Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Oy! V3c and MPT Issues

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickster
    ...8. When the image of the phone pops up, everything should work except multimedia studio. To enable EVERYTHING (incl. multimedia studio), follow Mark's instructions which are, again, Menu-->Setup-->General Setup-->Communication Tab-->Change Modem-->Next-->Next-->Check the box marked "Do Not Automatically detect the driver. Select from a list"-->Next-->Highlight Motorola CDMA on the left-->Highlight V3CM on the right-->Next-->Finish.
    want to skip this step??

First do the seem edit found by Raalph253 ....

For the V3C it would be... Seem 2827, Record 1, Bytes (h) 22, Offset 0006, enable bits 0-2-3-6 and Disable Bits 1-4-5-7.

What does this seem edit do?? Well, MPT reads the ID string in the phone... and uses that when it "auto detects" the phone... This seem edit changes the phone's ID string from V3C to V3CM...

FyrFytr, this will also fix the issue you see of having to manually change this each time!!
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture

FyrFytr, this will also fix the issue you see of having to manually change this each time!!

Thanks, but I think I'd rather take a few extra seconds to do that step, than toy around w/ seem editing.
    -Greg

District of Columbia Fire Department

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FyrFytr
    Thanks, but I think I'd rather take a few extra seconds to do that step, than toy around w/ seem editing.
    Cool, And I competely understand... How about this instead....

In Notepad... open... C:\Program Files\Motorola Phone Tools\Detect.inf

Find....
    Code:
    [V3c]
    Driver=v3c
    Manufacturer=+CGMI: "Motorola CE, Copyright 
    Model=""MODEL=V3c""
    and change it to....
    Code:
    [V3c]
    Driver=v3cm
    Model=""MODEL=V3c""
    If you do this, future "live updates" of MPT might replace the Detect.inf, so you'd have to edit it again...

Device(s)
    VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    Cool, And I competely understand... How about this instead....

In Notepad... open... C:\Program Files\Motorola Phone Tools\Detect.inf

Find....
    Code:
    [V3c]
    Driver=v3c
    Model=""MODEL=V3c""
    and change it to....
    Code:
    [V3c]
    Driver=v3cm
    Model=""MODEL=V3c""

Where do you people find this stuff?

HoFo folks are much more intelligent than I will ever be.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    FYI You (atleast I have to) have to do this each time you start up MPT and connect your phone.
    I think something's messed up with your system then. I have this working on 3 different computers and I only had to do this once on each one; it remembers this on each subsequent startup. I don't think you should have to do this every time.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

V3c and MPTSuccesses and Failures :-( Any Ideas??? - Take 2

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickster
    O.K., seriously, this is not that complicated. Unless you got a version of the V3c we have not seen yet, the following should work fine for you:

1. Undo everything you've done.

2. Download and install the driver located here: http://www.bvrp.com/Customers/Motorola/DriverTool.zip.

3. Plug your phone into the computer using a standard USB cable and let the plug-and-play thing do its thing. Tell it to automatically find it and it will find it and call it Motorola USB Modem or some such thing.

4. When it's done doing that, unplug your phone from the computer.

5. Install MPT and update to 4.04 (NOTE: During one of these install levels, I forget which one, the computer will hang for what seems like an eternity; don't interrupt it, it didn't get stuck, I guess is "supposed" to do that).

6. Plug your phone back into the computer using the simple USB cable.

7. Start MPT clicking OK all the way throught profile and the setup stuff.

8. When the image of the phone pops up, everything should work except multimedia studio. To enable EVERYTHING (incl. multimedia studio), follow Mark's instructions which are, again, Menu-->Setup-->General Setup-->Communication Tab-->Change Modem-->Next-->Next-->Check the box marked "Do Not Automatically detect the driver. Select from a list"-->Next-->Highlight Motorola CDMA on the left-->Highlight V3CM on the right-->Next-->Finish.

9. Voila! Everything should work. To sync contacts you can either use the syncro option or the phonebook method (I prefer the phonebook method because it gives you more control and allows you to sync TO the phone only; that way your phone isn't busy screwing with your Outlook contacts list, which, if it's like mine, is 1000+ long -- this can be a serious pain to fix, so I don't let anything or anyone touch it except my secretary, my pda, or myself -- certainly not my phone); to connect to the network, click the "Connect to the Internet" button (NOTE: If you're in an EVDO network, you may want to disable EVDO first -- read elsewhere on this board for how to do that; if you're on a 1x network you should be in business at ~140Kbps and it only eats regular minutes); the multimedia studio is pretty self-explanatory; the calendar sync may still have a bug, it may not, I don't know because I don't use it (it is, after all, a phone, not a PDA), but I would check around here to find out before I tried to sync the calendar as my understanding is that if it still has that bug, it could screw up your phone pretty seriously; text messaging and email are pretty self-explanatory as well.

