Thread: unPrivate call (*82) Issue

Feedback Score

unPrivate call (*82) Issue

Hello, I made my # private with each call but I want to have certain people see me when I call (like family, etc.). I cannot add *82 to the phonebook entry because when they call it shows their number and not the name... I don't want to enter *82 before the #, however. I want it all automated. What should I do?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly you can call Verizon CS and tell them that you only want your number to show up to the numbers that you want. Im almost 100% you can do that, but im not sure. Try it and let me know.

Feedback Score
    That seems too complicated... I guess I'll call but is there any other way?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Im not sure, but im sure someone on here will know something else, if what I said is not the only way.

Feedback Score
    anyone else know a fix to this?

Phones
    Motorola E815
    should of stuck with the VX4400
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    another thread, someon said to use the "n" feature, save the *82 as a speed dial, and add "n" to the end of it. this way youll go to that speed dial, say #82 and then itll wait and ask for the number u want to call. i believe this can be found under the edit options.

another way is to add *82 to every number you want your number to be shown too.
    4 days and still cant connect. go figure

Feedback Score
    I know... I'm saying that I want it to be like an entry type thing... like any other phone book entry... I just press call once and it calls, I don't wanna go thru add this then that, etc.

Phone
    VU204-E815
    Carriers
    Verizon (sigh!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD
    another way is to add *82 to every number you want your number to be shown too.
    that is the only way.

Phone
    Iphone
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Since you want to show your number to only certain people I would assume its not that many. But anyways a slightly longer way to do it would be to make two entries one for your speed dial with the #82 and another for when they call. so it shows there name. I think that would work, I don't think there is really a short way to do it. hope this helps.