Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T809 Unlocked AT&T/Cingular WAP/GPRS Settings

Feedback Score

T809 unlocked Cingular wap/gprs settings

Anyone know how to change the settings in the T809 to work with Cingular and what the settings are? Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Simple, just type *#87927# and it will reveal the hidden Browser Profile menu. Drop down to 2 Profile settings, select it and you can either edit the T-Mobile GPRS one or drop down to Profile 2 and edit that one to put in the Cingular settings from the D500 Thread in the FAQ Thread or Section. Once they are in go back to the Current profile and select the one you changed then save and exit.

To change the MMS/Picture messaging, type *#87667# which brings you to the Debug Mode. Drop down to 4 Server settings, then 2 Profile settings, select it and either edit the T-Mobile USA MMS settings or drop down to Profile 2 and edit them with the MMS settings for Cingular found in the same thread as the Browser settings. Save it, and go back to the Current Profile and select the one you changed, save and exit.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score
    I did what you said and set the settings up and it says network unavailable... help can someone give me sepcifics, i see some posts saying to use the proxy and some saying not to,

Feedback Score
    Thread Re-opened.

Moderator HF 18
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 12-28-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro2k1us
    I did what you said and set the settings up and it says network unavailable... help can someone give me sepcifics, i see some posts saying to use the proxy and some saying not to,
    You should do what the first post says and enable the proxies so that you can put in the GPRS settings. The other settings of disabling it is to not use the MEdia Net homepage so ignore that that post.

GPRS
    Profile Name: Express
    Home URL: http://device.home
    Bearer: GPRS Only
    Proxies: Enabled

Then go to GPRS Settings, dont worry about GSM settings they do not apply to us.

IP - 66.209.11.32
    Port: 8080
    APN: wap.cingular
    User Name: [email protected]
    (All upper case)
    Password: CINGULAR1
    (All upper case)

Then Save the settings and your internet will work. Also be sure to sett your current proxy to this setting.

Now for MMS settings which I am sure you will ask after you get your internet working.

Settings Name: Multimedia
    Homepage: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxies: Enabled
    Version: 1.2 (295KB)

Then go to GPRS Settings.

IP: 66.209.11.32
    Port: 8080
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected] (upper case)
    Password:CINGULAR1 ( upper case)

Feedback Score
    i get network unavailable

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    i get network unavailable
    Try typing *#4777*8665# and go to 6 GPRS setting and change it to GPRS Mode and then try opening the browser again.

Feedback Score
    that did it!!!! Thanks... do you know how to set it up to go to the medianet page? Thanks for the help!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    that did it!!!! Thanks... do you know how to set it up to go to the medianet page? Thanks for the help!
    Pressing the "center" button should bring you to the MEdia Net homepage automatically if you put in the http://device.home as the Home URL. It will still look like it is going to T-zones/T-MobileWeb, as that is just the browser branding.

If it doesn't, it might be that the New MEdia Net homepage is the problem. I know some of my other unlocked T-Mobile and AT&T Samsungs had some problems going to it when they came out with it.

Feedback Score
    something still isnt working all i get is a network solutions page. I dont know.... uuuuuggg

Device(s)
    smt5600
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score

media net home

put "cingular.infospace.com" in your favorites to go to media net home page

Feedback Score

Angry Has anyone succeeded in getting CINGULAR web and mms working on t809?

Hi,

I have read all of the posts here, and tried all the setting for the d500, and I cannot get web and mms for cingulat (not former att) working on the t809.

Has anyone been able to get it working, and if so, can you please share that info with me.

This is a great phone, but it is usless without web and mms.

Dave

[email protected]

The L Street Tavern (How do you like them apples?)
    Device(s)
    More than you...
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I set up everything by following the instruction in this thread, and I was up and running fine a few days ago. Now, I can't connect, and get "Error: network unavailable." Can't connect to the bookmark I had for MediaNet (cingular.infospace.com) or any other URL. Grrrrrrr.
    Last edited by bostonirishguy; 01-12-2006 at 01:22 PM.

The L Street Tavern (How do you like them apples?)
    Device(s)
    More than you...
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Update: It appears that wap doesn't work only when I'm in the office (downtown Boston). Works fine at home, though. Not sure what's going on.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    For those that did get it working and now no longer works, try check to see what the Current profile is selected as in the past on other Samsungs, when you turn off the phone, the phone defaults back to the Original settings when it is turned back on. I haven't checked my T809 as I am only using it with my T-Mobile account because I haven't unlocked it yet.

Not sure why it doesn't work at your office, but still does at your home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast