Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: An Open letter to those who PM me for help!!

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wallygator
    hey guys-
    i got myself a new Verizon z6tv about a week ago and i really want to get games on it. I AM able to get it connected to MSU, but whenever i try to start motomidman, it freezes. When i try to read the phone in P2K, P2K works perfectly for me, and MSU connects...i dont know what the problem could be with midman. I read Mark_Ventures brilliant Verizon Razr2 V9m seem editing page, but i still dont understand 100% how to edit the java seem, and if it will even work. When i try to load the seem from the computer into the "P2Kseem" program, that freezes also and causes p2k itself to freeze. can someone please assist me with this? i CANT live without games on my phone haha...i just switched from nextel where i had 30+ games on my phone

thanks alot guys
    When you say "P2K" do you mean... P2kSeem, P2KSeem for V710, P2KCommander, P2KManager, P2KTools..... P2K what?

I think you might want to read my pages more closely as I don't recall anything on my pages for the V9M or Z6tv that says anything about JAVA....

And there is nothing saying that P2kSEeem works with the V9M or Z6tv.. In fact, item # 21 at-> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V9M.htm says P2KSeem for V710 freezes with the V9M...

Welcome to Verizon land.. our phones use BREW... NOT JAVA.. there is nothing you can do with firmware from Verizon, Alltel or USCellular to make use of Java games or Apps.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    HTC Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    damnnnn...so can i get games of any type on the phone by loading them myself?

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are two Canadian carriers that have Java instead of brew and they both recently released the V9m. If, and that's a fairly big if, a firmware is released/leaked then it may be possible to flash the V9m to that firmware and "fix" it to run on VZW as has been done with other phones using either Bell or Telus firmware.

Then you can load all the Java games and apps you like, but until that happens you are stuck with BREW and strictly controlled content and apps.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    Then you can load all the Java games and apps you like, but until that happens you are stuck with BREW and strictly controlled content and apps.
    And when it does happen and you can have Java, you are stuck without BREW, correct?

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, but somehow "stuck without BREW" doesn't quite have the ring of truth to it...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wallygator
    damnnnn...so can i get games of any type on the phone by loading them myself?
    I'll refer you to....

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/Games.htm

and Items # 41 thru 45 on -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/FAQ.htm

Device(s)
    HTC Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    I'll refer you to....

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/Games.htm

and Items # 41 thru 45 on -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/FAQ.htm
    thank you mark...i guess i have to buy tetris now

Device(s)
    Samsung schA950
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Thanks, Mark

I do not frequently post, but I do read a lot. I really appreciate your definitions of terms in regards to the OBEX/data transfer acronyms.
    Because I just purchased an LG 10000, and I am a true beginner, I would like to learn all of the definitions. I have found all the info I need on adding movies, etc. for my new phone, but I would like to understand the lingo a bit more before attempting to "hack" my new phone.
    Do you have a true beginner hack thread?
    I mean one that might say why you would even need to hack your phone to begin with?
    Please don't make fun, I am trying to educate myself, and could only find the OBEX def's as described.

Thanks in advance,

mooshkins

Device(s)
    Motorola z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R1
    use the damn search button people..
    Thanks to Mark (and everyone) for their hard work here.

I just needed to say that I use the search function quite a bit but I hate the way it works. I could be searching for something that ends up being in a 40 page thread and it'll just give me a link to the thread not to the specific message(s) and that can be a royal pain you know? If there's a better way to use the search feel free to clue me in.

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Changing Eri Banner.
    If you dont like seeing that "verizon Wireless" Logo.
    Here are the directions

1st: Connect your phone thru bitpim
    2nd: once connected view the file system
    3rd: click on the eri folder & save the eri.bin on the right side by right clicking and save
    4th: download (If you don't have it yet) PSK seem. Open It up once download
    5th: click on where it says 'load from file' and open up the eri.bin from where you saved it
    6th: There will be a Verizon WirelessA and a Verizon WirelessB. One is for the inside and one is for the outside LCD. Type Whatever you want as long as you dont go over the "Verizon wireless" ex: I Love My Phone , And never erase the a nor b at the end of 'Verizon Wireless'.
    Save your new seem and Make sure to rename it eri.bin
    7th: Overwrite the file thats in the phone with your new one.
    8th: Restart your phone, and thats it
    PIRACY KING

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RedtekDragon
    Changing Eri Banner.
    If you dont like seeing that "verizon Wireless" Logo.
    Here are the directions

1st: Connect your phone thru bitpim
    2nd: once connected view the file system
    3rd: click on the eri folder & save the eri.bin on the right side by right clicking and save
    4th: download (If you don't have it yet) PSK seem. Open It up once download
    5th: click on where it says 'load from file' and open up the eri.bin from where you saved it
    6th: There will be a Verizon WirelessA and a Verizon WirelessB. One is for the inside and one is for the outside LCD. Type Whatever you want as long as you dont go over the "Verizon wireless" ex: I Love My Phone , And never erase the a nor b at the end of 'Verizon Wireless'.
    Save your new seem and Make sure to rename it eri.bin
    7th: Overwrite the file thats in the phone with your new one.
    8th: Restart your phone, and thats it
    Really not different than...

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/C-ERI.htm which has been up since I first got the Chocolate in Aug '06.

Or for Moto's... Item # 4 on -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/HowTo.htm

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshkins
    .... Do you have a true beginner hack thread? ...
    No, not really... Sorry..

for WHY you'd want to hack... well, if you have the Voyager see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/VX10K.htm take a look at what is there.. then decide if any of those things seem like something you'd want to do to your phone...

Feedback Score
    I am very thankful for your blog showing me how to upload rintones onto my phone!

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I hope this is gratifying.

Mark - Tonight I met with my reflexologist who was dying for a ringtone on her LG VX-9900 which I had played for her last week. I promised her the ringtone in less than 5 minutes before doing any research at all.

Luckily, I had the cable for the Voyager already, which worked. First stop was HoFo. Did a quick search for “VX9900 ringtone folder”, and spent 4 minutes looking through all of the posts, including Humpas. Nothing was so easy to find.

With less than a minute to spare, I connected BitPim, connected the phone and went straight to your site. There was nothing on the main menu for that phone, but I searched your site for File Location and found LG enV (vx9900) Ringtones - /brew/16452/lk/mr

So awesome. Your documentation deserves so much more credit than I have seen.

Thanks a million.

Feedback Score
    hello mark at first have to congratulation for your page, the i have read alot of your advices , need to know how to read spc from v9m sprint and how to charge prl.thanks for your futere support.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast