Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Phone causes buzzing/static noise on speakers?

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I'll add car speakers, as well since I was using my V3 merely for data use and the car speakers buzzed.

(No, I wasn't playing around with my data plan while I was driving.)

Device(s)
    1G iPhone 2.2 unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular +
    Feedback Score
    My Sony Ericsson z520i did this all the time, while my Samsung s307 doesnt do this at all. Has to be a problem with the hardware. They are both 850/1900

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00
    That's a known issue in particular when the phone is using the 800/850 MHz band to communicate with the cell site. It can occur if the phone is using the 1900 MHz band, but it's more pronounced on the 800/850 MHz band. Yes, I get the buzzing sound on my Altec Lansings, and if I make/receive a call the buzzing gets so annoying that I end up turning off the speakers for the duration of the call.
    I agree with this. I lived for a year and a half in a 850-only roaming area (Dobson) and placing/receiving/being on a call would make it unbearable to be in the same room with my tv. I have sinced moved and rarely (if ever) get interference.

I like 850's building penetration, but it makes me wonder what the signal is doing to my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
    My Sony Ericsson z520i did this all the time, while my Samsung s307 doesnt do this at all. Has to be a problem with the hardware. They are both 850/1900
    But again, the phone that did this was a SE t637, so maybe SE's do this more than others...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Blackberry Torch 9810, HTC Vivid
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drc72
    Your speakers are not sheilded properly from radio frequency signals.

Most speakers are shielded as are computers and other electronic equipment. They just aren't shielded adequately for a signal source as strong as the cell phone. The only remedy is to move the cell phone away from the computer and speakers. The "random" noise you hear is the cell phone "talking" to the cell network. It's called a handshake and it's how the cell phone system aquires your cell phone.

Peace....

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I'll add car speakers, as well since I was using my V3 merely for data use and the car speakers buzzed.
    Have the same thing with TV, Computer and car stereo. I know what causes it and adjust accordingly. Doesn't phase me any more. And I am new to GSM.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
    -Jean-Paul Sartre

400th Post 04 DEC 09 2050 (-5 GMT)

Device(s)
    Samsung Gravity T459
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    HMMMMMM........Im about to tear my hair out of my head with the amount of noise that comes through my car speakers when my cell phone is communicating with the towers. I guess the only solution is to pull my car speakers out and try to better shield them. Im gonna go to an auto shop and see if they have experience with this stuff.
    I just migrated from TDMA to GSM and my V60 TDMA phone only buzzed the speakers when I was receiving a call (Kinda cool actually), but now it buzzes much louder and often when not receiving a call....I have a Nokia 6102 BTW(sweet phone!).

......GSM kicks @ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by babyivan; 04-22-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Blackberry Torch 9810, HTC Vivid
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The problem isn't with the car stereo speakers. The phone is not close enough to them to case RF interference. Try simply moving the phone away from your car stereo head unit. Sounds like the phone is mounted on your dashboard next to the head unit. If I'm wrong, my apologies. My experience is that RF interference from the cellphone will cause noise on wire-line telephones, computers and stereos. My father was a HAM radio operator for years and his signal used to mess with the next door neighbors' TV.

Device(s)
    Samsung Gravity T459
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlesfan
    The problem isn't with the car stereo speakers. The phone is not close enough to them to case RF interference. Try simply moving the phone away from your car stereo head unit. Sounds like the phone is mounted on your dashboard next to the head unit. If I'm wrong, my apologies. My experience is that RF interference from the cellphone will cause noise on wire-line telephones, computers and stereos. My father was a HAM radio operator for years and his signal used to mess with the next door neighbors' TV.
    Moving the phone to the back seat helps the problem, but what good is that?
    I notice that when the problem occurs, if I cover the phone with my hand, the noise gets a little lower and muffled.
    Im gonna ask around and see if my friend who's an auto-electrical guy knows of a known fix and then Ill post it on here if it helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by babyivan
    Moving the phone to the back seat helps the problem, but what good is that?
    All he has to do is get a headset with a longer cord.
    Hartford, CT Area

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drc72
    All he has to do is get a headset with a longer cord.
    BT is even better, toss the phone in the backseat.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    BT is even better, toss the phone in the backseat.
    Good Point! I didn't even think of that.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone Know any more about the "handshake"? The frequent uninhibited transmission while at rest?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfxr
    Does anyone Know any more about the "handshake"? The frequent uninhibited transmission while at rest?
    It's just a re-registration to tell the network you haven't gone into a "no service" area or had your battery die.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    It happens updates every 30 min or soo, i guess, if not using data, (automatic mailbox update, signed into a chat service) Because it pulsates my CRT moniter, and i can tell by how many shakes in the screen if im goign to receive a call or get a text message.

Device(s)
    razr v3
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    my speakers do it when im near them and on the fone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast