Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Phone causes buzzing/static noise on speakers?

Device(s)
    QTEK 9100
    Carrier(s)
    CINGULAR
    Feedback Score
    I have this problem regularly with my car stereo, television, office telephone, PC speakers, etc. and it makes me nuts since I can't always get the phone out of range. Some devices do seem to be more sensitive than others.

I'm using an HTC Wizard (same as the Cingular 8125) and it seems to be especially bad about causing this kind of interference.

I need to check the 1900 coverage in my area, but I may try a phone without 850 support to see if the trade-off is worth it.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I like it, it lets me know when an incoming text or call is on the way.... i dont think its really that bad here, but sometimes the tv goes nuts.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by burntrat
    Anyone have like weird buzzing sounds coming out of their speakers? PC and/or TV. It mostly comes from my PC speakers at random times. Once in a while just before I receive calls, I would get the noise. It sounds like a static like morse code beeping with buzzing. It gets louder when the phone gets closer to the speakers. It was barely an issue before, but now I get it constantly. I can't be the only one having this problem right?

I signed up with ATT before the merge and would get Cingular in the operator logo when roaming, but lately its been on stuck on Cingular. I am in Southeastern PA. Is it stuck at Cingular or eventually go back to ATT? I ask because I got rid of the Operator logo for ATT and cannot for Cingular. I've searched through the other posts and nothing seemed to work. The logo would dl and save just fine, but still would show Cingular. If anyone knows how to solve this itll help me out alot. thanks
    Mine does it right befor I recieve a call or text on our baby monitor. I like it, cause usually when our baby is sleeping we have our phones on vibrate only, which usually we miss calls because of this and many times the monitor makes noise right before the call and we get it. I haven't noticed it with other speakers though.

Feedback Score
    IMHO, it's normal, and really depends on the quality of the phone and the electronics at your home. I know that RAZR didn't produce so much inteference as SE810i does in my place.

Device(s)
    Sanyo 8200 = Tank-Like
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular FTW!
    Feedback Score
    my dad's new v3xx does it whenever i'm using the internet on it

Device(s)
    HTC Tytn
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular USA
    Feedback Score
    It really depends on the quality of the speakers they are near. Put them next to cheap speakers and you'll go crazy. I own a logitech 5.1 speaker set that I have set up on my desk and never hear a single buzzing through out the 2 years I had these, while if i bring the phone next to a 1998 freebie speaker set that came with a a mini tv and you'll wanna kill yourself... well not literally but yea..

Best way to eliminate it is to just upgrade your speakers really, your phone will be your new tool to test quality if anything lol, if the speaker cant shield outside interference then that can say alot about them.
    Feedback Thread for Hofo.

Pm me for Ebay feedback link.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericson Z525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    So it gets louder when the phone gets closer to the speakers? Gee, I wonder if it is the phone that's causing that.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH wow!
    Pin is 9414 96CO.
    Use it!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Only SPCS
    Feedback Score
    lol! I hate it! Happens all the time. @ home @ work with my headset on, everywhere!
    I hate the handoffs.

JE

Feedback Score
    Lol, my phone does this all the time. Worse, the RF interference used to cause my cash register to crash when I worked at Target. I'd feel a vibration from a text and there'd be about a 30% chance of my register going black and having to be rebooted.

Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    lol... I have a Canon GL-1 MiniDV camcorder. This and several other
    decks I have tested will freak out if you place the RF too close to the
    drum assembly. It confuses the heads and you can actually hear them
    "jumping" around.. Of course, it also produces large dropouts in the
    image. I wonder why.

The CCDs in the camcorder also are affected by producing horizontal
    lines of coloured noise.

I have yet to try this with a heavier ENG-style DVCPRO deck. (eg: Panasonic AJD-215). Not that I would try it either..

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dctmpeg
    The CCDs in the camcorder also are affected by producing horizontal
    lines of coloured noise.
    My one TV used to do this, only when tuned to UHF 33 and only when on the PCS A Block (Cingular, at the time). Since then AT&T has re-channeled the nearby cell site and the colored noise stopped.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson c902
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My iPhone hasn't been horrible with it, a little buzz every now and then, but the phone that I had that was the absolute worst was the k790a (great phone either way)... I could be 10 feet away from my subwoofer in my living room and you would hear the thing go nuts! I, too enjoyed it.. I used to mess with my friend because I could "predict" when i was getting a text message

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5