Thanks for the reply. As I was getting ready to restore my image from Thursday, I heard my V3c beeping indicating my laptop was connecting to it. After going to the BT neighborhood and clicking on the phone icon, it came back with all 3 'features' - headset, OBEX AND DUN. After playing around I believe I found what was messing up -- I usually put my laptop into hibernate mode most of the time when I am done with it, but since I was going to re-image it, I rebooted instead. Seems like there may be some driver issues with my T42 BT and/or hardware. Indeed, when I again shut it down into hiberate mode, then turned it back on, it would not see DUN with the phone unless I either rebooted the laptop OR turned the BT off and then back on. Any way, I went ahead and re-imaged, did what you said to do above, and everything is working, including Calendar WITH version 4.04. And, MMS does 'stay', even after shutting down and rebooting. So I take back my comment about stopping at 3.30...

Again, thanks for your help with MPT. Ready to give some pointers on getting PST/P2K working so I can do edits (not seeing the phone at all...)?
    Toys, toys, toys -- I want more toys...

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ha, no, I have one rule -- no hacking my indispensible gadgets. In my world, that means no hacking my cell phone or my TiVo. I'll stick to MPT. I can accomplish just about everything I want to accomplish through established non-hack software. Mr. Venture would know more about that.

--Matt

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fm-mi
    ...Indeed, when I again shut it down into hiberate mode, then turned it back on, it would not see DUN with the phone unless I either rebooted the laptop OR turned the BT off and then back on. Any way, I went ahead and re-imaged, did what you said to do above, and everything is working...
    It should work fine. Some with the V3C have mentioned that the BT DUN profile dissappears.. but usually "rebooting" the phone brought it back...
    Quote Originally Posted by fm-mi
    ...Ready to give some pointers on getting PST/P2K working so I can do edits (not seeing the phone at all...)?
    Visit my pages (link in my signature), when you get there, you want to see the nav link on the left for V3C INFO, as well as the FAQ in the upper right to get you started... then use the nav links down the left in order from top to bottom....

You'll also want to view the SEEM EDIT page...

BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING... Even the fine print... I've included details because of people asking questions... so its all there....

Device(s)
    Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    8. When the image of the phone pops up, everything should work except multimedia studio. To enable EVERYTHING (incl. multimedia studio), follow Mark's instructions which are, again, Menu-->Setup-->General Setup-->Communication Tab-->Change Modem-->Next-->Next-->Check the box marked "Do Not Automatically detect the driver. Select from a list"-->Next-->Highlight Motorola CDMA on the left-->Highlight V3CM on the right-->Next-->Finish.
    I too want to thank you for these steps. I've searched a lot the past few nights looking for info that might help...this is great and worked; however, I must have missed something which leads to my question. I did these steps and now I can sync contacts but the calendar is not even an option -- only contacts is available. Any ideas (or point to a thread/site that could help)? Thanks!

Device(s)
    XV6900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No need to reconfigure each time. Mine works fully throughout. There is a link on the forum somewhere, Im sure Mark can point it out, in regard to a masterchange ID. I looked but could not find it. If you have 3.28, it then suggests you use this.I implemented this before I downloaded MPT 4.0 and I had no problems whatsoever, even as setup with V3c, everything totally functional, and not V3cm. I would like to note that using MPT 4 if you use the file transfer,(this was not the case with 3.28) in reference to mp3's it will only copy to your ringtone folder, not your audio folder, which means if you want to send a tone with your message your limited. With my setup as V3 GSM(3.28) I never encoutered this, the clips were in my audio and ringtone folders, so I could send any ringtone I wanted with a pic message. I found another way around this, to work both folders, all I can remember at this point, is to direct your ringtones to the audio folder, and they will show up in both, but you have to be in the correct menu of MPT. I will have to get back on this.

Device(s)
    Razr v3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When I tried to change the phone to v3cm there wasn't a v3cm listed. I chose 710m which seems to work with the v3c.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto600RR
    No need to reconfigure each time. Mine works fully throughout. There is a link on the forum somewhere, Im sure Mark can point it out, in regard to a masterchange ID. I looked but could not find it. If you have 3.28, it then suggests you use this.
    not sure about the "master change id" thing... but there was a tip to replace the MODEMS.PAC with an older one if you were using MPT v3.28 which fixes the MultiMedia Center being present but grayed out... But this is a NON-Issue if you upgrade MPT to V4.04b.

(since I've re-written my MPT pages to cover v4... the MPT v3.2x pages are now "not linked" so visit directly at... http://v710.org/mark/V710_MPT3.htm for details..)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo3120
    When I tried to change the phone to v3cm there wasn't a v3cm listed. I chose 710m which seems to work with the v3c.
    which version of MPT?

Device(s)
    Razr v3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    which version of MPT?
    Version 3.28 7/13/2005

Now I'm having the usb broken connection issues. Tried a couple of the fixes but got sick of messing with it

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo3120
    Version 3.28 7/13/2005

Now I'm having the usb broken connection issues. Tried a couple of the fixes but got sick of messing with it
    With MPT V3.28 select V3C... but you might need the Modems.pac dated prior to 12/14/05... (link to it on my MPTv3 page that I pasted in above...) in order for the MultiMedia Studio to work...

As for the broken connection ... If you mean... "communication link broken by phone" then first try the latest version of BVRP's DRIVERTOOL.ZIP

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast