Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T809 Unlocked AT&T/Cingular WAP/GPRS Settings

Feedback Score
    Good to know Mango808, any way to fix it?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dada21
    Good to know Mango808, any way to fix it?
    Not sure as in the earlier T-Mobile branded Samsungs, it would default to the 3rd Profile when you turned it on. The T809 only has the 1st Profile for the T-Mobile GPRS occupied. So if you aren't going to use T-Mobile as your carrier, then the best thing would be to just overwrite the T-Mobile GPRS settings with your own and then it will be the only settings to use.

My Cingular branded Samsung phones all seem to stay on the last Profile for the GPRS settings so I don't usually have to double check to make sure the one I was using last is still set.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Motorola Black V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

WAP Settings For Cingular and T809

I have a unlocked T809 used with Cingular service. I followed the directions in a Sticky about WAP/MMS Settings. When I try to connect by pushing the T-Zone button, I get (Error: Connection to server lost) can anone help? This is my current setting on the phone...

WAP SETTINGS

Profile Name - Express
    Home URL - http://device:home
    Bearer - GPRS only
    Proxy Use - Enable
    Proxy Address - 66.209.11.61
    Proxy Port - 8080
    APN - wap.cingular(lower case)
    Login ID - CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password - CINGULAR1

MMS SETTINGS

Profile name - Multimedia
    Server URL - http://mmsc.cungular.com
    Proxy - Enable
    Version - 1.2 (295kb)
    Proxy Address - 66.209.11.61
    Proxy Port - 8080
    APN - wap.cingular
    Login ID - CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password - CINGULAR1

Thanks

The L Street Tavern (How do you like them apples?)
    Device(s)
    More than you...
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    These are the settings I used. Check your proxy address and Login ID. Also, I don't think you can access MediaNet with the TZones button. I put "cingular.infospace.com" in my favorites to go to the MediNet homepage.

WAP SETTINGS

Profile Name - Express
    Home URL - http://device:home
    Bearer - GPRS only
    Proxy Use - Enable
    Proxy Address - 66.209.11.32
    Proxy Port - 8080
    APN - wap.cingular(lower case)
    Login ID - [email protected]
    Password - CINGULAR1

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Samsung T809

This phone is quad band and has great features.. Anyone out there useing this phone on the Cingular network??
    If so:
    What type of reception are u getting?
    Are u able to use the MMS (or whatever cingular uses) feature?

Thanks in advance.

J.

Feedback Score
    any idea what the settings are for ATT?

Feedback Score
    I have a 809 that is unlocked, i entered all the info for the WAP and MMS, however when i try to send a message, it comes up with a screen that says Enter center at the top, and i have no idea what to put in there. Please help me!

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH t609
    Feedback Score
    I have a t mobile phone. I got the WAP profile to work again, but I can't sign on aim or any other messaging service.

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS;
    Feedback Score

Changing Samsung T609 Internet Settings?

Alright, I don't think this is in any way against any of the unlocking rules posted on this site. if it is please let me know.

My friend has a Samsung T609. It is a T-Mobile phone, and he is using it with Cingular currently. He would like to change the internet settings and text setting sin the phone so that he can surf the web, go on instant messenger (AIM and ICQ) and can send text. Does anyone know what the right settings are or can point me to a thread with this info. I tried to search for it, but being a Sprint guy I am really out of the GSM loop.

Thanks,
    Anthony
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 06-13-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Thread Merged

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS;
    Feedback Score
    HF 18, thanks for moving my post here, this thread has solved the issue. Also thanks to everyone here that provided the info!

Edit: Apparently ICQ still doesn't work, says "check your profile" any ideas there?
    Last edited by nc3g; 06-17-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Feedback Score

Unlocked Samsung t629 Browser Settings

I have AT&T service and an unlocked Samsung t629 handset (T Mobile). I cannot access the internet and I have called AT&T 3 times, Samsung twice, and T Mobile twice. All three tell me that they need me to talk to the other ones.

AT&T gave me the "codes" or whatever that I guess I need to change the settings but they do not know HOW to change the BROWSER SETTINGS.

How do I do it?
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 03-07-2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Thread Merged

Feedback Score

Unlocked T Mobile Phone with AT&T Network

Alrighty, this is my second post but I know a lot more this time around!

I have an unlocked Samsung t629 and the AT&T network.

Everything works fine except for connecting to the internet (downloading ringtones, using Instant Messenger...)

I figured out (no thanks to Samsung or T Mobile!) how to access the browser settings. I press *#87927# which allows me to change the settings.

So now what do I put in to make it work? I've tried several things but it won't work... Here's what I fill in to create a new one:

Profile Name
    Home URL
    IP address
    Port
    Linger Time
    DNS (just check or don't check)
    DNS1
    DNS2
    Bearer: GPRS or GSP
    Advanced Settings:
    APN
    Login ID
    Password

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Well I guess I was added to this thread... but I don't have a t809 and I tried everything posted above and it didn't work...

Feedback Score
    Okay, sorry about all of the posts. This is my last one, I promise!

So I managed to figure out how to access the internet on the T629 (which IS different from the T809). - (If anyone needs to know this, let me know...)

However, I cannot log into MSN Instant Messaging through the embedded form on my phone. I can only do it by first going into MEdia Net. It is MUCH more cost effective for me to use the embedded version. So does anyone know how to make it work? When I try to log it says "Server not responding."

Feedback Score
    how do you access the internet? i've searching google for weeks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast