Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tethering and Data settings for your phone (MMS, SMS, MediaNet, CSD, WAP, Email, etc)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score

Tethering and Data settings for your phone (MMS, SMS, MediaNet, CSD, WAP, Email, etc)

Last edited by bobolito; 10-25-2006 at 08:25 AM.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Feedback Score

Bobolito- explain exactly how you get internet for free!

i currently have sprint with my wife on a shared plan, she has had trouble receiving text messages and we are wanting to change to a new service in the next few days - i have internet on my phone, got it when it first came out and it doesn't cost me anything - if i switch, i would like to get internet but at 39.99 a month, that's steep for me... you can email me if you like thanks, Doubledip29

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (since 1998)
    Feedback Score
    $39.99 is a DATA plan for PDA style phones. If you're simply wanting to surf WAP sites on your phone, all you would need is a MediaNet package.
    Binx
    Marketing & Promotions for clubs, DJs, & businesses
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/binx75075
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/binx75075
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/binx75075
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/binx75075

Device(s)
    NEC 840
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

help regarding settings for NEC 840 (if it's even possible)

For everyone's information, I already looked at the Cingular settings faq in the forums,and it didn't work for me. is the 840 even compatible with media net at all? if it is (or at least MMS is), i kindly request settings that i can use with my 840. i was formerly on Cingular Blue, and the AT&T settings worked fine for that service, so i know my phone isn't broken. but yeah, if it can't be done, just let me know and i'll quit bothering everyone.

and i guess someone can go delete the other post i made in the "other manufacturer" forum.

Device(s)
    Blackjack II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i just wanted to ask whether or not CSD can be used....if so....the settings that are given above don't work

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick Slide
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Sda Internet Configuration Settings For Cingular

Y es i have serched every possible forum for this and i have not found nothong on how to set the tmobile sda internet configuration settings for cingular.U see i have an uncloked t-mobile sda and i use it with my cingular chip.Now i want to change the internet settings from t-mobile's to cingular.Like instead of having the tzones url when u press the tzone button on the sda,it will take me to media net homepage,and not t-zones.Also have the right internet settings of cingulars,on this phone..Anybody knows where ic an find this?

Device(s)
    Moto V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Playboy
    Y es i have serched every possible forum for this and i have not found nothong on how to set the tmobile sda internet configuration settings for cingular.U see i have an uncloked t-mobile sda and i use it with my cingular chip.Now i want to change the internet settings from t-mobile's to cingular.Like instead of having the tzones url when u press the tzone button on the sda,it will take me to media net homepage,and not t-zones.Also have the right internet settings of cingulars,on this phone..Anybody knows where ic an find this?
    I also use the T-Mo SDA with Cingular. I haven't figured out how to reprogram the T-Zones button, but I have reconfigured MMS, TXT, and internet to work without a problem. I you need those settings you can get them directly from Cingular's phone support page:

https://onlinecare.cingular.com/supp...device-support

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick Slide
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok thanks but what manufactorer i choose and what model pf the phone?

Device(s)
    Moto V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Choose the Cingular 2125, which is Cingular's version of the SDA, without the wifi. When you choose the phone, the screen will list several articles, you can also download the Cingular user manual, quick start quide, ect. The articles you will be interested in are TXT, SMS, and MMS settings.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick Slide
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok thank you...

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    For those still using a PowerPC running OS X 10.3, my thread on tethering might help explain poor EDGE speeds, http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=257437

PS: The settings for tethering to a UMTS/HSDPA phone are exactly the same, at least on the Mac side.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score

Cingular Bluetooth Tethering settings

Very new to this...I can't seem to get this to work. I only occasionally don't have wifi to connect, and would like to use Cingular and Bluetooth. I set up a DUN but it gives me a 734 error (while trying to register computer to network). I am using a Samsung D807. Could someone tell me what the settings are for WAP (I just have MediaNet $20 package). Thanks.

Device(s)
    Motorola Rizr Z3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Cingular Settings For NEC L1 / e949

I was having trouble finding settings for an nec l1
    and finally found ones that work (Motorola L6 Settings

If anyone needs GPRS,MMS or DialUp Settings for this phone go to

cingular-->Support-->Phone/Device Support and Select Motorola L6
    or
    Cingular Phone/Device Support
    Last edited by Makrin; 09-12-2006 at 02:37 PM. Reason: To Find quicker if user searches

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cingular Browser and email settings for KRZR K1

OK, I have a New Phone KRZR K1 from overseas. I cannot figure out how to setup the email and web sessions for Cingular.

Anyone done this?

In the email message setup, after setting up the account, the only options for web session is preloaded configurations such as: Gee!GPRS, and others. How to get to a screen where i can enter the correct info for Cingular?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    As stated above, please go to the Cingular support page. The settings for any Motorola are virtually the same.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast