Thread: Jaguar x-type bluetooth

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Jaguar x-type bluetooth

My friend was trying to pair his bluetooth with his 04 Jaguar x-type but its not working. There is a phone button on the radio controls, but when pressed it just says no phone. Does this car have bluetooth, and if so how do you pair the phone to the car?

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Phones
    V750
    iPhone 3gs
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The first thing you have to do is put the phone in discover mode, so it broadcasts itself. At that point you need to trigger the search feature on the BT setup in the jag. In the case of a motorola E815 you have about 60 seconds till it turns 'discovery' off. The jag will have a code, you will have to enter that code into the phone which will allow it to connect, call jag for the default code from the factory. Once they are paired and the phone turned on every time you start the car and the radio setup is energized the radio will find the phone and hookup. Don't be suprised if some features do not work, verizon only enables HS and HF [HeadSet] and [HandsFree]...

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA

Is that all they offer??

Feedback Score

Jaguar X-Type Bluetooth

I have just called the Jaguar dealership closest to me, because I have the same problem. Whenever i hit the phone button, it would say, No Phone. When they rang up my vin. #, they told me that I have the Pre-Wiering set up and ready to have the parts installed, but he told me that they my car does not actually have bluetooth installed. He told me it would cost me 1300 dollars to buy the needed parts, and for services. btw, I have a BRG Jaguar X-Type, 2004, 5 speed stick. Hope this helps!

Phones
    V750
    iPhone 3gs
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarXTypefan
    I have just called the Jaguar dealership closest to me, because I have the same problem. Whenever i hit the phone button, it would say, No Phone. When they rang up my vin. #, they told me that I have the Pre-Wiering set up and ready to have the parts installed, but he told me that they my car does not actually have bluetooth installed. He told me it would cost me 1300 dollars to buy the needed parts, and for services. btw, I have a BRG Jaguar X-Type, 2004, 5 speed stick. Hope this helps!
    I don't know what your dashboard looks like or how integrated the radio system is into the cars operation but an alternative would be to replace the radio with a current JVC or Pioneer bluetooth head unit, thats a heck of a lot cheaper than $1300 for a module. Many of the newer cars thats not an option as they have literally connected the radio to the car and married the dam things. My buddie has an SLK, it came with a Motorola cell phone hard wired to the car, charger in the arm rest, it goes thru the factory sound system, luckily it's a analog/digital phone but if he ever has to replace it with a newer phone he's up the creek.