Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: De-cert released for i930 enjoy!!

Phones
    PPC-6700
    i930
    Blackberry 7250
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Verzion
    Feedback Score

De-cert released for i930 (IMPORTANT NEW INFO)!!

***MOD EDIT: IMPORTANT information regarding this method...

Quote Originally Posted by Posted recently by TZarcone
    DO NOT BY SPRITE BACKUP THEY ARE NO LONGER A BACKUP SOLUTION FOR THE I930 THEY BACKUP YOUR DATA BUT THAN ON RESTORE THEY CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION AND DO NOT COMPLETE A FULL RESTORE. THEY CHANGE SETTINGS TO IN FORCE NEXTEL'S POLICIES AND BREAK ACTIVE SYNC IN THE MEAN TIME. IF YOU HAVE VERSION 2.2 THEIR "NEW" VERSION USE THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THE 2.1 TO REGISTER THAT AFTER ALL YOU PAID FOR A FULL BACKUP AND NOT A MODIFIED BACKUP! THEY ARE NOT BACKING UP THE FULL REGISTRY AND NOW THEY ARE MODIFYING IT WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. THERE IS ALREADY A LAWYER INVOLVED FOR NEXTEL AND THE DECERT THINK IT IS TIME TO ADD SPRITE BACKUP FOR CHANGING AND MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

CONTACT THE LAWYER FOR MORE INFORMATION AND MAKE SURE YOU SIGN THE PETITION AS WELL. BE SURE TO BRING UP HOW SPRITE IS NOW ALTERING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE PHONE AS WELL. IT IS NOT THEIR PHONE NOR INFORMATION TO MAKE CHANGES A BACKUP PROGRAM IS TO BACKUP AND THAN RESTORE NOT ALTER THINGS TO SUIT THEM OR OTHERS!
    It appears Sprite has succumbed to pressures from M/S to code around the security hole that M/S themselves left in. Apparently the ability to control and rake in revenue on software purchased by users is a big selling point for M/S and Sprite now has to change their program so that it DOES NOT do what it was designed to do, create a full back-up. It is a shame that Sprite didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to M/S. I am sure a ground swell of support could have started from our community however with posts like these >>|<< We may just look like a bunch of adolescents who don't pay for anything anyway. Not the Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Models, Pro-football players, regular Joe's, Technicians, homosexuals, convicted felons, accomplished system hackers and I'm sure a few mentally challenged people who are regular contributing members of our forum. We are all phone nerds or geeks and we all can relate to one another at times though that commonality. We also make everyday purchasing decisions that involve software and we are soon becoming an important market segment... Linux any one?
    BTW look for my post soon in our Software forum on how, with the right JAVA and XHTML many of the features of this "smart" phone can be duplicated in our existing phones without having to kowtow to Microsoft.
    -YoDude

Today there was alot of work going on and we Toasted Logic and myself came up with the modification to DE-CERT the i930.....

Yes it is correct the phone can be de-certed and all the information has been posted so enjoy. It is not a perm mod if you re-format it will have to be re-installed. But the best part is that will also keep your warranty intact as well. If you need service just re-format the phone and the mod is gone....
    We have tested it with doom, tweak, wordbook, and even installed root certs. None of this can be done without it beind de-certified.

So enjoy and spread the word just keep the files and documents intact and no selling it this was given FREE and expect to to remain FREE! NO EBAY or will let the others hunt out down...

It is being hosted on my server at
    http://www.rebreathertech.com/decert

and also have a mirror if mine gets bogged down....

http://www.saturdaynighthouseparty.com/decert/

So enjoy and don't forget who brought it out to everyone FREE and also support the developers like tweak and spritesoftware.com without thier help this wouldn't be possible. Granted Sprite has no idea about this but they software helped lol.

Both are great programs so support them and dont forget to sign the petiton as well so maybe Nextel will unlock it and others wont have to get patched....

Quote Originally Posted by k3v1nc

Tzarcone, there is a mistake with your directions, which prevents activesync from working properly.

the (00001017) 4119 registry value should be changed to 156 not 16.

I changed it in Hex Workshop manually (fourth dot to the right of the key name is the value, change it to 156), then restored, and bingo activesync working with exchange again just fine. This should be changed for everyone though, cause who knows what other system processes need admin rights.

btw, after doing this, you need to re-enable the server sync settings before it will work.

Explaination: 00001017 is the 4119 security policy, that controls who has admin privilages (Grant Manager). Orig value is 140 (128 + 8 + 4) See Here You add up each of the numbers for the roles you want to have admin rights and put the total in this registry key. You changed that to 16 which gives admin right ONLY to the user, but takes it away from other important security roles (including whatever one activesync uses) what you should do is add 16 to the number 128 + 8 + 4 + 16 = 156

Quote Originally Posted by YoDude
    I can not stress hard enough to all who use this method. The only payment required is that you SIGN THE PETITION > CLICK HERE

Lets face it. We have all been down this road before. Nextel can always upgrade the software to lock you out again. Some even think that is why there was a supply hiccup when the phone was first released. They may have expected a hack and they wanted to see it to make changes before committing to more deliveries with the original software. If that is the case the timing of this release was excellent

Signing the petition does two things:
    1. It communicates to the carrier the wishes of its customers.
    2. It provides a known quantity should a future class action be necessary.

Did I remind you to SIGN THE PETITION, BTW?
    Last edited by YoDude; 12-29-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Phones
    Nokia N900
    iPhone 4s
    Nokia N900
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This is a fine example of our community working together towards a common goal. These fellows deserve all the props we can give them and a big

And most importantly, no one had to bow down and blow smoke up their butts to make it happen
    Their collective aim was true and they enlisted the help of others with expectations of nothing more than getting the job done right. Outstanding effort fellows.

I for one am glad that money does not change EVERYTHING.

I have also reprinted Toasted Logics post with hyperlinks and stuck it in our software forum...
    Last edited by YoDude; 11-19-2005 at 10:51 PM.

Carrier
    Verizon... its the network
    Feedback Score
    I just looked at this instructions and OMG I think this may actually work..

All in all .. great job!!!

EDIT: I just did it and the instructions couldnt have been more well written and clear.. Now to figuare out what I am going to install first.
    Last edited by vigor21215; 11-19-2005 at 10:50 PM.
    U ever notice that u failed to notice something???? But then you see it wasn't that much to notice anyway??

PIN:30499C14

Phones
    PPC-6700
    i930
    Blackberry 7250
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vigor21215
    I just looked at this instructions and OMG I think this may actually work.. Question? do I use my serial cable on this? because alot of people have the usb and will want to know if this requires it?

All in all though.. great job!

nope no serial cable sd card is helpful but also not needed you have to transfer the files to your phone than disconnect from your pc and run it and in minutes your de-certified

Phones
    iPhone (ASAP)
    i930 (soon to R.I.P.)
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    hells yeah.... good looking out!
    IsolationStudios.com

Carrier
    Verizon... its the network
    Feedback Score
    just did it the easy way using the backup provided and it worked great!

thanks alot guys and Like Yodude said your hard work shows that the spirit that made HOFO what it is lives on!

Phones
    PPC-6700
    i930
    Blackberry 7250
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vigor21215
    just did it the easy way using the backup provided and it worked great!

thanks alot guys and Like Yodude said your hard work shows that the spirit that made HOFO what it is lives on!

Glad to get it out and share it with everyone...Just voted for 5 stars had to get that started too lol

Phones
    PPC-6700
    i930
    Blackberry 7250
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YoDude
    This is a fine example of our community working together towards a common goal. These fellows deserve all the props we can give them and a big

And most importantly, no one had to bow down and blow smoke up their butts to make it happen
    Their collective aim was true and they enlisted the help of others with expectations of nothing more than getting the job done right. Outstanding effort fellows.

I for one am glad that money does not change EVERYTHING.

I have also reprinted Toasted Logics post with hyperlinks and stuck it in our software forum...

Thank you for making it a sticky and the only thing we did was make you wait most of the day, but only to test. Hope everyone enjoys it but still gotta shoot to make Nextel do it offically still so don't forget if you like it sign the petition and help out others as well.

Phones
    i930
    i860
    i730
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    worked perfectly. THANKS for your hard work!!!

Phones
    BB 7520/I930/I870
    I860/I850/I830/I760/I733/I730/I530
    I95/I90 and of course I1000
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I'm having trouble reinstalling my java apps, it keeps giving me an error.
    BB Pin:400C61AA

Feedback Score

check this out

Here's the first thing I did:

Larger version: http://www.codexterous.com/duke.jpg

Yep, that's Duke Nukem 3D. It looks a LOT better than the camera could photograph, and runs at believe it or not around 50fps. This and other classic 3D Windows Mobile ports available free here:

http://spv3d.tk/

Thanks so much guys! Just to see Duke on my phone is the greatest thing.

Just an FYI, I needed to soft reboot (power down/back up) the phone in order for it to work. I thought I did something wrong because the phone would *install* unsigned apps but not *run* them until I rebooted.
    Last edited by aftli; 11-19-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Phones
    i930
    i605
    i830
    Carrier
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    nope no serial cable sd card is helpful but also not needed you have to transfer the files to your phone than disconnect from your pc and run it and in minutes your de-certified

need sd card unless you have full version of sprite backup

Phones
    I930
    PPC-6700
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I have a quick question. Is there a way to create the Java app icons for the phone because i deleted them by accident and the games are still installed and I don't know how to run them without them.

Phones
    PPC-6700
    i930
    Blackberry 7250
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays
    I'm having trouble reinstalling my java apps, it keeps giving me an error.

what error is it giving you?

Phones
    I930
    PPC-6700
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I think it is because they are still there. I am having this problem. I can uninstall them though then put them back on. The problem is I have saved games I don't want to lose. Anyway to crate the shortcut to run them?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast