Thread: Call from 1-000-000-00

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Call from 1-000-000-00

This morning my phone rang with the number "1-000-000-00". I picked it up, and no one was there. I have a Motorola e815 and Verizon. What was that? It's really strange. It still shows up in my incoming call log.

Phones
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Retired: I95cl hyper moded
    Carriers
    AT & T
    Feedback Score
    its very common this happens

alot of larger offices have a system to set the caller id of all there phones

i have seen and gotten calles from 123, 000 000 0000 , 111 111 1111

and a few other good one's i the past

dont be alarmed was prob a friend of some 1 at a work or possibly a pay phone

then the other options inculde the fbi/cia and the best 1 i have heard is aliens

of the logic other possiblity
    soem 1 called and had problem with there network and the caller id wasnt sent lol
    yes its me Nyitalian718 old account is messed up so i made a new one. IM BACK!

Phone
    V3c (Alltel flash)
    Feedback Score
    Actually it is fairly easy to spoof caller id. Anyone with a spare computer and a voip connection can do it very easily. Most likely this was a telemarketer, don't worry.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Kyocera Duramx
    Motorola Unication Alpha Elite
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Long distance callers and calls from over seas can do it sometimes too.
    The US Department of Justice said today:

"AT&T could obtain substantially the same network enhancements that it claims will come from the transaction if it simply invested in its own network without eliminating a close competitor..."

It's The Network, That Never Stops Working For You.

Verizon Wireless Customer Council member since August 2006. Currently Testing: Motorola Droid Bionic

Phone
    Q9h
    Carriers
    Cingular (left); back with ATT
    Spring (ported)
    Feedback Score
    the funny thing is this exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I also have an 815.
    The Motorola Star Tac series may go down in history as the greatest cell phones ever made.

Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Yup, last week I got a call from "415". In all the years I've been using cell phones, that was the first time I've seen something like that.

Phones
    E815,XV6600,V710
    3 Audiovox 9500s
    have used v276,vx5200(crappy),a670
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can spoof Caller ID, ive called my goth friends from 666-666-6666 and my chrisitan extreamists from NPA-776-2323 (god). And for the music friends, NPA-867-5309.
    My EX-Dream Phone: SCH-i645 with the following added, a touchscreen, Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC OS (smartphone OS=garbage), Bluetooth, a 520 or 600mhz Xscale CPU and a huge ultra extended battery with a big hump, and for kicks, dual CDMA radios for 1x data and voice @ same time
    CANCELLED:[1]