Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: An Open letter to those who PM me for help!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    How about I PM you and invite you to dinner at the local steak house??
    Last edited by Donkey; 08-30-2006 at 10:35 PM.

Device(s)
    MOTO SLVR-telus on f/w w/ opera mini!!
    Carrier(s)
    V E R I Z O N
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by apristel
    OP thinks he's something special.
    guess u don't know who the big doggs are
    dancin, smokin, drinkin, slowly blinkin, just another cali weekend

you don't got the guts to be what you want to be - scarface

why drink n drive when you can smoke and fly..

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    No. apparently everyone else does or they would not be PM'ing me asking for help

Examples...

Quote Originally Posted by mobbdeep389
    Hey Mark. I have a razr v3m, got it the other day. I have spent the past 4 hours download all of the nessacary softwares and researching how to do seem edits and stuff to be abel to get mp3s onto my phone to use them as ringtones. I have gotten the latest bitpim, done all the motorola update thigns, gotten all drivers in, gotten my phone dectected as a modem, and i have Advanced P2K Seem Edit. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to continue on to seem edit my phone and am very worried about messing it up. I was wondering if you could provide me with your AIM screen name if you have one or in some way give me a step by step guide on how to do seem edits with pictures. I do not understand at all how to get something to be 006A or anythign like that. (ps, i am pretty computer savvy but cannot figure this out at all). I am on the verge of returning my phone after all of this. Please help!
    this person has only 12 posts... none are about seem editing or even about Moto Phones!! only about VX8000 which is the phone filled into this person's profile...

Um, don't I have an illustrated step by step seem edit guide at http://mark.cdmaforums.com ??? and isn't there a link in my sig saying that??

Quote Originally Posted by Vrael
    You seem to be a very active member.. I was wondering ifyou could point me in the right direction. I posted in verizon/motarola about the V3m, asking a few questions about it because I'm looking into buying it and the thread got locked. Where can I post this and get good feedback?

I'm in the market for a phone and I've been looking at the Razr V3m. I found this site through a review of the phone on businessweek.com. I was curious as to how modifying the phone worked, how easy it was, and what modifications can be done to the V3m.

Alot of the reviews said that verizon locks out all sorts of options. One person replied saying "Get MPT, then go to howardforums.com so you can unlock everything Verizon doesn't want you to have." I'm not particularly tech savvy.. I would like to know what MPT is, and if you can get the outside display to display a picture when someone calls you (I heard that on this phone you cant, I was wondering if anyone here had figured out how)

This post has no real order.. but I'd like to know how easy it is to mod (the V3m), how much you can mod it, and what you need to mod it. Also, can you get in trouble for modifying your phone?
    I would really appreciate any help you could give me.
    Newbie (only 2 posts) who apparently didn't read the rules how redundant threads will be locked. And apparently didn't take a few minutes to read http://mark.cdmaforums.com and see the HOW TO's page... or the MPT link...

Quote Originally Posted by KingMikeSays
    I'm a noob to flashing...can you please IM me and help me? I'd really appreciate it. I heard you're the best

Thanks,
    Mike

SN: *KingMikeSays*
    How many threads are there about flashing already?? Discussing exactly what needs to be done?? There are instructions in the Alltel Wiki, darklodge.com and elsewhere... on the HOW TO's I have a blurb about flashing and point to a set of VERY GOOD instructions (not written by me)!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse2361
    cold you help me i am having trouble using midway it is not detecting my phone i am connected via usb i have a v3 and running xp plz helllllpppppp
    This person has a GSM moto from Vodaphone... and there are threads over in the Moto section on getting Java games onto the phones, why not just read/follow those threads and post in there?

Quote Originally Posted by faktor
    I wanted to start by saying that I am sorry for PMing you with questions and I know you are busy, but you know so much about cell phones and are one of the best contributors on this website. You really know your stuff and are very helpful, so I thought I would give it a try.

I have a Verizon Razr V3c phone with the .03 firmware. Two days ago, I was interested to see what new features the .04 firmware had and if it could fix a problem of mine, so I upgraded my phone (also thanks to this forum and wanting to mod things!). Even though I liked the looks, it didn't fix my problem, so I have to take it into service now. When I flashed back to the .03 firmware...the phone displays features from both firmwares. I have both flash files. Is there anyway to go back to the .03 firmware and not have the Get Going and other features from .04?

Thanks in advance for any help or even just lettign me ask, I appreciate it. Sorry again for bothering you with my problem.
    Trying to suck up before asking a question??? Um yeah, that will help... NOT!!!

This person has only 1 post on these forums... and its ASKING THIS SAME EXACT QUESTION... Um, if I had an answer, don't you think I would have responded to the thread??? the user's profile of phone/provider not filled in... Um, features from both firmwares?? um, exactly which firmwares did they use?? and why?? did they mix and match Verizon and alltel firmwares???

and do you see a Razr (V3C or V3M) listed in my profile??

So I posted my response in that thread asking for clarification... and got NONE... -> http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=987299

Quote Originally Posted by opm01
    Mark,

Sorry to bother you about this, but I did the reading and still could not find the MOT PST ver 7.23. Can you please direct me to it? I need to change the PRL to Cricket and my MOT PST 7.1.1 cannot do it. Thank you for your help....

OPM
    This person has 6 posts total... 5 on LG phones, 1 asking for PST.... another one who didn't read the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver84
    I've been looking to find QPST and I did.

I'm trying to change the Dun on my 8500 like your write up and I can't get past the "select base model". I can see the surf models but the are all SurfXXXX-(and more).

I'm using QPST 2.7 build 91. Is this too out of date? if so can you point me in the right direction for the newest QPST?

much thanks!!
    Hmm... what did I comment about that last person?? Same here.... for a person with 12 posts...

and the list goes ON.....
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 08-31-2006 at 09:58 AM.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i'm not sure why people replied to this thread? it was simply just telling you guys he doens't have all this time to answer questions and just do searches. The man has helped a ton, let him be!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I agree. Just to thank Mark for all his time to post useful information here. People should respect what he wants not to PM him for questions that have already answered in the forum.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow. Go away.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    4. Please SEARCH these forums... there are many talented people here, and a LOT of information!! If you can't find it by searching, try scrolling through the first 5 pages of the thread listing and just read the titles... you are bound to find a thread that already discusses what you are asking.
    Mark is a wonderful and talented guy. However, sorry, but this hits upon my pet peeve, and I just have to say something.

Searching for answers, here in HF, is rather difficult even for someone with experience. We have talked about this before, and it seems that one of the problems is that there is an implied "or" between words. Most people, and especially nu-bee's, expect an "and" between words. For example, if I search for "v3c driver problem", I will get every thread/post that contains "v3c", plus every thread/post that contains "driver", plus every thread/post that contains "problem". That is an awful lot of threads/posts for a nu-bee to go through and successfully find their answer.

Plus, the moderators have been closing threads pretty quick lately, leaving either a partial answer, or even a down right wrong answer, as the final word. I don't know how a nu-bee could tell those threads, from others with better/correct answers.

So, it is much better, if you must, to provide a link to the right answer, than to simply tell a nu-bee "go search for it yourself".

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA
    Mark is a wonderful and talented guy. However, sorry, but this hits upon my pet peeve, and I just have to say something.

Searching for answers, here in HF, is rather difficult even for someone with experience. We have talked about this before, and it seems that one of the problems is that there is an implied "or" between words. Most people, and especially nu-bee's, expect an "and" between words. For example, if I search for "v3c driver problem", I will get every thread/post that contains "v3c", plus every thread/post that contains "driver", plus every thread/post that contains "problem". That is an awful lot of threads/posts for a nu-bee to go through and successfully find their answer.

Plus, the moderators have been closing threads pretty quick lately, leaving either a partial answer, or even a down right wrong answer, as the final word. I don't know how a nu-bee could tell those threads, from others with better/correct answers.

So, it is much better, if you must, to provide a link to the right answer, than to simply tell a nu-bee "go search for it yourself".

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson W800i
    Feedback Score
    Which procedure to remove blockade of min of Motorola E815?
    Falar de mim é Fácil, difícil é ser EU.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA
    Searching for answers, here in HF, is rather difficult even for someone with experience....
    I know.. which is why that point also included the statement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    If you can't find it by searching, try scrolling through the first 5 pages of the thread listing and just read the titles... you are bound to find a thread that already discusses what you are asking.
    Please keep in mind... I'm not against POSTING QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS!!!! That is what they are for!!!

If people search, can't find the answer, by all means, post your question in the forum... I'm ok with that!! then later, if they PM me a LINK to that thread (or post) asking me to look at it... I'm ok with that too!

The entire point of the original post of this thread is due to PM's from people who DO NOT read the threads and other info first, or don't post a question in the forums.... OR do post in the forum but still PM me the SAME EXACT QUESTION at the SAME TIME!!! And of course those who PM me, then pm me again 1hr later demanding I answer, etc...

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's even worse when the noobs include things like, "I'm too lazy to search" or "I don't have time to read through x-amount of pages."

Device(s)
    V3mM
    Feedback Score
    I have a friend who does the same things about computers. He hasn't read his manual, doesn't read directions, etc. He's always asking me questions and we always have to start the same way - is your computer turned on, what software are you talking about, etc, ad nauseum.

I send him links so he can find out how to solve his particular "problem de jour" but he always tells me the same thing - "I'm too busy to read all that; can't you just tell me how to do it." When he recently asked me to help him mod his phone (I'm 63, just got my 1st cell phone 1 month ago, and have modded the hell out of it) I gave him several links and once again said he was too busy to read them. He also said a "friend would help a guy by telling him how to do it." SO now he's mad that I won't help. He obviously thinks his time is more valuable than mine; he's told me so.

Piss on him. LAst time I told him I would help with all his problems for $40/hr. Suddenly he doesn't have any problems but he's still mad.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I guess he isn't a very close friend to begin with. If my 30 years plus friend asked me to help him, I would suggest a better time for both of us to do so. He had done the same to me. I guess you can call that a true friendship.

Device(s)
    Centro X 2, Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    It's even worse when the noobs include things like, "I'm too lazy to search" or "I don't have time to read through x-amount of pages."
    I know, but that kind of stuff will happen on any forum. If it's a legit question or someone is "panicking" I think it's best to help them out. Remember, at some point in time we too were "noobs" and in desperate need of help.

I did this with my first computer back in 1995. My hard drive crashed and wanted to replace it. The questions I asked were so simple (now that I look back on it) but no one "flamed me" they simply took the time and helped me out.

Either ignore the post or simply help them out. Use simple judgement whether replying is worth it or not. If not, then simply ignore the post and move on.
    Acts 17:27
    "His purpose in all of this was that the nations would seek after GOD and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him-though he is not far from any of us"

By the way, there is absolutely NOTHING in the Constitution about "Separation of Church and State"! This is Fact!!

Article one was to keep Government out of religion, not Religion out of Government!!!

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lets456
    I know, but that kind of stuff will happen on any forum. If it's a legit question or someone is "panicking" I think it's best to help them out. Remember, at some point in time we too were "noobs" and in desperate need of help.

I did this with my first computer back in 1995. My hard drive crashed and wanted to replace it. The questions I asked were so simple (now that I look back on it) but no one "flamed me" they simply took the time and helped me out.

Either ignore the post or simply help them out. Use simple judgement whether replying is worth it or not. If not, then simply ignore the post and move on.
    Or watch as the mods lock it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast