Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Best Bluetooth Dongle?

Device(s)
    BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I bought the led shoppe dongle . It should be in my hands soon. They're imported from China only $10. I hope the widcomm drivers work for it. I have heard they work good but I'm not sure on the widcomm yet.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I bought a Belkin F8T001 and I could never get it to work, although I'm pretty sure it used Widcomm drivers.

I would always get a No Devices Found error and I would add the phone to my devices successfully, but I could never access files on the phone. If I went to my bluetooth places in My Computer, I also got a "No devices detected" error.

I tried to change drivers to use the Widcomm drivers because Windows was using the SP2 drivers at first, but everytime I would restart it would switch back to using the SP2 drivers. Also, if I didn't restart, it never detected my phone, basically no use.

Well I'm not sure what I did, but no matter how many times I uninstall, reinstall, whatever, the bluetooth devices/bluetooth radios listing under Device Manager is missing! And I have no idea how to get it back.

If I took the Belkin adapter back and bought another brand, would it make any difference?

Device(s)
    V3xx + Moto HS850 + 512mb TF Card
    Carrier(s)
    The New AT&T (land line, DSL, Wireless), DirecTV
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Another vote for the D-Link DBT-120 works like a charm with Windows, and MPT. Just make sure the D-Link Drivers install instead of Windows or else you'll encouter many problems

tss_jim

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I wish I wasn't having problems with my Toshiba laptop and SP2 drivers vs. Toshiba drivers.
    Last edited by Ry Ry; 12-29-2005 at 05:39 PM.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    eyePhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    I wish I wasn't having problems with my Toshiba laptop and SP2 drivers vs. Toshiba drivers.
    I have a toshiba laptop. What problems are you having?
    VZW, It's 2009! Time to embrace technology, not suppress it.
    oops....too late I've ported over to AT$T

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_K
    I have a toshiba laptop. What problems are you having?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=807762

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Talking Kensington 33085 USB Bluetooth working fine XPsp2

All;
    I just purchased a Kensington 33085 from compgeeks.com for $14 and it is working fine with my new Razr V3c, mpt 4.04beta and by Dell 9300 laptop running XP SP2.

-PaMan

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Looks like I'm going to have to dongle up the desktop.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    just replied to it...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Well I took back that Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter. Felt good to have that $52 back haha.

I decided I would try again with a different brand, and went to Wal-Mart and bought a $20 IOGear GBU211 and it works flawlessly! I think it's funny how the more expensive one turned out to be the one that didn't even work.

Installation took FOREVER haha and I had to disable windows drivers and update them to the Widcomm but that took 2.6 seconds and now it works great!

Yay IOGear!

Device(s)
    T809 --> D820
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone try IOGear's website. They have a Class 2 adapter for less then $10 (not including shipping) and a Class 1 (Backward compatible with Bluetooth Class 2 and 3 devices) for less then $15. The Class one can go a lot farther then the Class two, and both can transfer at the same rate. I have a V330 and my phone has Bluetooth class 2 i think. Any Idea which one I should get??
    http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=storeNEW

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwahs
    Anyone try IOGear's website. They have a Class 2 adapter for less then $10 (not including shipping) and a Class 1 (Backward compatible with Bluetooth Class 2 and 3 devices) for less then $15. The Class one can go a lot farther then the Class two, and both can transfer at the same rate. I have a V330 and my phone has Bluetooth class 2 i think. Any Idea which one I should get??
    http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=storeNEW
    Rather than repeat exactly what I typed.. I'll just direct you to Post #27 of this thread.

And will add.. The newer HCI level adds more features and supports more profiles...

Since most Moto phones support BT HCI 1.1 class 2... that will be the limiting factor in most cases..

If you are going to use the dongle for MORE than just your phone... Then look at getting a dongle that supports BT HCI 2.0 (not the same as USB 2.0 dongle).
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 12-31-2005 at 01:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up the Kensington 33348 from Best Buy for $36. Works like a charm! It uses the Widcomm drivers and just like the other products that use Widcomm, it has no issues.

I was skeptical about opening it after reading some of the other posts (damn packaging....would have caused a restocking fee I bet), but it works great. Have no fear.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone using TRENDware TBW-101UB Bluetooth USB Adapter ?

Is there a way to check if it has widcomm? I looked up the web site and all documentation, but no reference to widcomm.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by dora_2006; 01-04-2006 at 02:38 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dora_2006
    Is anyone using TRENDware TBW-101UB Bluetooth USB Adapter ?

Is there a way to check if it has widcomm? I looked up the web site and all documentation, but no reference to widcomm.
    Thanks.
    Like I said in Post #11 of this thread....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Here is one way to know... Find the model number of the device in question... Visit the manufacturer's web site, look up what downloads they have available...
    Ok, so I googled Trendware... found... Trendware International, which gives me choices of countries... I Pick Domestic US and get... http://www.trendnet.com/us.htm used their support link to navigate to driver downloads for the TBW-101UB...
    http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/info/tbw-101ub.htm

I see downloads based on hardware revisions...

So, I click on each to download...

For the A No serial number or no "R" in serial number version of the device or the A No "R" in serial number/Green transparent casing version of the device its the same download... And based on the text inside the BTWUSB.INF included its the Widcomm v1.3.2.7 drivers.

Downloaded the driver for the V2 version of the device... And based on the files do NOT include a BTWUSB.INF BUT DO include a bluesoleil.chm, I'd say this version does NOT use the Widcomm drivers, but does use BlueSoleil.

Downloaded the driver for the B1 version of the device... And based on the text inside the BTWUSB.INF included its the Widcomm v1.4.3.4 drivers.

Downloaded the driver for the AR "R" in serial version of the device... And based on the text inside the BTWUSB.INF included its the Widcomm v1.4.2.8 drivers.

See... not difficult.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast