Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MAJOR tower/network outage in Maryland currently affecting thousands of customers.

Feedback Score

MAJOR tower/network outage in Maryland currently affecting thousands of customers.

EDIT: just got a call back from the VZW emergency tech I spoke to a few minutes ago. Apparently there is a major tower/network problem in the Maryland area affecting thousands of VZW customers... I was told to power down all my phones and try again in the morning... This has been going on since 10 or 11PM... affected phones are answerd with message saying "number not in service" or simply endless busy signal...

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What area in Maryland? DC metro area? entire state?
    My posts are my own personal opinion and not those of Verizon Wireless, or any of its parents or subsidiaries, or contractors.

Phone
    8600 on Demo 3000 Plan $0
    Carrier
    Verizon baby!
    Feedback Score
    I would love to know what part of maryland. Thanks
    --Will

Feedback Score
    Emergency tech...lol riiiight ok

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    lionso03, what triggers your skepticism?

If nothing else, kathy_moore is a Phone Expert, and has many legitimate posts (not all, she has angered me once.) while your a Mobile Pro. Good luck distinguishing who is better.
    Your posts, lions03, range from exteremly useful and informant, to merely being of an inflammatory nature (this is far from your only post of such a nature). Please, don't post useless junk.

Let's see which parts of MD this effects.
    -- none currently---

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    Droid2 (spouse)
    OG Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Silver Spring, MD, just a couple of miles north of DC, the phone has been working fine all day, talked to the better half on the Eastern Shore around noon (also VZW), no problems.

Lena

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vermontcellboy
    lionso03, what triggers your skepticism?

If nothing else, kathy_moore is a Phone Expert, and has many legitimate posts (not all, she has angered me once.) while your a Mobile Pro. Good luck distinguishing who is better.
    Your posts, lions03, range from exteremly useful and informant, to merely being of an inflammatory nature (this is far from your only post of such a nature). Please, don't post useless junk.

Let's see which parts of MD this effects.
    hahahahah ya ok dude cause post counts mean a whole lot, but since thats the route you wanna take, I have been here for quite some time, but when the change to the forums took place I lost my old screen name so I had to create a new one, but apparently post counts matter to you so whatever move on...by the way for your info I was merely laughing at the fact that she said Emergency tech, which by the way dont exist in Verizon Wireless, I suppose you're going to ask me how I know this...well its not your concern...lets just say I know this...as for the outages, there was a reported outage in that area and has since been cleaned up...

Feedback Score
    relax, we're just chuckling on the use of the term 'vzw emergency tech'. For all intents and purposes vzw emergency tech = customer service. If I was the emergency tech, I wouldn't have asked the customer to power down the phones and leave it turned off overnight. April 1 is 7+ months away

Phones
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Kyocera Duramx
    Motorola Unication Alpha Elite
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    The things that are argued over in here sometimes are truley amazeing to me. The main point of this post was about a REPORTED outage so lets stick with that. Was there an outage or not? Some have already said thier phones worked fine in the area.
    The US Department of Justice said today:

"AT&T could obtain substantially the same network enhancements that it claims will come from the transaction if it simply invested in its own network without eliminating a close competitor..."

It's The Network, That Never Stops Working For You.

Verizon Wireless Customer Council member since August 2006. Currently Testing: Motorola Droid Bionic

Phones
    iPhone3GS - iPhone3G - SE Xperia X1 - iPhone3G - Fuze - iPhone3G (ATT)
    BB8830 - BB8130 - i760 (VZW), iPhone - Nokia E90 (ATT)
    BB8703 - A990 - BB7130 - XV6700 - LG9800 - I730 (VZW)
    Carrier
    VZW, ATT
    Feedback Score
    Wife lives near Annapolis...no problems reported from her.

[i]I've got more phones than fingers]/i]

Hmm.....I only have one finger...guess which one.

Phones
    More toys than you can imagine
    iPhone 4
    Galaxy S
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Im not quite sure why the term emergency tech is so funny?

What do you think the on call cell/switch/translations tech is for

Phone
    Samsung A950
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roc a fella
    Im not quite sure why the term emergency tech is so funny?

What do you think the on call cell/switch/translations tech is for
    I don't understand why it's so funny either, Roc. The same people that are laughing are probably the ones that call 2 AM about text messaging and bills.

Feedback Score
    "Emergency" Cell/switch/translations techs are NOT going to call a customer back because the customer was complaining at 12am usually during a maint. window that they cant make phone calls. Please, give me a break...Again, there is no such thing as an emergency tech...they are all considered techs and they are all on call...so whatever...

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Didn't mean any harm, since after reviewing your posts further you seem like a VZW insider..
    Let's stop the arguing, looks like whatever happened has been cleared. It's all good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vermontcellboy
    Didn't mean any harm, since after reviewing your posts further you seem like a VZW insider..
    Let's stop the arguing, looks like whatever happened has been cleared. It's all good.
    Im cool with that and yes, I probably am a VZW insider, not really sure myself...but ya the mess was cleaned up and all should be good...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast