Device(s)
    BlackBerry BOLD 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Introducing 7-Eleven SpeakOut Wireless in Canada

http://www.7-eleven.com/products/pro...d=1012&thumb=1
    CDN: Article (above link is US)

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- 7-Eleven Inc. is introducing a new prepaid cellular program, Speak Out Wireless in 358 of its stores across Canada.

The program features Nokia mobile phones ready-for-use out of the box with a pre-assigned phone number, a pre-charged battery and $10 of free airtime. The rates include 20 cents-per-minute airtime with no restrictions, 5-cent text messaging to anyone and up to one year use of purchased airtime. Voice mail, caller ID and three-way calling are part of the package at no extra charge.

"The Speak Out cell phones offer some of the lowest-cost prepaid wireless services with no activation needed," said 7-Eleven product manager Roger Barratt. "This is ideal for the cost-conscious consumer who is seeking an easy-to-understand wireless program. It offers all of the same benefits of contract programs, without the contracts or monthly bills. You only pay for what you use."

For 30 cents per minute, callers get domestic long-distance calls anywhere in Canada and the United States. Customers can also take advantage of cost-effective international calling to more than 200 countries with competitive pricing compared to most prepaid wireless services. There are no additional access fees.

Phone options include the Nokia 1100 phone at $65 with text messaging, Vibra alert, games, flashlight and ring composer, or the Nokia 3120 handset at $115 with color screen, screen savers, speaker phone and front-panel flashes with ring tone rhythm.

"Now that the Nokia 1100 and the Nokia 3120 mobile phones are available at 7-Eleven stores, consumers can enjoy the ease of purchase with Nokia's renowned ease-of-use," said Glen Graham, channel development and sales director for Nokia.

The phones can be purchased at 7-Eleven's in-store displays, called "Wireless Without Strings."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What does this mean for VM, aren't these rates and prices lower than VMC's?
    Anyone interested, anyone thinking about switching to 7-11 after retiring from VMC.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...65#post6386465
    (GSM as well)
    200 DT/ UL E.W @ 5PM / 2500TXT / CallerID / VM / 6GB BlackBerry Data : $42.50 ON Fido

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    GSM = no good for me

can't get gsm where i live, so i guess i am sticking with virgin

Device(s)
    BlackBerry BOLD 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    where do you live

Device(s)
    Nokia 6015i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile CA of course!
    Feedback Score
    From the Fido forum here at Hofo, we got the brochure for SpeakOut Wireless Canadian service.

Front and Back of the Canadian service brochure :

^-------- Click on the images for a full size scan picture.

Now, we might get in trouble with this forum's moderator, since this is not really VMC related.

Just information for people to decide. For some, GSM and the looong topup expiries might be the ticket. I am happy wityh virgin, but it's good to know what's going on.

Pre-Paid Cell - Who's BEST? See Different Plans Compared *Here*.

Compare prices for Canadian retailers, Find 'Hot Deals', meet nice people at PriceNetwork.ca !

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8615
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    I guess this is a good alternative for those who really do use their phone just for "emergency". In the fine print, it says there is a $1.50 monthly charge for 911 service. So, $18 is already used up each year.
    The *BEST Deal* in Canada for light Cell users ? Join the HoFo VMC Crew !

Carrier(s)
    Big Gulp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenfu
    I guess this is a good alternative for those who really do use their phone just for "emergency". In the fine print, it says there is a $1.50 monthly charge for 911 service. So, $18 is already used up each year.
    Yeah, I'm not liking the 911 fee, either. I'm also not liking the 5 cents to send and receive text messages. The Wireless Web is nice, too, but I wonder what the cents/KB will be.

Nonetheless, this is a decent deal for those who like the phones that are offered, GSM, and the 1-year expiry. I wonder if they will also be selling just the SIM cards without having to buy a phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6015i
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if things have improved on the Fido network, but it had a not so great reputation in the past. Getting bought out by Rogers should improve things, and they are not really competitors to them anymore, and both use GSM phones.

I am going by hearsay, from comments heard from Fido users in the past. Might be completelly off, anyone knows how well Fido signal is nowadays? (7-11 Speakout is hosted on Fido network)

Device(s)
    Razor V3C
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Toronto

Is this only available in Ontario ?
    It seems like the coverage area is quite small ?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6015i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmith12
    Is this only available in Ontario ?
    It seems like the coverage area is quite small ?
    The service is supposed to be throughout Canada, so this is probably only the Ontario version of their brochure. If not, that is a really really bad deal.

It looks to me like users are limited to Fido's "Basic" network. The odd thing is, the fine print mentions using the Extended network at extra charge, but doesn't say what the extra charges are.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6015i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    GSM service sucks in Nova Scotia.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Their canadian website links to the us brochure. I wonder if the phones available in the states will be available here?

Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    http://www.7-eleven.com/products/pro...=00152&thumb=1

I found the Canadian 7-Eleven site offering the Fido phones but there isn't much info or CS numbers to call. I wonder if you can activate an old Fido phone on the 7-Eleven plan. Does anyone know if it's possible?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6015i
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A cross-post from an original message by vicntc in PN HotDeals forum - has nice info on the Nokia models being offered by 7-11 service :

----------------[ vintc original post below ]-------------------------------------

Nokia 1100 info
    http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/1100/...feat:1,00.html

Nokia 3210 Info
    http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/3120/...feat:1,00.html

Both offer "Xpress-on™ color covers (sold separately)". The 3120 appears to be a tri-band (GSM/GPRS 850/1800/1900 MHz) or "world" phone whereas the 1100 is a dual band/North American unit (GSM 850/1900 MHz).

Hopefully, this comparison link will work...

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/compa...&#39;3120&#39; <--- Compare Nokia 1100 and 3120 models side by side.

Nokia Canada Links...

Nokia 1100
    http://www.nokia.ca/english/products...0_features.asp

Nokia 3120
    http://www.nokia.ca/english/products...0_features.asp

Device(s)
    Nokia 6015i
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Guys, sorry if some of the images are slow to load - they are hosted in the PN site, and with today's contest there, it's Lag city - I am having trouble even posting a reply to their forums.

They will be normal tomorrow, when contest is over.

Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    I found the CS number for Speakout wireless and called this morning and found out they are running on Rogers network not Fido. Interesting that Rogers allowed it since they just came out with their own 365/day deal.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast