Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: An Open letter to those who PM me for help!!

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hachu
    A suggestion for a new thread title for you:
    "Can't browse .04 v3c using MPT. help?"
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am fairly new here and unfamiliar with how things should be done. I figured I would post a reply instead of creating a new thread in an attempt to minimize clutter.

Device(s)
    LG EnV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mark, I see in your list of phones you say you have a V3Cpp (alltel flash) does the pp stand for pre-pay?

(now to PM Mark the same question for faster results.) ((just kidding))

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyL
    Mark, I see in your list of phones you say you have a V3Cpp (alltel flash) does the pp stand for pre-pay?

(now to PM Mark the same question for faster results.) ((just kidding))
    Stands for Pre Pay, but others (and I am in the process) of getting it working on a post pay account.

Device(s)
    LG EnV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    dleising thanks for letting me know. I had an LG The V which became lost/thrown out and replaced it with a V3C pre-pay purchased @ Wallmart which I then had activaed on my account.

I have problems with VCAST not working so I took it to a Verizon store, played dumb and they replaced it with another of the same model

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by simshadeee
    I have a question in regards to your last couple sentences stated here. I am trying to xfer ringtones via MPT although my phone is detecting properly I am unable to browse files on my phone. My V3c currently has the .04 verizon loaded firmware. If you can just clarify what the users with .04 firmware should do that would be great.
    Pleaes use the MPT Link on my pages which takes you to... -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_MPT.htm

which states...
    As you can see, Verizon disables compatibility with MPT's MultiMedia Studio feature (part that does ring tones/pictures/videos) on the phones themselves..

Because of this, they also remove the "M" from the phone ID string... so when MPT auto-detects your phone, it will only give you the options of a "STOCK" phone, i.e. NO MultiMedia Studio icon...

There are two things needed to fix this... (you must do both!!)
    First... Re-enable the feature on the phone.. Seem Edit is the only way!! (Offset 6A, Bit0... on the E815, V3C, V3M, KRZR it would be Seem 2742, however on the V710/V325 it would be Seem 041A)
    Second... Get MPT to see your phone as the "M" model of your phone so that you get MPT's MultiMedia Studio icon/features... (There are 3 different ways to accomplish this task, you must "pick 1"... each are described on the install/setup guides below..)
    Based on the text you quoted... you are only doing the 2nd part... the ID STring edit. If you didn't do the FIRST PART (seem 2742, offset 6A, bit0) then no matter what you do to seem 2827, MultiMedia Studio features will NEVER work properly...

Also, where it talks about the 2742 seem edit, it links you to the POPULAR SEEM EDITS page... which does have pre-edited 2827 seems that you can use... I'll add a blurb to the "MPT Via Cable" page where it has that text you quoted...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyL
    Use the link in my signature about "Equipment I have/use click here".... which takes you to -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/equipment.htm (the My Equipment link off the Navigation list at my pages)

which explains it..

Other points of reference -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V3C-Process.htm
    and -> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044399

Device(s)
    Moto, V710
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hey mark, You seem to be the guy everyone is looking up to! I've been looking at alot of forums and have been searching all over your site but i don't see how you get sertain Motorola->Shared files->Audio on bitpim. I see this when i put my T-Flash in my comp. but not in bitpim. Could you show a step by step to change you welcome tune on a V710 from the original to My_ui_start_up_mono.mp3 <- your currently in use. I will be looking for a post on this site or you could e-mail me @ [email protected] for the steps thanks man.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkolinko
    Hey mark, You seem to be the guy everyone is looking up to! I've been looking at alot of forums and have been searching all over your site but i don't see how you get sertain Motorola->Shared files->Audio on bitpim. I see this when i put my T-Flash in my comp. but not in bitpim. Could you show a step by step to change you welcome tune on a V710 from the original to My_ui_start_up_mono.mp3 <- your currently in use. I will be looking for a post on this site or you could e-mail me @ [email protected] for the steps thanks man.
    If you're looking to change the startup sound.. its NOT on the TF card...

On my BitPim page it states...
    With my Verizon V710 and E815, the main things I have done with BitPim are...
    1. Changed the startup sound. (Over wrote motorola -> shared -> audio -> ui_start_up_mono.mp3 and Motorola -> system -> ui_start_up_mono.mp_ with a 32kbit/22050Hz/Mono .MP3).
    which implies... use the FileSystem feature of BitPim to navigate...

You'll see a Motorola, double click on it, you'll see Shared, double click on it, you'll see Audio, double click on it.. and you'll see the files..

As on the bitpim page, where it talks about making use of the FileSystem featnre, it states
    NOTE: on Some phones you may encounter "this folder has been locked by your provider." error message. There is no known work around for this.
    so if you get this, you'll instead have to try using P2KCommander...
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 02-18-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Device(s)
    LG EnV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mark can you please look at the screen shot in my thread at http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1110677 and see if that is correct. It looks to me like I did make the correct seem edit because I loaded that information from the phone but I'm still not able to replace the factory_config file

Device(s)
    K1m
    Feedback Score
    Hi,

I have K1m,
    How much files i can put in Transflash MicroSD Motorola/shared/Audio - folder/subfolder?

There is some Rules Limit?

tnx

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dan87654321
    Hi,

I have K1m,
    How much files i can put in Transflash MicroSD Motorola/shared/Audio - folder/subfolder?

There is some Rules Limit?

tnx
    Please Don't cross post... You asked in the "Official K1M" thread at 8:03... plus you PM'd me asking to look at your post at 8:06... then post here at 8:15?

YIKES!! Please be patient. Some of us have lives and do NOT sit on this board 24x7... Plus we read many posts in many sections... so you can NOT expect an immediate response.

Now, jump back to the K1m thread... and look for a response in about 20 min.

Device(s)
    Razr VC3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok. i posted earlier to ask how to get images and such off my vc3 razr. i downloaded bitpim and it works great! now i just needed some help in using bitpim to put ringtones ONTO my phone. i used bitpim to convert the songs i wanted into mono ringtones, but from there i am stuck. any help is well appreciated.
    What you want is not you need.
    What you need is usually just outside your grasp.
    ~
    What I need is help...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwinters
    ok. i posted earlier to ask how to get images and such off my vc3 razr. i downloaded bitpim and it works great! now i just needed some help in using bitpim to put ringtones ONTO my phone. i used bitpim to convert the songs i wanted into mono ringtones, but from there i am stuck. any help is well appreciated.
    Notice how the first post in this thread states...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    ...I still get people who PM me asking for help... MOST of it is stuff that is already documented on my pages...

With that in mind, Visit -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com and use the BITPIM link along the left which takes you to -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_BitPim.htm

Read it... you will see it explains the differences between a V3C and a V3CM... and what is possible for BitPim on each model. You will learn that you can not ADD with the V3C using BitPim... but it also tells you how to turn your V3C into a V3CM.

The BitPim help also explains that the V3C can not ADD... but the V3CM can. So take a moment to also read Bitpim's help.

Btw, this thread is not meant as a place to ask me or others for help.

Feedback Score
    Mark_Venture: I would like to meet or get to know as many software programmers (C++) that have cell phone expertise like yourself... I am a Research Assistant to a headhunter and I am working on some "hot" searches for a few prominent clients of ours and need to know where to find and speak to people like yourself who would be interested in learning about some great career opportunities we have to offer.

Thanks, in advance,for your help! Searcher2

Feedback Score
    What in the world could I have done to cause "Messaging" to drop off the menu all together on my Motorola E815? I did a seem edit to change the Verizon Wireless banner to my name, and I loaded the seem that changes the Phone ID String. I can still receive text messages but I can only send them through MPT.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast