Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tethering and Data settings for your phone (MMS, SMS, MediaNet, CSD, WAP, Email, etc)

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    cartervt2k - I'm not an expert in tethering issues, but I'm skeptical about any "flying below the radar", all messaging is measured/counted/sliced and diced. Most likely your data plan is absorbing your usage, once you go beyond the plan block limit, you'll be billed for additional minutes / messages / kB / etc. Buy the plan to cover your typical usage and you won't have to worry about the wazoo....

Device(s)
    LG VX8500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    If you have an unlimited MEdianet plan you'll be able to tether if you use the wap access point instead of isp. A full fledged pda plan, or even worse a data connect plan, are not necessary. Although, AT&T's wap service costs more than t-mo for unlimited, at 19.99$/mo

Device(s)
    W580i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can someone post the settings to set up ATT's MediaNet and MMS on my newly unbranded SE w580i? I went to SE's config site and tried that method, and SE keeps telling me "there are no settings for your phone."

Feedback Score
    Can someone please tell me if the modem string makes any difference in the quality of the connection and/or the way AT&T bills you.

For example I have seen the following variety of strings:

AT+CFUN=1;+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular"

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular"

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular","",0,0

What does the CFUN command add? And the extra zeros after wap.cingular?
    I havent had the courage to change the wap.cingular to isp.cingular cause I'm afraid of the way AT&T will start billing.

BTW, I'm on the media max unlimited 200 plan using the 8125. I have noted that my APN on the 8125 is set to isp.cingular and CANNOT be changed.

I'm also thinking of upgrading to a 3G phone for the better speeds.

Device(s)
    W810i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have MMS settings for a W810i. I have a new one unlocked and I am at work posting this so internet is working. I have found a few settings in various threads but none will work.

Also the SE site says there are no settings avalible and the links to the Cingular settings page are dead. Can anyone help?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3