
    Thank you wot_fan.....been looking for a black theme to go with my black and white wisbar theme.....looks great
    Your welcome

Feedback Score
    wot_fan any chance you could tweaks the phone dialer to suppport 240x240 screens

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PPCMD
    wot_fan any chance you could tweaks the phone dialer to suppport 240x240 screens
    I am not sure if the phone dialer in the Wizard is the default WM5 dialer or if it is proprietary. If I had to guess, I would say it is the default windows dialer since there was a dialer background pic for square screens. Anyway, if you look in the windows directory on your device and you see files named as I described as in the 2nd post of this thread, we should be able to make the changes work for you. Make sure your file explorer is setup to see hidden files or you definitely won’t see them

I updated the file linked in post #7 of this thread. I added the square background pic as well as black speed dial and call history buttons to the zip file. If you follow the directions in post #2, it should work on a square screen. Since I don’t have a device to test it on though, I cannot guarantee anything. I highly recommend you make a backup (sunnysoft backup manager), before you try though. Please let me know if it works or not.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I appreciate the help. Now I just need to get the Treo 700w when it gets to Verizon.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    awesome, works like a charm!!

Device(s)
    HTC - Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There was a small, free, program that allowed changing of the phone dialer themes. I have it somewhere but will have to go searching for it...I works perfectly on my 9100 and I'll be loading it on my next phone too.
    Take a look at my new blog: MobileGenius. It is really just a few reviews at this point but I think I cover a few things that some of the reviews I have read do not take time for. Feel free to leave a comment!

Feedback Score
    I installed this theme and now when I try switch back to the windows default the sim log in screen (the one displayed when booting up) still have black buttons. How can I restore this back to the windows default blue buttons?
    Last edited by sunseaker; 02-26-2006 at 07:33 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast