Thread: Anyone had experience with an appraiser before?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Anyone had experience with an appraiser before?

I got this guy coming to check out the place in which I am renting at the moment. I am kind of worried. The owner just told me he hopes everything goes well. I don't understand what he means by that Is he worried that there is going to be damage, which is going to affect his appraisal?

Anyhow, I am kind of worried too. What are things that an appraiser can check and do and what things they cannot do? ? He will be here for like 10 minutes..... I am kind of worried as well. Will they check the closets since I have tons of stuffs in there?
    Last edited by charmainia; 12-06-2005 at 10:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    They look at structual, fire hazards from electrical.....landlord selling?

10mins is kinda quick...min is usually 30 mins.

Device(s)
    Ericsson T39mc, Samsung D508
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Appraisers are different from Home Inspectors, the former simply looks around the house, gathers the features of the property and checks out the conditions of the amenities then establish a fair market value.

Home Inspectors on the other hand can be a Realtor's nightmare because they could find thing like mold or structural damages that could potentially sour the deall

I don't believe they will check the closet, other than to establish a size ( which is not all that important, because closets are not price-swinging features )

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia 6620: Nokia6620/2.0 (4.22.1) SymbianOS/7.0s Series60/2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

So far the reason i know your landlord would get an appraiser to come would probably be because hes trying to refinance, get a loan 4 his property or sell. The appraiser just basically assess the property. Compare it to other properties with the same size, built, age etc. so he can set a price on how much the propertys worth. He would hav to take pics also so i suggest pick up some clutter laying around. Its not an inspection u should be worried bout.

Feedback Score
    lol **** my bad

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Because there has been some "little" wear and tear... That's normal, right? There is always some wear and tear. That is what I am worried about.... YIKES - I can't help it if the structural is a little cheap.. meaning the wood cabinet got a slightly chiped here and there ... oh well... and the walk can get easily dirty... (but i have been told by the neighbours that this was a common thing)
    Last edited by charmainia; 12-06-2005 at 11:10 PM.