Thread: Extended Network? What Does That Mean?!

Phones
    Nokia E71-2
    Nokia E66-2
    iPhone 1st Gen
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Extended Network? What Does That Mean?!

Well i am a verizon newb!..i have both Nextel and Verizon, just got the a razor v3c, anyways, I am on a trip down to Myrtle Beach SC, and my phone says Extended Network, does that mean i am going to get charged for roaming and all my calls? I tried *228 and it comes up Alltel. WTF...i thought verizon was nationwide? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Phones
    Nokia E71-2
    Nokia E66-2
    iPhone 1st Gen
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well i figured it out by looking at the coverage map on verizon and reading the fine print, and doing some searches on the site, from what i gathered 'extended network' means verizon picks up the tab on roaming and your home air time/rate is in effect still. I am on the americas choice plan, and all of NC is covered, so there is no reason why i cant make calls and not be charged. As soon as i walked two miles down the road to the SC border boom, back onto verizon, seems most of southern NC is Alltel. Hopefully i wont get charged.

Carrier
    U.S.: Verizon, T-Mobile USA; CH: Sunrise; D: Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    You will not get charged for Extended Network calls. Normal airtime, like you're on the Verizon network, will apply.
    Hope this helps.

Phones
    LG DARE
    Thunderbolt
    DARE
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Yes, Extended Network just lets you know that your fone is currently on another companies "system" but your billing will not be affected.
    "I'm All In!"

Phone
    Sanyo MM-9000
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I just read the brochure for the unlimited IN text messaging plans and it said they can only be used in the NationalAccess & Enhanced Services network
    and not while in the America's Choice network. How is that supposed to work?
    Last edited by Agent 47; 12-22-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Phone
    Motorola e815
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    IN Text messaging should work anywhere you can send/receive text messages (even when roaming). IN Calling applies on the Verizon Wireless network and also on extended network carriers, if the triangle is not flashing. If the triangle is flashing, regular rates still apply, but IN does not.

--Arch
    "Do you want a piece of me lady?" - Dr. Phil
    More of Dr. Phil's Words of Wisdom

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS!

Only in Pennsylvania could a toll collector make $21 dollars an hour!
    Good-bye toll collectors: Now I've got

"Kennedy's car has killed more people than Cheney's gun ."

Phone
    Sanyo MM-9000
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by is_that_clear
    IN Text messaging should work anywhere you can send/receive text messages (even when roaming). IN Calling applies on the Verizon Wireless network and also on extended network carriers, if the triangle is not flashing. If the triangle is flashing, regular rates still apply, but IN does not.

--Arch
    It seems like there are so many rules and policies with Verizon that I can't keep straight what is what. lol

Phones
    LG DARE
    Thunderbolt
    DARE
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 47
    It seems like there are so many rules and policies with Verizon that I can't keep straight what is what. lol
    It's really simple with a current Americas Choice Plan...
    Simply, Your plan rates/ free mins/ unlim nites weekends apply anywhere your fone will work in the US, regardless of what the banner says.
    Calls to/from another VZW fone are unlimited , except in a few isolated areas where the tryangle flashes, then they come from your normal plan / mins instead.

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Your phone will actually say "Roaming" if you're being charged roaming fees, or if you have a newer plan it wouldnt make any difference because there are no roaming fees.

Phones
    Blackberry 9650 Pin: 3220F44F
    Blackberry 9650
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No more roaming!! I love it, remember those old days They were bad hehe
    PIN: 3220F44F