Thread: is there a way to cancel without paying ETF?

Device(s)
    The V, HS700 bluetooth, 1GB card
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless = BEST!!
    Feedback Score

is there a way to cancel without paying ETF?

Is therea nyway to cancel cingular without paying the ETF??? my sis has my old line and now everyone is on verizon. plus, she has the samsung p107, old pnone...i kno!!! the phone is acting all weird now and i'm planing on porting her over to verizon in march when the contract is up. any advise on how to get this done would be awesome!!
    VERIZON WIRELESS MEANS THAT

WE NEVER EVER STOP WORKING FOR YOU AND THAT'S A PROMISE!!

Feedback Score
    Not necesserally. Cingular could collect on the estate.

You are only able to get out of contracts through a mutual agreement (ie. both you and Cingular decide you are no longer interested in the contract - which isn't going to happen here), by excersizing a termination clause (ie. paying the ETF), or an act of the courts (ie. you sue Cingular and explain to a judge why the courts should terminate the contract on legal basis - which would make the judge laugh at you in this case).

The only advice you'll find here is to pay the ETF.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    See if you can get somebody to take over the rest of the contract, otherwise as others have said pay the ETF and be done with it.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    than for the advice, even thought i didn't understand the first one, but thanx and i will probably just figure it out.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    what would happen if i just suspended it? then called back in 2 weeks and cancelled it? i heard that you are taken out of their system. is that true?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bookfarms6
    what would happen if i just suspended it? then called back in 2 weeks and cancelled it? i heard that you are taken out of their system. is that true?
    That would not work. If service is termed in any way while in a contract, termination fees apply (suspended or not). Remember, a suspended account is technically still open until terminated.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    March is just a couple of months away. Why not just wait it out?

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bookfarms6
    than for the advice, even thought i didn't understand the first one, but thanx and i will probably just figure it out.
    I think what celltechy meant was that Cingular would release her from her contract if she died. That's about the only way to get out of it.
    The 411 on Free 411
    Hanging Up on Telemarketers
    Need to waste some valuable time? Read my blog![/COLOR] Marion's Time Waster

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve (Personal)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdasen
    Not necesserally. Cingular could collect on the estate.

You are only able to get out of contracts through a mutual agreement (ie. both you and Cingular decide you are no longer interested in the contract - which isn't going to happen here), by excersizing a termination clause (ie. paying the ETF), or an act of the courts (ie. you sue Cingular and explain to a judge why the courts should terminate the contract on legal basis - which would make the judge laugh at you in this case).

The only advice you'll find here is to pay the ETF.
    If you move and the provider cannot provide you service in your area, you can get out of the contract. Alot of our customers are ports from the competition becuase they just don't have the coverage we do here, and to this day not one has been charged ETF. This is California though, it may be a state thing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    This thread has been satisfactorily answered and it is now being closed. Content available for future reference only.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY