Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tethering and Data settings for your phone (MMS, SMS, MediaNet, CSD, WAP, Email, etc)

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    THANKS everyone who helped me set up my nokia 6620 to tether...it's quite a few steps but i like it. I set it up via BT and cable...it seems the cable gives much faster speeds....111 vs. 480

thanks again!
    No longer selling my v551. I'd rather have that then a Nokia 6102.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mochachip
    THANKS everyone who helped me set up my nokia 6620 to tether...it's quite a few steps but i like it. I set it up via BT and cable...it seems the cable gives much faster speeds....111 vs. 480

thanks again!
    Could you post the steps?

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have Aim settings for the Nokia E50 S60v3?
    Just remember, the lesser of two evils is still evil

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-1 (sand)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    GPRS settings? For AIM try using agile messenger

GPRS Settings:
    Settings Name: Cingular Wireless Internet Express
    Home Page: http://device:home or http://device.home
    Session Mode: Permanent
    Connection Security: On
    APN: wap.cingular (lower case)
    PDP_Type: IP
    Gateway IP Address: 66.209.11.61
    Port: 9201
    Authentication Type: Secure
    Login Type: Automatic
    User Name: [email protected] (All upper case)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (All upper case)

MMS Settings:
    Service Name: MMS
    Server Name (mmsc): http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Web Session Name: MMS

Hope that helps.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-1 (sand)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Found this in another thread:

AIM
    Screen name: The AIM screen name to use.
    Password: The password for the AIM screen name.
    GPRS Address: http://aol.cwmim.com:1171
    Text msg number: 1112470100
    Bearer: Automatic
    Service name: AIM

Password: The password for the AIM screen name.
    GPRS Address: http://icq.cwmim.com:1172
    Text msg number: 1112470200
    Service name: ICQ

CW - As far as i know this is for wireless village. I don't know what CW stands for (cingular wireless village?)
    User ID: The CW username to use.
    Password: The password for the CW username.
    GPRS Address: http://wv.cwmim.com:1173
    msg number: 1112470300
    Service name: CW

Feedback Score

Help on new unlocked razor v3

My wife purchased me a new razor v3 for christmas. I placed my cingular sim card in the phone and it works, however I cant send pictures or connect to media-net. I have made the changes recommended by cingualr tech support and I have tryed some of the suggestions on this forum. any suggestions would be very much appricated. thanks

Feedback Score
    I just got an N80, and well, there is no predefined mailbox for sending out an email on the phone. How do I configure the regular cingular settings so that the phone just automatically sends out the email from my cingular email?...just like on my locked 6682. What am I missing here? It seems like this should be easy:

Yes I went to Nokiausa and had them send me the settings. No luck.

Yes I went to Cingular's site and tried to find some answers there. No luck.

Yes I searched the forum and didn't find anything outside of suggestions to do the previous things I just mentioned.

Yes I realize that someone will be able to find the answer in two seconds and then flame me.

Thanks -
    I want to buy your Nokia E7.

HoFo Feedback (9+, 0-)

Device(s)
    AT&T 8925/Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

New life for my MPx220

Quote Originally Posted by jhardin1
    I also use the T-Mo SDA with Cingular. I haven't figured out how to reprogram the T-Zones button, but I have reconfigured MMS, TXT, and internet to work without a problem. I you need those settings you can get them directly from Cingular's phone support page:

https://onlinecare.cingular.com/supp...device-support
    This is AWESOME. I've had my MPx220 for a little over a year. I changed the ROM to the Chinese 3.45, and had to do some reconfiguring. Your above link was a MAJOR help. Thank you for being here.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Why R MMS messages truncated?

I'm sending text messages from email to my cingular RAZR via their MMS gateway -- the messages are always truncated at around 500 or so bytes. I'm thinking this is a phone setting but can't find anyway to change this. Is this a "seem" edit I've been reading about? What does "seem" stand for? "Seems" like this should be easier?

Thanks for any explanation or help!

Device(s)
    AT&T 8925/Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixeyes
    I'm sending text messages from email to my cingular RAZR via their MMS gateway -- the messages are always truncated at around 500 or so bytes. I'm thinking this is a phone setting but can't find anyway to change this. Is this a "seem" edit I've been reading about? What does "seem" stand for? "Seems" like this should be easier?

Thanks for any explanation or help!
    Though I am not sure of the limitations in terms of bytes, I can say with a high amount of certainty that text msgs are limited to 160 characters (including numbers, spaces, punctuation, symbols, etc), and that limitation is set by Cingular. Msgs over 160 chars. are as you say truncated.

http://www.cingular.com/learn/messag...al-notices.jsp

The text that follows is from the above-listed URL:

II. ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR SPECIFIC DATA SERVICES

Text, Instant Messaging and Picture/Video Messaging
    Messages are limited to 160 characters per message. Premium text and picture/video messages are charged at their stated rates. Standard rates apply to all incoming messages when in the U.S. Different, non-standard per message charges apply to international messages sent from the U.S. Text, Instant, Picture, and Video messages are charged when sent or received, whether read or unread, solicited or unsolicited. Cingular does not guarantee delivery of messages. Text, Instant, Picture, and Video messages, including downloaded content, not delivered within 7 days will be deleted. Cingular reserves the right to change this delivery period as needed without notification. You are charged for each part of messages that are delivered to you in multiple parts. Picture/Video Messaging, data plan, and Text Messaging may need to be provisioned on an account in order to use Picture/Video Messaging. Some elements of Picture/Video messages may not be accessible, viewable, or heard due to limitations on certain wireless phones, PCs, or e-mail. Maximum Picture/Video message size is 300 kilobytes, although handset limitations might be lower. Cingular reserves the right to change the Picture/Video message size limit at any time without notification. Picture/Video Messaging pricing is for domestic messages only. When a single message is sent to multiple recipients, the sender is charged for one message for each recipient and each recipient is charged for the message received. Text message notifications may be sent to non-Picture/Video Messaging subscribers if they subscribe to Text Messaging.

I did notice that you were trying to send the text via MMS, perhaps text limitations apply there as well? I just thought of this as I was typing the last sentence, but how about going into Paint, open a new file and type in desired text, save it as an image file (JPG?), and send it via MMS? As long as it's under 300KB, should be good to go.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

limitations of MMS text length

Thanks for the reply SolidStrike -- yeah, I'm trying to get around the 160 character limitation in SMS by going through MMS gateway where every reference seems to say the limitation is at least 100,000 bytes/characters, but I'm not seeing anything over 900 characters of text, ususally around 500. I'm still thinking its the phone and sure would like to hear from someone knowledgeable about that. Your suggestion to format the text as a jpeg or other graphic is a very interesting idea -- I'm going to try that. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

MMS picture limitations too

Just to followup SolidStrike, I modified my app to write the text over a Jpeg and send the message that way. More disappointment followed as once the image size grew beyond 176X442 pixels the handset (apparently) just turned it into a thumbnail and there was no way to view the entire image in any usable-readable way. Apparently the handset software wants images that fit neatly into one screen (like a graphic used for wallpaper or screensaver) and has no ability to deal with anything very much larger than that. In my case my app adjusted the size of the image vertically for a longer message but once I got beyond the screen size, instead of scrolling, it just reduced the image to an unreadable thumbnail. Very disappointing. I suppose I could chop the message into multiple smaller images. I may try that next, but I'm finding trying to do any truely usefull business messaging apps is very frustrating due to phone software limitations or carrier gateway/policy nonsense.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Coufused about why no G3

Hi Folks ... I have not been able to find on the forums (and maybe I am just not good at searching ???) any infomation on how to get my "unbranded" Razr Maxx V6 phone to woke with Cingular 3g. It comes up just fine with 2.5g Edge10 and if I put my 3G simm into a Cingular "branded" phone it works just fine on 3g. I know my settings are ok because I can surf the net on the 2.5g (although I do not get media net since I have not done the seem mod)

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this ???

Thank you

Device(s)
    AT&T 8925/Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I forgot about that. My girlfriend had a RAZR for a while, and after loading pictures for her via Motorola Phone Tools, I noticed that they weren't the same mem size. They were smaller, and upon further inspection, the pixel size was cut to fit the screen. That is definitely a feature of the phone.

Device(s)
    V9M (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, if this question was answered somewhere else - I couldn't find the answer. I'm a VZW customer, possibly looking to jump over to AT&T. My biggest concern is this: with VZW, I can easily tether to my phone without any kind of data plan (I do pay ~$7 for mobile web, not sure if that somehow masks my tethering data usage, but I know it isn't necessary for it to work.) The general consensus is that as long as you don't use it too heavily, you'll fly below the radar and not get billed for it. Do you need to have a data plan with AT&T in order to tether without getting billed out the wazoo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast