Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hosed Your V3c Outside LCD Logo? I HAVE A FIX!!!!

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by viP4x
    men, i did all the steps, but, i inserted the logo (v.gif), etc ... but, when i open the flip, just appear this: "a/mobile/olcdp/v.gif", instead the logo, whats wrong ? sry 4 bad english

Here use these premade seems. Make sure to enter the correct values for all 3 seems. Back yours up before you write these to your phone. For V3c from VZW, Alltel, USCellular, Telus, Bell
    http://rapidshare.de/files/26051695/...seems.rar.html

1. Open P2KCommander and navigate to "a/mobile" and drag and drop the "verizon.gif" you want to use. Make sure your .gif is named "verizon.gif" as that's what these seems are set to use. No need for "Olcdp" folder just the "verizon.gif"
    2. Open P2KSeem input "Seem 275a Bytes 30 Record 0001" then "Load From Phone" "Load From File" "Save To Phone"
    3. Next input "Seem 2771 Bytes 30 Record 0001" then "Load From Phone" "Load From File" "Save To Phone"
    4. Next input "Seem 2772 Bytes 30 Record 0001" then "Load From Phone" "Load From File" "Save To Phone"
    5. Restart your phone flip it open and enjoy your new flip open pic. After these edits you will be able to freely overwrite "verizon.gif" with any pic you want. Just overwrite it not delete first.
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Device(s)
    V3Cm
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fincher
    I have no idea other than possibly re-flashing. Why would you have a need to flash to Alltel from USCC? The phones are nearly identical except for EV-DO.
    I flashed it because I had everything all screwed up and thought that the flash would fix everything. But it didn't of course. I had both lcd's blank and who knows what else. I managed to get the inside lcd working again once I actually figured out what went wrong. But for the life of me I wasn't able to figure out the outer lcd. This is how I learn, by screweing things up or just totally trashing them.......
    If everybody in the world would help each other instead of hurting each other, just imagine what a world it would be!

PEESE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMembr
    Here use these premade seems. Make sure to enter the correct values for all 3 seems. Back yours up before you write these to your phone. For V3c from VZW, Alltel, USCellular, Telus, Bell

1. Open P2KCommander and navigate to "a/mobile" and drag and drop the "verizon.gif" you want to use. Make sure your .gif is named "verizon.gif" as that's what these seems are set to use. No need for "Olcdp" folder just the "verizon.gif"
    2. Open P2KSeem input "Seem 275a Bytes 30 Record 0001" then "Load From Phone" "Load From File" "Save To Phone"
    3. Next input "Seem 2771 Bytes 30 Record 0001" then "Load From Phone" "Load From File" "Save To Phone"
    4. Next input "Seem 2772 Bytes 30 Record 0001" then "Load From Phone" "Load From File" "Save To Phone"
    5. Restart your phone flip it open and enjoy your new flip open pic. After these edits you will be able to freely overwrite "verizon.gif" with any pic you want. Just overwrite it not delete first.
    OMFG!! DID REALLY WORKS!!! THXS THXS THXS SOOO MUUUUCH!!! YOU ARE MY DADDY!!!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by viP4x
    OMFG!! DID REALLY WORKS!!! THXS THXS THXS SOOO MUUUUCH!!! YOU ARE MY DADDY!!!!
    Could be i am quite the ladies man. Don't expect any child support though. JK

Device(s)
    Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I didn't read all of this thread, only the first page instructions and thought I'd try it on my Alltel V3c. I'll be damned if it worked just fine! I probably did it the hard way going through p2kman and editing the hex with xvi32, but I have an understanding of hex so I did just fine. This is cool. Now if someone could only figure out a way to disable the moto startup animation so I can see my custom animation and sound with no problem.

Feedback Score
    Nice work man
    I was fine until i tried to create the /a/mobile/olcdp folder.
    I get GENERIC FAILURE error.
    It is weird cause I can see and go into every folder there (i.e. kjava, skins) up and down the root of p2k:/a.
    I tried maybe using MPT to make the folder (/a/mobile/olcdp) but I don't see it from P2k Commander. Why is that?? I even put a the *.gif I wanted to use to no avail.

Any ideas??

Device(s)
    Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Make sure you're using P2k Commander 3.2.6 instead of the newest version. It's much more stable for the v3c than the newest release. The reason you probably don't see the folder created with MPT is because it's empty when you create it. P2kComm won't show empty folders. Using these instructions and seem edit, it's imperative that you name the gif "v.gif" since that's what the seem is telling the phone to look for, not some other xxx.gif.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Puerto Rico
    Feedback Score

Thanx a lot!..

I was going crazy.. I read and read.. and tried everything and nothing seemed to work.. but finally got to this post and got it..

Just uploaded those premade seems and worked like a charm..

BTW.. I might add that I'm on VZw PR.. and running GATW_05.04.00R.. which ain't your "regular" VZW 'red bars' UI.. so if there are any other fellas out there running this S/W and having problems modding the outside LCD.. this is the answer..

Device(s)
    Alltel 4.06 Flashed V3C
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gh0stR1der
    Thanx a lot!..

I was going crazy.. I read and read.. and tried everything and nothing seemed to work.. but finally got to this post and got it..

Just uploaded those premade seems and worked like a charm..

BTW.. I might add that I'm on VZw PR.. and running GATW_05.04.00R.. which ain't your "regular" VZW 'red bars' UI.. so if there are any other fellas out there running this S/W and having problems modding the outside LCD.. this is the answer..

Just FYI - the olcdp fix is for when you delete the verizon.gif file. (Which should never, never, ever be done!)

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakincool
    Just FYI - the olcdp fix is for when you delete the verizon.gif file. (Which should never, never, ever be done!)

Yea.. I pretty much got that down.. DO NOT EVER EVER EEEVVEEERRR delete the "verizon.gif"

But, funny thing is.. that our firmware didn't have a "verizon.gif".. instead it displayed a text saying "Verizon Wireless".. which I guess ran from some internal banner.. kinda like the Telus s/w..

But the seem edits posted by GoldMembr did the work.. all that needed to be done after, was to insert a .gif named "verizon.gif".. in the first place since we didn't have one..

Which now create an interesting question.. if now I were to delete the "verizon.gif".. would I get the "default" Motorola Logo that people get?..

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G (Black) 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anybody have any luck with the V3m doing this? Whenever I open P2KCommander and go the P2K Device on the right hand side, i get an hourglass forever then it stops responding. I have tried this with both my V3c AND V3m. Any help much appreciated!

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by evanr821
    Anybody have any luck with the V3m doing this? Whenever I open P2KCommander and go the P2K Device on the right hand side, i get an hourglass forever then it stops responding. I have tried this with both my V3c AND V3m. Any help much appreciated!
    Maybe an useless question.. but..

what version of P2kCommander are you using?..

and.. are you running PST.. or RSD Lite 2.5 when trying to use P2kCommander?..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gh0stR1der
    Yea.. I pretty much got that down.. DO NOT EVER EVER EEEVVEEERRR delete the "verizon.gif"

But, funny thing is.. that our firmware didn't have a "verizon.gif".. instead it displayed a text saying "Verizon Wireless".. which I guess ran from some internal banner.. kinda like the Telus s/w..

But the seem edits posted by GoldMembr did the work.. all that needed to be done after, was to insert a .gif named "verizon.gif".. in the first place since we didn't have one..

Which now create an interesting question.. if now I were to delete the "verizon.gif".. would I get the "default" Motorola Logo that people get?..

That is incorrect about the olcdp folder needing to be done if you delete verizon.gif. That statment was made a long time ago when the seems were first discovered. That was the first thing that person tried and assumed that was the only way to get the verizon.gif to show up again. Those 2 seems only tell the phone where to find the verizon.gif. You could make it say a/mobile/verizon.gif or a/mobile/olcdp/verizon.gif or even a/motorola/system/verizon.gif if you wanted to. Even if you delete verizon.gif you can still go back and redo the seems i posted to fix it. By the way Gh0stR1der yes if you delete the verizon.gif you will get the default Moto gif.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That is incorrect about the olcdp folder needing to be done if you delete verizon.gif. That statment was made a long time ago when the seems were first discovered. That was the first thing that person tried and assumed that was the only way to get the verizon.gif to show up again. Those 2 seems only tell the phone where to find the verizon.gif. You could make it say a/mobile/verizon.gif or a/mobile/olcdp/verizon.gif or even a/motorola/system/verizon.gif if you wanted to. Even if you delete verizon.gif you can still go back and redo the seems i posted to fix it. By the way Gh0stR1der yes if you delete the verizon.gif you will get the default Moto gif.

Hmm.. good to know..

So theoretically.. I could even make it to point to a "verizon.gif" stored on alongside the rest of my pixctures in the phone.. and instead of having to fire up the P2kCommander and overwrite the "verizon.gif" in it's special place everytime I want a new outside lcd picture.. I can just transfer the new "verizon.gif" over bluetooth to "my pictures" folder on the phone and it would read it allrite??..

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ohh, and another thing.. I seem a bit lost here.. and couldn't find any info regarding this specific problem..

now thing is.. as you may already know.. our VZw PR V3c's are lacking any "Verizong/Vcast" branding.. so there is no "customer_opening or customer_closing .gifs" that I can overwrite with my own.. the opening and closing animations that are displayed on the phone are the default motorola ones.. no provider branding whatsoever.. and I can't even find the files for those "motorola .gifs"

So.. is there a way to get over this?.. has anyone else ran into this problem?.. can someone point me in the right direction if this has been talked about already?..

TIA..

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast