Thread: What is the average screen size for cell/mobile phones?

Feedback Score

What is the average screen size for cell/mobile phones?

I want to put some pictures jpg and maybe a small movie on a cell phone, but what is the maximum area a cell phone covers? Is 640X480 ok? I don't want cropping, so I would like to know what it is (at least approx). I have done a search and found not a heck of alot on this subject. I know that there are different manufacturers for phones, but I am hoping to find an approx size. Thank you in advnace.
    Also I didn't know which forum to post this to, I hope this one is ok.

Feedback Score
    Anybody have any url or website to help me out with this? Is this a hard question...

Phones
    N95-3
    W810i
    Carrier
    The New Ma Bell
    Feedback Score
    You're really better off just giving us a specific model. Since screen size can differ dramatically depending on phone brand and/or style.

Feedback Score
    So there isn't a safe catch all for let's say 75% of phones out there? If I wanted to make a streaming video or something for cell phones, is there an average to go by?

Phones
    NOkia 8801 Noika8890 Nokia 8850 Nokia 8390
    Sony Erricsson T39m, T29
    Motorola V3 Black
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    HHHMMMM.....LET'S JUST SAY...COMPARE NOKIA 7280 AND SE P910i

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Few phones have VGA displays right now (I think the HTC Universal/imate Jasjar is one model). Perhaps in the future. Many Motorola phones have 176 x 220 pixels. Nokia series 40 phones have 128 x 128 pixels (some like the 6230i and 8800 have 208 x 208). Nokia series 60 phones have 178 x 208 pixels. Samsung's vary, but many new models have 176 x 220 displays as well.

You can check individual models out at http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/index_all.php or http://www.gsmarena.com/.

Tango Uniform

Phone
    LG LX-225
    Carrier
    STI mobile
    Feedback Score
    This site lists screen resolutions for a bunch of different phones.