Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Best Bluetooth Dongle?

Device(s)
    Razr V3c (03.16.10P flash)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i got the cheapest dongle i could find on newegg (Airnet ABT201 - $5 if i ever get the rebate). from all of the looking around i did i can say with some certainty that it does NOT use wildcomm drivers. it comes with its own set of drivers and software which work just fine with my v3c. i was able to transfer mp3's which was all i wanted to do with it.
    don't know about other features and don't know if it works with mpt...

good luck everyone

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pb_red
    i got the cheapest dongle i could find on newegg (Airnet ABT201 - $5 if i ever get the rebate). from all of the looking around i did i can say with some certainty that it does NOT use wildcomm drivers. it comes with its own set of drivers and software which work just fine with my v3c. i was able to transfer mp3's which was all i wanted to do with it.
    don't know about other features and don't know if it works with mpt...

good luck everyone
    Yep. Non-Widcomm drivers (like BlueSoleil) will work just fine for OBEX and using the alt method to configure MPT... (since the add new phone wizard in MPT v3.x specifically relied on the Widcomm drivers and didn't work with others, Not sure about MPT V4 yet because I haven't played with it...)

Its just a matter of figuring them out... some docs are better than others...

The only reason I suggest Widcomm is because they are "relatively easy" and there are so many out there using Widcomm already, its easier to get help when things go wrong.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    v3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I used the Zonet dongle from NewEgg and it works flawlessly. Cant compare it to others though since this is the only one Ive used.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm using the MSI BToes 2.0 (USB 1.1)from NewEgg, $19. Uses Widcomm 4.01.2101 drivers. Works great for OBEX.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Mark,
    Thanks for the note. I haven't ordered the adapter from Amazon yet, so all I can see is the information on its web site, and looks like there is no way to figure out the model number from that information.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I finally got the Kengsinton dongle to work without problem. I can connect to MPT with bluetooth now. However, I cannot say this is the best one but as long as it works, it's good for me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dora_2006
    Mark,
    Thanks for the note. I haven't ordered the adapter from Amazon yet, so all I can see is the information on its web site, and looks like there is no way to figure out the model number from that information.
    Yep.. No way to tell the Serial Number unless you can hold it in your hand.

If you purchase in store, you can try by "matching the picture" from the web site, to what is on the store shelf.

If you want to purchase locally and be assured to get Widcomm... Compusa does still sell the Ambicom BT2000C-USB for just under $30. and they do use the Widcomm drivers.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Zoom 4320

I just got Zoom 4320 bluetooth usb adapter (pdf: http://tinyurl.com/bj8pk) from MicroCenter, it was $19.99+tax. It came with Widcomm 3.0.1.912 drivers and works great with my E815. I had some troubles connecting phone to MPT 4.0.4b but after reading Mark's website and BVRP FAQ everything is working fine right now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    A little expensive, uses Widcomm v1.4.2.11 drivers... But it will work fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ledshoppe's got a slim dongle for $15. it claims 3Mb max data rate... is this possible as all others are rated 1Mb?

Maximum data rate: 3MB
    Sensitivity: [email protected] 0.1%BER
    LED status indicator

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    A little expensive, uses Widcomm v1.4.2.11 drivers... But it will work fine.
    I have a coupon codes that'll knock 40% and make shipping free.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    I have a coupon codes that'll knock 40% and make shipping free.
    That is still $27... and you have to wait for it...

Got a compusa close by?? Kensington for $19.99 -> http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...480&pfp=SEARCH
    Or a Ambicomm for $29.99 -> http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...331&pfp=SEARCH

Or go to walmart and get the IOGear for anywhere between $19.99 and $29.99...

No waiting

Device(s)
    Moto E815 - still works!!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spark227
    I recently ordered a Zonet ZUB6201C USB adapter for $24 shipped after rebate. It's Class 1 and supports BT v2.0, so it shouldn't become obsolete for at least another month This product is new, but the other Zonet BT v1.2 adapters got good reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833130026
    I've had my Zonet for a few months now and never had a problem with it. I think I paid something like $10 after rebate from Newegg.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    That is still $27... and you have to wait for it...

Got a compusa close by?? Kensington for $19.99 -> http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...480&pfp=SEARCH
    Or a Ambicomm for $29.99 -> http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...331&pfp=SEARCH

Or go to walmart and get the IOGear for anywhere between $19.99 and $29.99...

No waiting
    Thanks for the heads up..

The Kensington one isn't showing Not Available In-Store.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast