Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Best Bluetooth Dongle?

Feedback Score
    I bought a dlink DBT-120 and to my surprise, it not only worked with my Verizon e815 as far as syncing to my Mac for contacts and the iCal, but the adapter worked like a charm on my mac. I just plugged the dang thing in and it worked 1st time.
    I later saw an off brand bluetooth adapter at Frys for about 1/3 the price of the dlink, I bought it and it also worked. I took back the dlink and got my refund.

- Mark

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I picked up an IOGEAR at wal-mart for $24 and it works perfect with my V3C and my brothers e815. The exact model is GBU211WM. PM me if you need any help.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by athenslb57
    I picked up an IOGEAR at wal-mart for $24 and it works perfect with my V3C and my brothers e815. The exact model is GBU211WM. PM me if you need any help.
    Based on IOGear's web site... the GBU211 uses Widcomm v3.0.1.906 drivers. so it should be very easy to work with...

The depending on the serial number range, the IOGear GBU201 uses either Widcomm 1.4x drivers, or 1.2 drivers...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul
    I have the D-Link DBT 120 dongle.. However, the driver CD [ and also the website ] don't have WIDCOMM drivers.. Although the User Guide is based on WIDCOMM ...

Also, I try un-installing the XP with SP2 BT stack.. but it keeps coming back after a reboot... And, the DLink drivers don't even recognize the Dongle.. Obviously it's because XP drivers take over... How do I replace the XP BT drivers with WIDCOMM [if I can indeed find these too... ]
    D-Link does have the BT-120 drivers on their site, they are Widcomm...

BUT Just like Ambicomm.... Depending on the hardware revision marking on the bottom of the dongle, you have a different driver set file to download.... Get the wrong one, and you'll get a License error message from the Widcomm software.

wnrussell already pointed you to DLink's doc about installing with WinXP SP2, there is also some info on my pages (link in my signature), when you get there, from the navigation list on the left, click on PC Bluetooth...

Device(s)
    eyePhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    I am working on adding V3C specific info to my pages first

see -> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=792946
    This will be great.
    Trying to get information of this site is a joke. Too many people dont use the search facility and just re-post the same questions.

I look forward to your organized site.

Thanks

Mark
    VZW, It's 2009! Time to embrace technology, not suppress it.
    oops....too late I've ported over to AT$T

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_K
    This will be great.
    Trying to get information of this site is a joke. Too many people dont use the search facility and just re-post the same questions.

I look forward to your organized site.
    Anything you want to see on my pages, be sure to post it in that thread!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    can someone tell me if this will work? i get kensington products for free so if so it will save me some money..

http://us.kensington.com/html/6397.html

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    wnrussell: thanks for that link!!.. solved my XP's Native BT Stack issue... pheww!!

However, there is now a new problem:

The following pop-up keeps coming back:

" No Valid Security Code Found "

So, I went thru the Dlink Manual and it does address this issue. However, there are problems with it too...

1 - The manual [ Troubleshooting section ] points me to - Program File \ WIDCOMM \ Bluetooth Software \ BIN \BTFaeSEC.exe to enable the fix... But, I don't have a WIDCOMM folder!! I have Program Files \ DLink \ BluetoothSoftware.... Also, under BIN there is no BTFaeSEC.exe file to execute

2 - The manual states [under "Installing the Bluetooth Software" section ] that A 32 digit security code is included with your DBT-120 and is located on the back flap of your CD cover.. Well I lost the CD Cover.. It further states that if you have misplaced the CD Cover you can obtain the security code from http://66.45.42.85/Dlink Now, that site is not found!!

So, basically.. I have managed to get rid of XP BT stack and get the Device Mgr to recognize and install the DLink 120 Adapter and software. But, I don't have a WIDCOMM folder and 2) I cant retrieve the security code because the aformentioned website in the manual is a dead link!!

BTW, I bought the adapter from CompUSA, not ebay... if that makes a difference

Plz help!
    My World Phone dot com is a VERY SHADY seller. Click here for details

My Toys: '10 M5 : '12 Blown LS7 : iP5S : GS4 : Nexus N4 : N95-4 : E71-2 [Sold]

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, the Driver Verison is 1.4.2.10 This is also the driver set on DLink's website..

Of the various firmware versions for the DBT 120, mine is B4

Device(s)
    Nokia 7205 Intrigue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I use Zonet, as previously mentioned, they use Widcomm drivers. No problems at all, extremely tiny compared to Dlink, inexpensive.
    This is the one I have:
    Zonet ZUB6111C

Device(s)
    Razr V3c (03.16.10P flash)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i am sure that this has been discussed before but i searched and i am still unclear about something...
    what i do know: i need to use widcomm drivers. does broadcom make the chipsets that use these?
    what i don't know: do i need bluetooth v.1.1 or 1.2 or 2.0 AND class 1 or 2?

i know what the differences are between versions and classes (no need to explain that part to me) but i don't know what i need in order to use my V3c. (i will not be using the bluetooth dongle to communicate with other devices. it will only be used for the phone)

if someone could clarify i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pb_red
    i am sure that this has been discussed before but i searched and i am still unclear about something...
    what i do know: i need to use widcomm drivers. does broadcom make the chipsets that use these?
    what i don't know: do i need bluetooth v.1.1 or 1.2 or 2.0 AND class 1 or 2?

i know what the differences are between versions and classes (no need to explain that part to me) but i don't know what i need in order to use my V3c. (i will not be using the bluetooth dongle to communicate with other devices. it will only be used for the phone)

if someone could clarify i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance!
    Ok here goes

In the past Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) was the BT Radio chip "of choice." their chips were used by Belkin, Ambicom, MSI, DLink, Billionton, etc... In fact, many of the dongles actually use the SAME CSR chip and were in essence the SAME device with a differnt PNP ID. My first Ambicom BT2000C-USB uses a CSR chip, the same as one of the Belkin, MSI and Billionton dongles.. I think its the same as used in the DLink BT-120.

Widcomm has been purchased by Broadcom... While the V5 drivers still say Widcomm Bluetoth USB Driver, and Copyright Widcomm inside the INF files, the user manual says Broadcom and has the Broadcom logo on every page.

Broadcom does make BT radio cips... In fact the latest serial number range Ambicom BT2000C-USB dongle I have uses a Broadcom chip. As does some of the newer Kensington dongles.

As for BT HCI 1.1, 1.2 or 2.0... AFAIK the phone is BT HCI 1.1. But the upper revisions are backwards compatible, and interoperable. i.e. a BT 1.2 device will work with a BT 1.1 device and vice versa...

As for Class 1 vs 2... biggest difference I know of is RANGE... one is 30meters other is 100meters. But the phone (30meter) is the limiting device in this case..

Since all you are going to do is use it with the phone... buy the CHEAPEST dongle that comes with Widcomm/broadcom drivers you can find!!

Device(s)
    [Current]: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    can any1 confirm this is a good bluetooth adapter, cause i'm going to buy it then http://cgi.ebay.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth...QQcmdZViewItem thanks

Device(s)
    BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin__L
    I use Zonet, as previously mentioned, they use Widcomm drivers. No problems at all, extremely tiny compared to Dlink, inexpensive.
    This is the one I have:
    Zonet ZUB6111C
    Do the zonet's work with USB v1? old *** computer. Will I have the fuction to add wireless keybaord/mouse/cellphone all that the same time?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d4rk MaSta
    can any1 confirm this is a good bluetooth adapter, cause i'm going to buy it then http://cgi.ebay.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth...QQcmdZViewItem thanks
    Like I said in Post #11 of this thread
    Visit the manufacturer's web site, look up what downloads they have available...
    Plus what I said in post # 27
    Since all you are going to do is use it with the phone... buy the CHEAPEST dongle that comes with Widcomm/broadcom drivers you can find!!
    Equals....

Based on IOGEAR's web site the GBU-301 uses Widcomm v1.2x or Widcomm v1.4x drivers (depends on hardware revision).

So it should work fine... I haven't used the Widcomm v1.2 drivers, so I am not sure what profiles might be there (or missing) compared to the v1.3 and above Widcomm drivers.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast