Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official RAZR V3c and Mac Thread (iSync, DUN, BT, etc.)

Feedback Score

RAZR V3c - Mac Thread (iSync, DUN, OPP, BT, etc..)

Well i have finally figured out how to sync my contacts and calenders via bluetooth on my G4 Powerbook and CDMA razr v3c (unlocked alltel version). I presume this will work with the Verizon v3c (once its released) after you seem edit to enable OBEX, but this works with no hacks to the phone if you have the alltel version. In the meantime, heres is some info for all the mac users:

1 If you have already paired your v3c with your mac, delete the pairing in
    System Preferences > Bluetooth.
    2 Quit iSync if it is running and open a new Finder window and browse to /Applications/iSync/
    3 Right click on iSync.app and select 'Show Package Contents'
    4 Switch Finder to column view (apple-3)
    5 Browse to iSync.app : Contents : PlugIns : ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice : Contents : PlugIns : PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin : Contents : Resources : MetaClasses.plist
    6 Open MetaClasses.plist in your favorite text editor.
    7 Search for E815 and after the final </dict> for the E815 identifier, make room and copy the following:

8 Go back to System Preferences > Bluetooth and click 'Set Up New Device' You will have to enable 'Find Me' on the V3C handset. Once the pairing process continues you will notice you now have the option to sync contacts via iSync.

9 Post here if you have any questions or PM me if you want a modified version of my MetaClasses.plist file.
    Last edited by llarkk; 11-25-2005 at 03:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Once you have paired your unlocked v3c with your mac, to transfer pictures/video/music, on the menubar click the Bluetooth icon and hit browse device.

Then select your phone and hit Browse

You will then see the file structure on your phone:

MP3s go in /audio/
    Pictures and wallpapers go in /picture/
    Videos go in /video/ etc ..

Feedback Score

OPP Working

OPP Works beautifully with my mac and cdma V3c (unlocked alltel version):

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so much llarkk! I've been waiting for someone to help out us Mac folks! Now I've just got to wait on the Verizon RAZR, and hope that its not too hard to do on that interface.

Or better yet, could you explain how you got your Alltel RAZR to work on Verizon's network? I know other threads are available on this, but I'd like to get a consensus on how others did it because I am quite the novice when it comes to hacking cell phones, and I want to make sure that if I choose to take that step, that I fully understand it so I do it right.

Thanks

Device(s)
    MOTO SLVR-telus on f/w w/ opera mini!!
    Carrier(s)
    V E R I Z O N
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by llarkk
    The process of activating an alltel v3c on verizon network is certainly not for the novice. Im sure someone will post a how-to here sometime but it does require quite a bit of knowledge about multiple programs. It will likely be easier for you to get a VZW branded phone and hope someone develops a set of seem edits to enable obex, opp, etc.
    if the alltel already has obex and OPP enabled.. wont that make it a pice of cake for the razr v3c (verizon) to enable obex and OPP by comparing the seems from the alltel version to the verizon version?
    Last edited by chronic_8731; 11-25-2005 at 03:56 PM.
    dancin, smokin, drinkin, slowly blinkin, just another cali weekend

you don't got the guts to be what you want to be - scarface

why drink n drive when you can smoke and fly..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelf24
    Or better yet, could you explain how you got your Alltel RAZR to work on Verizon's network? I know other threads are available on this, but I'd like to get a consensus on how others did it because I am quite the novice when it comes to hacking cell phones, and I want to make sure that if I choose to take that step, that I fully understand it so I do it right.
    The process of activating an alltel v3c on verizon network is certainly not for the novice. Im sure someone will post a how-to here sometime but it does require quite a bit of knowledge about multiple programs. It will likely be easier for you to get a VZW branded phone and hope someone develops a set of seem edits to enable obex, opp, etc.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Very good info for us Mac users. Thank you.

Device(s)
    [Current]: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    wow that's great. i hope it will be easy to enable obex on verizon's razr as that is what i am getting and transfering files to my iBook would be a nice treat too, hope some1 finds a way to enable it, nothing 2 do but wait ....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If someone can figure out how to unlock the Verizon RAZR and enable OBEX, thats all I would want.

Feedback Score

RAZR has fullscreen video too

Device(s)
    l7c
    Carrier(s)
    whoreizon tireless
    Feedback Score
    Files needed for Apple iSync 2.1.1

Unzip these files into the specified location listed above in this thread.

Device(s)
    LG VX-8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yea....im getting the verizon v3c and i have a brand new imac. I would love to be able to transfer with bluetooth allthough i can just do it with a wire. Bluetooth is way cooler. Anyone with any idea how to enable OBEX def. post it so we all can do it so we can transfer with bluetooth!!!

Feedback Score
    thank you! This information will be useful for all use Mac users! Will it be possible for us Mac users to use the phone to connect to the internet using a dial-up connection? I used to be able to with my old VX6000 and my PC laptop - but since i switched to Mac I haven't really tried to. is it still possible with the mac ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    4:13:41 PM Error An unexpected exception occured while synchronizing the device.

4:13:41 PM Error Device "SKool Razr" synchronization failed

Any ideas why I am receiving this error when trying to isync? I followed the direction at the top and got the error, unzip the files and tried that and the same thing.
    Last edited by sabfg55; 12-03-2005 at 07:01 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    same thing with the usb.

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast